Beast: Personification of Sin

People often take Berserk fora good vs evil story but I dont, Guts has his ethics but he isn't a good guy, and though his intentions of revenge are for a better world essentially they are still revenge.

As for biblical ties, one of the most obvious to me is the church in the Berserk world, how much are they like the ancient catholics forcing their opinion on everyone, monopolising on wealth and going on killing sprees?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Sparnage said:
People often take Berserk fora good vs evil story but I dont, Guts has his ethics but he isn't a good guy, and though his intentions of revenge are for a better world essentially they are still revenge.

As for biblical ties, one of the most obvious to me is the church in the Berserk world, how much are they like the ancient catholics forcing their opinion on everyone, monopolising on wealth and going on killing sprees?
Ancient? Seems to me as the current church is the same just not as openly violent.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I do find the use of religious symbolism In Berserk rather interesting. I didn't see anyone use the Baphomet embodied in the Goat apostle. Especially with the snake phallus and kissing rite used to show subserviance to the cult, the orgy is a dead give away as well. It's also interesting how they use an inquisition and the Vatican, but there is no Christ like figure represented, which reinforces the concept that all the holy followers truly have no comprehension of what "God" is in the Berserk world. They are going on blind fanaticism only, without any real link to a creator, other than Mozgus.

And this leads to the question that since Mozgus became an apostle (at least I believe his transformation suggested this), would that grant him any knowledge of the GH? Because the appearance of the GH is a given when the Behelit is used right?

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
True, but did the Holy rollers create their faith based on Griffith's appearance in the Kingdom or was it much older than that? I can see Griffith's comparison to the anti-christ mentioned, but that would only make sense of his coming into power started the whole Faith/Inquisition thing in the first place.

doesnt the last 3 posts belong in the griffith anti-christ thread?

anyways, we havent seen the whole Berserk world, only what Miura wants us to see,

i understand the specualtion points of the christ, anti-christ, holly rollers, vatican, mozgus, but at the same time

wouldnt those things be as useful as whether birds fly north or south in the Berserk world,

or how deep is the ocean in the Berserk world?

like i said i understand its just speculation,

speculation with no point,

my point is that stuff should be put in its own thread, the anti-christ thread that was made for it, one that has passed its usefullness in my opinion,

this is the personification of sin thread,

which i believe the best example is griffith,

anti-christ go to a different thread,

uholla

- c 8)

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos

This is definatley one of the key differences between Asian and Western (Hollywood) cinema. In much of Asian cinema there is a blurring of roles so that the hero or villain is never clear cut. Pretty much the opposite for Hollywood.

Guess that's why people looking for a little bit more turn to foreign films (European, Asian or otherwise) for a little more substance.

KazigluBey Posted on: June 09, 2004, 11:22:50 PM
This is definatley one of the key differences between Asian and Western (Hollywood) cinema.

this is definitely not supposed to be here, so i will continue to bring up useless conversation or stuff that belongs in a different thread

on the topic of changing the subject ;D,

if griffith is the personification of sin, which he is in my opinion,

does that mean he is damned to hell, or would there be a way of repenting and justifying bringing himself to a better being?

just curious what you think,

and please dont start some mozgus, holy roller, non thread crap, sorry if i have offended anybody,

but damn, i see how walter feels sometimes,

cant some people use common sense or respect the other people and places on the board?

is that too much to ask? ???

have a pleasant evening

- c :)

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
I guess it all depends on how Griffith ends up, if he doesn't change I would think he'd be thrown into a sort of limbo, or an "abyss", not any sort of literal hell. I guess it really depends on how powerful The Idea of Evil is and if it has complete control over those who come in contact with it on such a close level as Griffith did. I mean The Idea bestowed upon Griffith the power and potential to pursue his dream when facing his darkest hour. But if Griffith fails who know's how The Idea would react to this.

A lot of people have destiny's in the world of Berserk that can lend themselves to helping to sustain the Idea (since humans created it from their desires), but some like Griffith who is mentioned along with the idea of being "a key" to change the future. Since it's the Idea of "Evil", I don't think Griffith's soul's future is very bright if he ultimately fails.

Top Bottom