Charlotte and Griffith's Next Moves

M

medievald00d

Miyu said:
I'd have to disagree with you on this point. I think Griffith made a credible enough threat to Foss so that he wouldn't try to double cross him again. Though he could have been the one to tell the King Griffith murdered the Queen, how would the King act towards Foss? I think Foss would be killed for letting Griffith commit such a heinous act and not tell anyone about it until Griffith was captured.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt Foss the one who actually murdered the Queen? (Granted, it was by Griffith's blackmailing). Secondly, I doubt the King would have believed Foss. The king liked Griffith until he had sex with Charlotte.

My consideration was that Foss could have influenced the King against the Hawks at the point he found out about Griffith's capture. Yes, he couldn't have said that he, Foss himself was directly involved but he could have said that he made some inspections and found out that Griffith was behind. Although this is just a consideration I don't find it impossible that he could have done this considering what he is and what he was about to do back then.

And Smith, about Serpicko and Griffith no, I can't parallel them. Griffith was dieing and sacrificed the Hawks for his own ass. Serpicko could have exposed his father and Farnese while he just sacrificed his dieing mother.

TheSkyTraveller said:
As disgusting as Wild was, vol. 11 is really entertaining and remains one of my favorites to date.

Volume 11 is one of my favorites too. A swan song for the Hawks. Lots of Pippin, Judeau, and Caska -- even Corkus gets to shine a little. Loved those quiet moments of understanding and friendship between Guts and Griffith. Guts helping Griffith into his armor was incredibly sad. And I thought Griffith's frustration at being unable to fight or lead was handled so well, even without him saying a word. Guts takes some major physical abuse in those fights, but it led to one of my favorite Guts panels ever -- the one where he gives Caska the thumbs up, bloody, grinning, and still looking kinda scary. And how about that scene with Charlotte standing by the open window at her balcony, reflecting on Griffith coming back for her -- and she sees Zodd in the sky? Considering how 235 just ended...Miura is so good. And so underrated.

Back to the topic...

If Griffith marries Charlotte, which is likely, I also think he'll do it to be seen as a legitimate king. And he's smart enough to give her the romantic illusions she wants so that she'd never know any better -- though, as LC and Bloody Needle mentioned, it'll be interesting to see how she responds to all the supernatural stuff. Charlotte has been known to show a little backbone when things get bad.

Anyway, if Charlotte represents Midland, Griffith now has Midland -- and, more importantly, Midland's really big bed.

Gotta give credit to Charlotte for sticking with a guy who's prettier than she is. Or at least has better hair. I think a Charlotte/Griffith sex scene is in order just to reassure the readers that Griffith didn't come back as a woman. ;)

(okay, I'm shallow...all these attractive characters, and they seem to have such non-existent sex drives!)

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
miurafan said:
I think a Charlotte/Griffith sex scene is in order just to reassure the readers that Griffith didn't come back as a woman. ;)
Too true. I still think Griffith is the best character, but I do worry about his gender...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Uriel said:
Too true. I still think Griffith is the best character, but I do worry about his gender...

Hahaaa especially after he got reborn again in this new body of his...skinnier and even more 'asexual' than ever. If he and Charlotte do end up in the bed again I sort of feel sorry for her. There doesn't seem to be much...uh....there.

Lauralana

That's Hot
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
Hahaaa especially after he got reborn again in this new body of his...skinnier and even more 'asexual' than ever. If he and Charlotte do end up in the bed again I sort of feel sorry for her. There doesn't seem to be much...uh....there.

well i still think grif is sexy....in that weird lesbian way.... :-\

but for real, he's not as "manly" as he was b4 (if he ever was...), but i still find him attractive :-*

There doesn't seem to be much...uh....there.

True... His little gun down there wouldnt be much of an excitment :p

But hey, if he changed into Femto... with that muscular boner... :eek:

SexyCharlotte

Bloody Needle said:
On the other hand, Charlotte discovering that Griffith came back female would be nothing short of hilarious.
They actually did show that in a doujinishi comic...it was hysterical. He comes back as a woman and Charlotte screams and screams and cries her head off. He doesn't realize what she's screaming at until he looks down, and....

