Carcus

G

Genn21

Re:Comments on Corkus

Lady Griffith said:
No one cared when Corkus died because the rest of them were dying too. It's kind of hard to give a shit when your own life is about to end in a bloody mess.

LG

he wasnt a major player that became pretty apparent , when more focus was put on lowly pipen's death in the anime then corkus biting the bullet and going BOOM ! I really dont have that much to say about a normal human who falls short of realising griffiths dream dwarfs his own life and dies like a ant under the queen lonly and forgotten (people are supposed to realise this) .

i felt for pippen , gaston and judeu, but corkus hes a character thats supposed to be hated. He was never cool ( or had a high self esteem as you put it ) just trying to rectify his situation by comeing aorund the corner and barking at gutts his obvious better that lowerd his humanity evan more when he joined the hawks to put poor old corkus to shame.

corky was nothing short of a background character being a normal human jealous of gutts. just like one of those guys you see at the campfire smiling and drinking bear or a nameless somebody that fights and dies in the wars under griffisu. But miurra gave him a name and face and made him a good representation of the normal people in the hawks. One exception that is his only stong point ( or when he came out of hibernation or being not drawn :p )was pestering gutts talking behind his back and constanly subconsciously getting owned by him. How can you not realise thi.s hes there for a averages persons concept in gutsus mighty presance and how they deal with it pretty simple.

btw char stop replying to you own posts just use the edit button and make a second line

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!

But what's wrong with being a "normal human?" Corkus's "normal human-ness" is one of the reasons most of us who like him, like him.

G

Genn21

TheSkyTraveller said:
But what's wrong with being a "normal human?" Corkus's "normal human-ness" is one of the reasons most of us who like him, like him.

well gosh gee golly me i didnt think im the only one who reads berserk because its a good FANTASY

Homosapiens are the only type of creature who crave to be what they ultimatly imagine ; in other words what they fantasize about. Berserk reflects this for most of us , and creates a good story and a lifestyle of what we want to be and desire. in this case most normal people (the specs of dust if i will), are looked down upon being those without fate moveing them ahaead in the world. the fates chosen are scene as the average or main characters who move on ahead. we are enthralled to like them ( the main chars )by miurras writeing style what more can i say ^^;;. and to feel sorry and pity the average normal humans (like us) which kinds of feeds off our emotions creating a empathy for a story within us. that empathy or false feeling of it for fake characters is what i call genius from miurra the mans incredible giveing us feelings for beings that dont actully exist

TheSkyTraveller

Genn21 said:
well gosh gee golly me i didnt think im the only one who reads berserk because its a good FANTASY

Homosapiens are the only type of creature who crave to be what they ultimatly imagine ; in other words what they fantasize about. Berserk reflects this for most of us , and creates a good story and a lifestyle of what we want to be and desire. in this case most normal people (the specs of dust if i will), are looked down upon being those without fate moveing them ahaead in the world. the fates chosen are scene as the average or main characters who move on ahead. we are enthralled to like them ( the main chars )by miurras writeing style what more can i say ^^;;. and to feel sorry and pity the average normal humans (like us) which kinds of feeds off our emotions creating a empathy for a story within us. that empathy or false feeling of it for fake characters is what i call genius from miurra the mans incredible giveing us feelings for beings that dont actully exist

Well, duh, I think we all know that comics are basically escapism! I just don't think that because I like Berserk I HAVE to like only the badass characters who always aspire to and/or achieve greatness. Plus, I never said Corkus was my favorite character EVAR but I do like him a lot, and I don't think that it's a requirement for a character to be a main character or a total badass in order to be a good character. You already hit the nail on the head; Miura is an excellent writer, and that IS why we feel empathy for the minor characters, who, while they may be unable to change the fabric of the story or universe they reside in, provide us with the realism and humanity that a fantasy story needs.

G

Genn21

:D , Hey the books writen that way. Anymore about him and i would piss on his grave err.. lake ( was that a pool ? ) .

