Bush Wins!

Psymont 2.0 said:
a vast majority of the troops support bush and voted to have him re-elected...

Maybe this is qhy we have thousand of deserters that exiled themselves here in Canada because they are facing death penalty. DEATH PENALTY for fuck sake ! Just because they don't agree with the invasion of Irak. We are in 2004 dammit !Leberty of expression ? Is it a myth ? Liberty in the US ? A myth ?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Shurikn said:
Maybe this is qhy we have thousand of deserters that exiled themselves here in Canada because they are facing death penalty. DEATH PENALTY for fuck sake ! Just because they don't agree with the invasion of Irak. We are in 2004 dammit !Leberty of expression ? Is it a myth ? Liberty in the US ? A myth ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22671-2004Oct10.html the number that article gives isn't very close to thousands.

Edit: Griff said it better then I could have.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Shurikn said:

Desertion carries a death penalty only when committed during wartime, and the last U.S. soldier to be executed for desertion was in World War II. And a group of deserters doesn't change the fact that a majority of the armed forces support Bush. I don't understand why (or sympathize with) anyone that would join the army if they aren't prepared to follow orders, especially in war time; that's how it works, how it has to work.

Anyway, I sure wouldn't call living in Canada "exile", sounds like a better life to me. =)

"Griffith No More!" said:
I don't understand why (or sympathize with) anyone that would join the army if they aren't prepared to follow orders, especially in war time;

Find a job and support their family? Remember mercenary army and patriot army two different things, humans still the same

that's how it works, how it has to work.

If the rules were fair and square for everybody I would agree with that

Griffith

xechnao said:
Find a job and support their family? Remember mercenary army and patriot army two different things, humans still the same

If the rules were fair and square for everybody I would agree with that

Do those statements have to do with signing a contract to be in the U.S. Army, or are you so bored you're just typing random responses to posts now? This is random even for you. And what's with the caveman lingo?

"Humans still the same."

-Og, Philospher King.

signing a contract to be in the U.S. Army, or are you so board you're just typing random responses to posts now? This is random even for you. And what's with the caveman lingo?

"Humans still the same."

-Og, Philospher King.

Yes, I made a point...ignore it, attack it but it is still valid

Do those statements have to do with signing a contract to be in the U.S. Army

I said
"Find a job and support their family"
(it's the majority of the cases )
This, to go on and speak about the desertion, which was the argument of the discussion

Griffith

xechnao said:
Yes, I made a point...ignore it, attack it but it is still valid

Is that so? Wel,l I wrote the Declaration of Independence AND the Constitution of the United States!

(it's true because I said it is!)

Good points huh? Just like yours.

Oh, and I guess those poor guys should read what's in the job desription before signing the contract. You know, it's not fair that they have to live up to the standards they said they would if they just want the money anyway. I forgot, people should all have money for nothing and be happy! That's fair.

Suck my dick anytime.

Is that so? Wel,l I wrote the Declaration of Independence AND the Constitution of the United States!

(it's true because I said it is!)

Good points huh? Just like yours.

Oh, and I guess those poor guys should read what's in the job desription before signing the contract. You know, it's not fair that they have to live up to the standards they said they would if they just want the money anyway. I forgot, people should all have money for nothing and be happy! That's fair.

Suck my dick anytime.

What's your problem?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22671-2004Oct10.html the number that article gives isn't very close to thousands.

Anyway, "San Francisco Chronicle" and New Zealand agency of imigration speak of an explosion of US citizens on imigrating away (to Australia, Canada, New Zealand) after Bush got re-elected

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
xechnao said:
Anyway, "San Francisco Chronicle" and New Zealand agency of imigration speak of an explosion of US citizens on imigrating away (to Australia, Canada, New Zealand) after Bush got re-elected

Really? Because I thought we were talking about people deserting the military not people blowing hot air in Australia [no offense Sam].

GreatDoobieMan

I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
i dont know but being american for most of you must meen something else because i would never leave this country just because i dont like the leader at the time i would just wait for the next election to role around to vote him out of office people who leave the country just because of a president were never americans in the frist place. i would understand if the president had troops come to your house and steal your car and house i would understand but what the president does realy doesnt effect everyone enough to make u want to leave the country. just do what i do when theres a president in office that i dont like. just ignore him and dont support him in anyway.

M

medievald00d

GreatDoobieMan said:
i dont know but being american for most of you must meen something else because i would never leave this country just because i dont like the leader at the time i would just wait for the next election to role around to vote him out of office people who leave the country just because of a president were never americans in the frist place. i would understand if the president had troops come to your house and steal your car and house i would understand but what the president does realy doesnt effect everyone enough to make u want to leave the country. just do what i do when theres a president in office that i dont like. just ignore him and dont support him in anyway.
Being American means that you dissent against the government when you feel it is doing injustice to you. Being American means questioning the government when you think it is wrong. America was built upon dissention and conflict, and it continues today. Being American does not mean you blindly follow your leader.

And yea, If you join the military, then tough. If you get drafted, well then i dont think it would be that bad if you wanted to run the border.

