Berserk PS2 Game Trailer

nir085

Horse and Armor
Re: Berserk PS2 Trailer

Aazealh said:
They're Korean trailers by YBM, Sammy didn't release anything, but gametrailers didn't rename them, they probably just took them off some Japanese game site.
Didn't think so. I'm surprised Sammy didn't release anything themselves, though.

No, Zodd's voice in Japanese is good, and way better than the pathetic English version.
:/...

I hope this reply makes you guys think about being less absolute when you give your opinions.
Absolute? It's not like all of us said "no, all BERSERK japanese VA sucks, end of discussion" - we stated our opinions with reasons to support it.

If you took the fucking time to read previous posts, and why not even threads located in the appropriate sections of that BBS, you'd know I posted better quality videos 3 days ago...
I read all those posts in all those threads but for some reason, they didn't work. Whether it was because too many people were trying to access the files or some other reason, I know not, so that's why I resorted to gametrailers.com. I'm sure they are better quality, but they're just trailers so I don't really mind too much seeing a low quality version of them as long as I see them. Not your fault, only my computer's.

They're only controversial to people at thehawks.org as far as I know...
I've seen many cases of BERSERK name confusion on this board too in the past. Either way, they are controversial when placed aside "Hirasawa Susumu".

E

ELEKTROFUNK

One last question has anybody found where is the cheapest to pre order it? :D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

nir085 said:
Didn't think so. I'm surprised Sammy didn't release anything themselves, though.

Well, no update on their site for a month.

nir085 said:
Absolute? It's not like all of us said "no, all BERSERK japanese VA sucks, end of discussion" - we stated our opinions with reasons to support it.

Yeah, well the tone of it bugged me, no big deal though, it's a matter of tastes.

nir085 said:
I read all those posts in all those threads but for some reason, they didn't work.

It's strange really, did you try with a download manager or something ? I made a test at work, just right clicking and "Save to" and it worked well :-\.

nir085 said:
I've seen many cases of BERSERK name confusion on this board too in the past. Either way, they are controversial when placed aside "Hirasawa Susumu".

It's because people are either stubborn or don't pay attention, anyway seeing how Susumu is written correctly in all the other trailers, it's probably just a typo.

Denial said:
Also, anyone else notice that he is fighting the snow monster/golems while he is wearing the Berserker armor? I'm not sure if they just threw in an extra fight in there or if it's a preview of sorts of something that will happen soon in the manga.

It's some kind of special mode, notice how the fight is timed, with a number of enemies to kill ? We can also see him fighting without armor while he should have one.

Denial said:
I forget which # trailer, but isn't it wild that Guts pulls the whole "blow off your skull through your mouth with my arm cannon" move on Zodd? I'd really love to see what happens to Zodd if he loses a more critical body part than an arm. I doubt they allow you to chunkify Zodd like other creatures though.

Yeah, you probably won't be able to cut him that much, it's interesting to see that Guts can blow the arm cannon in his face both in human and apostle form. I have a feeling that fight is gonna be cool 8).

ELEKTROFUNK said:
anybody knows whats the difference between the normal version and the deluxe version for the game?

There's no sure info yet, but it'll comport at least a figure and a kind of DS keychain. Considering the price difference, I'd say there will be more.

ELEKTROFUNK said:

There are threads about it in the Berserk Merchandise section (try the "Never use Yesasia" one :p).

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent

I'm hoping for a movie box, where you can just watch the videos from the game after you unlock it. Like the Dreamcast had.

YAY!! Only eight more days, then a couple weeks to ship.

It looks like it goes pretty far into the manga, from the trailers ive seen. I hope theres some surprises mixed in there. I dont think it will come to the US for sometime, so i might have to import it, yet i dont know if thats very smart, becuase i cant understand japanese.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Berserk Ayato said:
It looks like it goes pretty far into the manga, from the trailers ive seen. I hope theres some surprises mixed in there. I dont think it will come to the US for sometime, so i might have to import it, yet i dont know if thats very smart, becuase i cant understand japanese.