Swimings fun in the sun , as long as your not in the eclipse :eek:

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

TheSkyTraveller said:

Exactly. If we had to 'compare' all the other characters tp Guts' 'mighty greatness' then they'd all be kind of puny. Some people can't handle bluntness. They want a character who does nothing but sweet talk their way through or never curse or never have bad emotions or be negative, blah blah.

LG

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser

Corkus was a hater plain and simple and he shows some of the worse characteristics of the human race. He wasn't shit and then he wants to hate on Guts cause he wants to be shit. That shows how badass Griffith must have been for Corkus to follow him. Anyway, he's especially a moron because he brought most his pain upon himself in true hater fashion. His hate for Guts wouldn't allow him to believe the Hawks downfall was his fault, not his concern. Corkus is a hater and me being the pimptyte individual that I am I gotta shake them haters off but I understand how bunch of y'all could relate to him especially you green-eyed women folk. ;D

SexyCharlotte

All_4_Yume said:
Corkus was a hater plain and simple and he shows some of the worse characteristics of the human race. He wasn't shit and then he wants to hate on Guts cause he wants to be shit. That shows how badass Griffith must have been for Corkus to follow him. Anyway, he's especially a moron because he brought most his pain upon himself in true hater fashion. His hate for Guts wouldn't allow him to believe the Hawks downfall was his fault, not his concern. Corkus is a hater and me being the pimptyte individual that I am I gotta shake them haters off but I understand how bunch of y'all could relate to him especially you green-eyed women folk. ;D

And being a pimp-type you say you have to shake off haters? Your definition of pimp differs from mine then. At least Corkus makes it a point to be honest. You don't, if you think being a pimp-type makes you a 'lover.' Puh leeze. And I don't have green eyes. My eyes are brown.

LG

incognitoX

you fail me

Yeah Corkus was a pretty cool character. He didn't have a problem with telling anyone what for. I definitley feel that he was so loyal because Griffith seemed to be a living embodiment of a person who could possibly make his dreams come true and when people are weak they latch on to others for strength (Griffiths strength and his appearance of being able to make his dreams come true must have completely taken ahold of him, and being beaten by him and seeing him in action must have completely devoted his loyalty)

As mentioned earlier, it seemed he was very pessimisstic when it came to his own dreams so hearing about Guts and his dreams made him think about his own, depressing him thus trying to make Guts feel like a fool for even bothering. It's no different from someone telling you to not bother taking a risk because you're just going to fail.

One of my favorite things about him was that he was always wise cracking. The best scene ever in my opinion with him is when he says Caska is tougher then his mom and she gets all pissy.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

All_4_Yume said:
Corkus is a hater and me being the pimptyte individual that I am I gotta shake them haters off but I understand how bunch of y'all could relate to him especially you green-eyed women folk. ;D

Man do you suck. You are the black hole of humanity. You've reached a transcendental state of suck-ness. I am in awe of your puckered suckitude.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser

Lady Griffith said:
And being a pimp-type you say you have to shake off haters?

The hater is the natural enemy of the playa/pimptyte individual so of course they don't wanna associate with each other. Just like Guts=pimp and Corkus=hater.

Your definition of pimp differs from mine then. At least Corkus makes it a point to be honest.

And honesty is the end all be all trait to have? That still doesn't excuse his hating ways and mentality.

You don't, if you think being a pimp-type makes you a 'lover.' Puh leeze.

No pimptyte makes me into pre-Guts Griffith. A cool, observant individual who rises above all the hate and get what he wants. Or better yet a person like Guts.

And I don't have green eyes. My eyes are brown.

LG

Heh, you might not be a jealous girl but there ton of others out there (and unfortunately men too) and y'all are the kings of jealousy.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!

All_4_Yume said:
The hater is the natural enemy of the playa/pimptyte individual so of course they don't wanna associate with each other. Just like Guts=pimp and Corkus=hater.

This is quite honestly the stupidest statement I have ever seen in my life.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser

typhonblue said:
Man do you suck. You are the black hole of humanity. You've reached a transcendental state of suck-ness. I am in awe of your puckered suckitude.

Do you think I'm a bad person? Why? Cuz I'm tellin' it like it is like post-Eclipse Guts would?

