BEST ANIME SOUNDTRACK

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Tie between Escaflowne and Berserk. Berserk has a very powerful soundtrack, but woefully short. Meanwhile, Escaflowne has tons of songs, some of which are somewhat mediocre, most of which are great and a few of which blow everything else I've heard clean out of the water. The Ghibli soundtracks are fantastic too.

I like Cowboy Bebop too, because of the mood it sets, but I wouldn't listen to it on CD.

So, yeah, Kanno, Hirasawa and Hisaishi.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Anything by Yoko Kanno... Jesus Christ, is there any genre of music she can't do?

Anyhow, Cowboy Bebop has a great soundtrack and Macross Plus is pretty good as well ("Voices" is a pretty lovely song).

[EDIT] = I don't know why but Jin-Roh's soundtrack is starting to grow on me... (another Yoko Kanno thingee I think... her alias is Gabrielle Robin, non?).

P

psymont

escaflowne had great music .... the movie also had some great songs .... berserk yes .... kenshin ya .... akira(while not being my cup of tea) had good music for the scenes, but its not music to listen to without the film .... ninja scroll(i just love the ting ting ting ting hwaaaaaaaooooo - kabuki type songs) ....

mgs music rocks! on substance they have a punk verse of the theme....nice

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Dragon Slayer said:
yeah I like Kenshin and Berserk a lot... for some strange reason I like akira's soundtrack too.

same here. I listen to all three at work here ;D my coworkers start looking at me weird when Akira-Illusion or Akira-Doll's Polyphony comes on.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Darok [Shattered Will] said:
same here. I listen to all three at work here ;D my coworkers start looking at me weird when Akira-Illusion or Akira-Doll's Polyphony comes on.

Cool, I just need to find a place that sells those things that isn't online which shouldn't be hard if i'd only get off my ass. The flea market (don't laugh) has a lot of anime stuff and soundtracks so i'm bound to pick them up maybe even media play will have them (I doubt it.)

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Dragon Slayer said:
Cool, I just need to find a place that sells those things that isn't online which shouldn't be hard if i'd only get off my ass. The flea market (don't laugh) has a lot of anime stuff and soundtracks so i'm bound to pick them up maybe even media play will have them (I doubt it.)
wow... where are you that a flea market would have that stuff?

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Darok [Shattered Will] said:
wow... where are you that a flea market would have that stuff?

Well it ain't really a flea market. It's Gibraltar Trade Center. This one guy has a huge booth with all anime stuff. Toys, movies, dvds, soundtracks,videogames (in Japanese) etc.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Dragon Slayer said:
Well it ain't really a flea market. It's Gibraltar Trade Center. This one guy has a huge booth with all anime stuff. Toys, movies, dvds, soundtracks,videogames (in Japanese) etc.

Wow, now I feel deprived (once again). All I ever find in flea markets are broken happy meal toys and the occasional overpriced Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh card. ::)

The only soundtrack I've actually bought in a store so far (Hastings) was the Princess Mononoke soundtrack. Good stuff!

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Man, I wish I was back in Hong Kong again... I could have bought Anime Music CDs by the truckloads at a damn cheap price. Of course, those CDs aren't (cough, cough) totally legit if ya know what I mean. ;D

I guess I'll have to wait until I travel to Toronto later this summer and drop by Pacific Mall (uber Chinese mall) and buy my Anime CDs there.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Saint Seiya is pure gold.It's a myth!!
Definitely start with the tv series before you get into the ovas...

Top Bottom