I think we can get a translation from gamefaqs who knows maybe one of sk's wonderful translators would be soooooooooooo nice to translate the script for the game. Anyhow the game looks mostly like hack & slash fest which means it will be fun wether you know japanse or not.

ELEKTROFUNK said:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3616.0

Sounds like the different box cover, keychain and figure are most likely the only things different in the branded box. Japanese people who pre-ordered early enough got a second figure, too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Sven Viking, you're replying to the creator of the thread you link in your post (again ::)).

As for the Branded Box, do you have some new information about it ? Because I can't say for sure, and you could be right, but I doubt a slightly modified figure that usually goes for $10 and a DS keychain are a good enough reason to sell it $40 more than the regular version...

If it's the case, it'll suck quite much.

EDIT: The Brand got bloody on Sammy's official site, so there'll be news about the game soon. It seems that it's just the summary of what happened at the TGS 2004, with a few pictures. No Branded Box info.

Aazealh said:
Sven Viking, you're replying to the creator of the thread you link in your post (again ::)).

Gah, right you are. My connection's been running slow lately... got to remember to wait for the avatars to load so it's easier to remember who said what :). Or just look before I link.

Don't have any reliable information on the branded box, it's just what someone told me (that you were mainly paying for the "limited edition" box). He might have been guessing, for all I know... I just wonder why they haven't given any details on the contents, if much else is included. It's only a week 'til the release, now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Sven Viking said:
I just wonder why they haven't given any details on the contents, if much else is included. it's only a week 'til the release, now.

Same here, but again, considering the price it'd be a total rip-off if it only consisted of a figure and a keychain. And the figure people could get by pre-ordering was also available for the standard version of the game...

Let's just hope Sammy didn't get cheap on that one.

Aazealh said:
the figure people could get by pre-ordering was also available for the standard version of the game

Wow, didn't know that.

If there /is/ more in the box, it's not very good marketing :/. I'd be tempted to order it if I knew... as it is, I'll probably have the game before I even find out.

It's some kind of special mode, notice how the fight is timed, with a number of enemies to kill ? We can also see him fighting without armor while he should have one.

Yeah it's pretty cool that it has a timed mode where it's possible to use the Berserk armor. What I'm hoping that it will have also a boss mode where you get to fight the bosses of the game. 8)

It looks fine and all, but nothing to make me feel like rushing to change my pre-order...

Hmm, the Gatts figure is pictured on the back of the box, and behind that there's a near-transparent Dragonslayer. Anyone have any idea of whether that's the Dragonslayer keychain, or a background drawing? I can't see it too clearly. (If it /is/ supposed to be the keychain, the fact that nothing else is pictured would seem to suggest nothing else is included. It could easily be just a background image, though).

If anyone here can read Japanese well enough, maybe they could make out what it says on the box?

Any idea of how who got the shots, by the way? A promotional box, or some retailers are receiving it already, or something?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sven Viking said:
Hmm, the Gatts figure is pictured on the back of the box, and behind that there's a near-transparent Dragonslayer. Anyone have any idea of whether that's the Dragonslayer keychain, or a background drawing?

It's not the keychain, just a picture, you can see the part of Guts' arm that hold the DS.

Sven Viking said:
If anyone here can read Japanese well enough, maybe they could make out what it says on the box?

It's a bit small and blurry for people to read it imho, and it's probably nothing new.

Sven Viking said:
Any idea of how who got the shots, by the way? A promotional box, or some retailers are receiving it already, or something?

It's from some retailer I think, I've got other shots of it from a different source. Notice the dust on it too.

It's a bit small and blurry for people to read it imho, and it's probably nothing new.
It's just that it looks to me as if they list the contents on the back, in a box directly above the screenshots. Probably too blurry, though, yup :/.

Top Bottom