TheSkyTraveller

All_4_Yume said:
Heh, you might not be a jealous girl but there ton of others out there (and unfortunately men too) and y'all are the kings of jealousy.

Women are the "kings of jealousy?" Wonderful. Excuse me if I don't agree with your moronic, sexist statements.

G

Genn21

:D , wtf man i thought you would help me mr pimpete , but in a bad sence youve set the dial on this topic to ASS. ( sky you did become a mighty fine opponent for providing good reasons in a otherwise futile feild of why corkus blows . thx :) )

typhonblue

All_4_Yume said:
Do you think I'm a bad person? Why? Cuz I'm tellin' it like it is like post-Eclipse Guts would?

I'm just telling it like it is. But since you're in a state of suckness, I'll explain. Guts' bluntness is a manifestation of tough love and perceptiveness; your bluntness is a manifestation of omega-male suckitude. Yip yip.

Besides Guts is more of a ho then a pimp.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

have we taken this far enough? or are we gonna have to continue to devolve this topic a la Super Mario Brothers?

typhonblue

Glen21, you rock.

Tenshi, you're absolutely right.

All_4, you still suck.

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser

Makkuro said:
This is quite honestly the stupidest statement I have ever seen in my life.

Oh really? And you would want to associate will people who will hate you for just trying to get ahead in life? You want to associate with people who hate you for being different? Now understand that you've never anything to wrong these said persons and they still hate you. You still want to associate with folks like that?

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser

TheSkyTraveller said:
Women are the "kings of jealousy?" Wonderful. Excuse me if I don't agree with your moronic, sexist statements.

And you think men on the whole are more jealous than women? I'll admit when men hate they're more prone to do crazy shit like trying to sneak into your tent late at night and kill you but women can barely get along with each other. A lot it is men's fault because of society's rules but c'mon. Like Charles Barkley said, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it."

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!

All_4_Yume said:
Oh really? And you would want to associate will people who will hate you for just trying to get ahead in life? You want to associate with people who hate you for being different? Now understand that you've never anything to wrong these said persons and they still hate you. You still want to associate with folks like that?

What I meant was stupid, was your talk of "pimps" and "playas". Specifically, your calling Gatsu such.

TheSkyTraveller

All_4_Yume said:
And you think men on the whole are more jealous than women? I'll admit when men hate they're more prone to do crazy shit like trying to sneak into your tent late at night and kill you but women can barely get along with each other. A lot it is men's fault because of society's rules but c'mon. Like Charles Barkley said, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it."

I never said that men are more jealous than women. I'm just saying that it's stupid to make a blanket statement like that about a group of people. I also think that you're taking Corkus's actions a little too seriously and personally. He's a fictional character!

And sorry I've added another post to this topic. It has indeed turned to ass.

SexyCharlotte

All_4_Yume said:
The hater is the natural enemy of the playa/pimptyte individual so of course they don't wanna associate with each other. Just like Guts=pimp and Corkus=hater. And honesty is the end all be all trait to have? That still doesn't excuse his hating ways and mentality. No pimptyte makes me into pre-Guts Griffith. A cool, observant individual who rises above all the hate and get what he wants. Or better yet a person like Guts.

Walter, can you just close this thread? I didn't think we could apply the rules of pimpdom to Berserk. The 'expert' here has made his definition quite clear.

LG

G

Genn21

Makkur's right for a change

Makkuro said:
What I meant was stupid, was your talk of "pimps" and "playas". Specifically, your calling Gatsu such.

I never agreed with makkuro before because we have our differences hes swed... im n..., But yo Yume ,G-stack, !!! you cant be callin big gatsu a pimposter. Da tug gutsu kihals people.Deezy Hoe's & pimpa's only smack dat ass Ma homboy. You be shizzlen my grizzlen with Dis wacko language of hoe's in berserk. YOU ASS this ghetto retorict on the internet blows my sack , seriously what are you 14k ice internet gangster snuffed out on miurra's manga... ok thats it

darthvader.jpg

Top Bottom