Calling all TES4:Oblivion players: Dragonslayer mod

darkbane said:
Let me get this straight, coz I wasn't paying much attention since the release of TES4 (it being too expensive right now)... They make you pay for extra content? Like, for example, you'd have to pay for the Adamantium Helm if it was Morrowind?

Yeah, basically.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
yeah, its just a cheap way to get some more cash.. Really the only ones who should be bothered by it much are the '360 owners, since that is the only way for them to get mods/expansions (by paying for them). PC users can pay for them, but why bother when there are plenty more modders out there doing the same thing for free. :guts:

IMO It's more of a microsoft issue.

With the marketplace microsoft is really really pushing developers of any game to have content to put up on the marketplace and such.

Gluestick

Oh yes Evil Tree.
It seems to be the new thing now. Especially with Steam with the Garry's Mod thing for purchase instead of download now.

D

darkbane

That's still kinda sick.

Well, I suppose NWN Premium Modules isn't much different from that, especially when they take something already available for free (Witch's Wake), polish it a bit and charge money for it. And that only came recently also, so I guess it's the New Big Thing(tm) like Gluestick said.

Stiler, would you elaborate? I don't see (yet) how Microsoft plays into this.

darkbane said:
Stiler, would you elaborate? I don't see (yet) how Microsoft plays into this.

Because oblivion is a 360 title aswell.

Microsoft basically making developers that have their games on the 360 have some kind of content on the xbox Marketplace.

Can anyone else not get this to work?

I downloaded it, then unrared the files into my oblivion/data folder. (renamed the dragonslayer2 folder in the meshes folder to just dragonslayer).

Then I load up oblivion, select one of the three types, go to the imperial market district and it's simply not there.

D

darkbane

Just a guess based on my experience with the prequel: If it's supposed to be in an interior area (or exterior, depends on how they made the maps for oblivion - I don't know) and you are playing a localized version of the game, then it wouldn't show up due to the cell name being localized also. You could also try placing it yourself in the editor, or using the console (surely there is one? ^_^)

Of course, if the cell system has been revamped completely, then everything I just wrote might be complete trash, too.

He messed up repacking it, he updated it to fix it today.

Stiler said:
Can anyone else not get this to work?

I downloaded it, then unrared the files into my oblivion/data folder. (renamed the dragonslayer2 folder in the meshes folder to just dragonslayer).

Then I load up oblivion, select one of the three types, go to the imperial market district and it's simply not there.

Top Bottom