Oh, one more thing. I found this online, and i just want to know what you guys think about it.
http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Yeah maybe it's not close.. I didn't search for more info.. I inly watched an interview with a soldier "exiled" in Canada about 3 weeks before the elections.

You are right Griff about the thing that we people hire themselves in the army, they should be ready to follow orders.. but if the order isnt right.. they can contest them.

I guest we have the same point of view anyways..

Griffith

pheonixfenix said:
Being American means that you dissent against the government when you feel it is doing injustice to you. Being American means questioning the government when you think it is wrong. America was built upon dissention and conflict, and it continues today. Being American does not mean you blindly follow your leader.

He didn't say to blindly follow, just that it's silly to get so worked up over who's currently President that you flee the country or demand a revolution or some crazy shit like that. That WOULD be the correct course of action (according to the founding fathers) under certain circumstances, but Bush simply being in office doesn't turn quality of life in the country to total shit, despite how much everyone loves to moan and bitch about him.

Anyway, you're both right, and I don't think your statements even disagree (he said himself he doesn't support a President he doesn't like).

Anyway, my view is it's best to try and work with what you have and cooperate the best that can be done so everyone can get the best deal possible, under the circumstances. As a friend of mine, one who's very political and very much a Democrat, said, "I don't mind losing like this, this is something we can work with." Remember last time? People still haven't gotten over that election, it was partisan strife from the get go. Hopefully Bush winning the way he did will create an environment both sides can work together under, like it or not; the people have spoken.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Q

pheonixfenix said:
Oh, one more thing. I found this online, and i just want to know what you guys think about it.
http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm

Those are only good to boast about saying "I have an IQ of 150 and I can do a rubix cube under three minutes with my penis." Sure he can do that, doesn't mean he would know anything about fixing a car or how to do tax returns, but someone with a low IQ would. You see my point? Generalizing anyone that voted for so and so because they have a lower IQ is just stupid. Some people with HIGH IQ’s voted for him. Also, some people with low IQ's also voted for Kerry.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Gee, I wonder if this election will force the Dems to finally grow a pair.

I'm not a fan of Bush, or most Republicans, but ever since 2000 the Democrats have been acting like whiny little bitches, and this is coming from some one who agrees with them on most issues.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Woland said:
Gee, I wonder if this election will force the Dems to finally grow a pair.

I'm not a fan of Bush, or most Republicans, but ever since 2000 the Democrats have been acting like  whiny little bitches, and this is coming from some one who agrees with them on most issues.

No, the problem is the only people that represent or are the most outspoken Democrats are whiny bitches. If you were to go check out some democrat forums you'll hear "OMG BUSh stole the Election!" Honestly I have. [They are talking about this election]

M

medievald00d

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
No, the problem is the only people that represent or are the most outspoken Democrats are whiny bitches. If you were to go check out some democrat forums you'll hear "OMG BUSh stole the Election!" Honestly I have. [They are talking about this election]
True. I kinda feel that he stole the first election, but he completely won this time. By a small margin.

pheonixfenix said:
True. I kinda feel that he stole the first election, but he completely won this time. By a small margin.
Not Really, Al Gore Said Alot Of Stuff, That didnt Matter, Bush Was the way to go

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Holy shit. Five pages arguing over a spending-crazed, war-mongering conservative who won the election over a spending-crazed, war-mongering liberal.  Might as well join into the fray.

I'm not a fan of Bush, or most Republicans, but ever since 2000 the Democrats have been acting like  whiny little bitches, and this is coming from some one who agrees with them on most issues.

The Dems pussied out big time.  It was obvious that Howard Dean was their man of choice, yet the majority of Democratic voters copped out and elected John Kerry because he was supposedly more "electable".  Bush supporters can at least say that they are voting out of conviction. Can Kerry supporters say the same? When you don't believe in your own candidate, how can you expect the rest of the country to follow suit?

No, the problem is the only people that represent or are the most outspoken Democrats are whiny bitches. If you were to go check out some democrat forums you'll hear "OMG BUSh stole the Election!" Honestly I have. [They are talking about this election

I equally despise both parties, but the whiny droning/bitching of the most pussy Dems is a little less offensive than the homoerotic, masturbatory self-congratulation and war-mongering going on among the more partisan Republican posters in political forums.  Maybe it's because the Dems are too insecure to become "true" believers of their own candidate, but it's frightening how some right-wingers are unwavering zealots of GWB.  The rhetoric spewed out by Freerepublic.com and newsmax.com is more insane than the equally partisan crap spewed out by democraticunderground.com or moveon.org.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Bush wins. I dont like him. End of story.

This time I would have to say he won fair though... or did he? There was a rumor I heard that in one machine in ohio (yes the one that was being fought for all night) has a problem (pshhh...) that it kept multiplying bushes votes by 10. And another machine in the same building counted some Kerry votes as Bush's votes. Of course these are only rumors, im not trying to imply anything... ::)

Griffith

*pee*

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2479

Feel familiar? This is every "political" kid I go to school with. They're rich and get everything they want; this puts them in a position to TRULY understand politics, the plight of the poor or "less fortunate", and the need for revolution.

Cause the re-election of Bush really fucks up their life. ::)

Top Bottom