All_4_Yume

Yume Chaser
Like a bunch of you I think Griffith will marry Charlotte as a trophy wife. He's diabolical like that and he wants to win the hearts of the people even though he could probably crush them all in a second. I have this crazy idea that Griffith may be on the MLK tip where he wants everybody to get along (human/monsters/whatever) and live in peace when he gets his kingdom. He's shown signs of this before with Taka No Dan and now it seems like thatx10 with his new band of soldiers. How long can he hide apostles running a train on other opposing armies without giving away the secret? This is how I think he's gonna win over Charlotte in the long term. Of course he'll look like a saint in the process especially when Guts comes a knockin'.

As for Griffith himself, I thinks he's changed too much. Probably the only good left in him is because of the body he took. He doesn't have the boy like charm anymore (he doesn't show it least) and he's just a cold as his hawk eyes. Think about when he went to see Guts after his rebirth. Can you imagine the audacity that would've took? He went to see if he still felt anything for Guts after the Eclipse. Of course he didn't, but what if he did? Did he possibly think they were gonna be buddies again? He was gonna give Guts a ton or money for suffering or something? If Griffith had any speck of remorse he wouldn't have even shown his face to Guts after what he did. That incident makes me think Griffith honestly doesn't remember (or completely remember) being Femto. Basically Griffith is Ice Cold 3000 and only weakpoint in his emotion armor is the fact he's now the son Casca/Guts. Aside from that and other than the fact his dream may not be all that in the end, Griffith's emotionally unstoppable.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
They actually did show that in a doujinishi comic...it was hysterical. He comes back as a woman and Charlotte screams and screams and cries her head off. He doesn't realize what she's screaming at until he looks down, and....

.... I don't whichever I should say: that I think it's hillarous or scary o_O....

(By Nosferatu) Griffith will impregnate Charlotte and their kid will be trained to lead Griffiths army. :eek:

Actually, I wonder if he even sees a need for having a child with her... After all, as far as we know, in terms of age an apostle is practically immortal and Griffith Reborn should be no different, so why should he feel th eneed to male her pregnant? Maybe he'll do that to calm the fears of the nobles if things keep going like that for years (after all, we don't know for how long in terms of "berserk world time" things may last, and I've been thinking that if they reach elfheim and stay there for a while.. Well, it has occured to me that time may be different in Elfheim..), but I very much doubt that.. As a living saint/god/whatever, why should anyone, least of all himself, fear for his age? In short, I don't think he has need for any sons...

Bloody Needle

I'm a llama!
If they have a kid, i bet it looks a lot like Void.

I wonder if Griffith will stop with Midland? Will he move on to, let's say, the Kushan territories? The world?

Which leads me to the larger question of what does it really mean for him to be a king? Why does he want it still? Is this going to end up like the Monkey's Paw, where the person making the wish get exactly what they ask for, only to discover it's not what they wanted?

Dark Wanderer said:
After all, as far as we know, in terms of age an apostle is practically immortal and Griffith Reborn should be no different,

This raise another question... Does people in midland realized that Griffith is not human?

Smith said:
Does people in midland realized that Griffith is not human?

If they don't, it shouldn't take them long. It's not like he's making any attempt to disguise what he is or what kind of soldiers make up his army.

Mule and all those people living alfresco with Griffith's new band might have a few tales to tell about him communing with spirits of the dead and other oddities.

Duh,
of course people realize Griffith is something special. He is the hawk of light, remember?
The question is when or if they are gonna find out that he is the hawk of darkness too.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Smith said:
This raise another question... Does people in midland realized that Griffith is not human?

That is very likely, yes.. and if not, the tales of the hawk have already made him practically immortal; both new and old tales, from the ones in the holy books (or wherever those stories about the Coming of the Hawk is from), to the more recent ones, like the fact that Griffith scaped a few hundreds of arrows without a scratch or summoned those spirits of dead people... I wouldn't be surpised if most of those who follows Griffith already believe that he is immortal anyway...

Bloody Needle

I'm a llama!
Everyone wants to believe in Griffith--the undifferentiated masses of Midland, the knights and nobles, the clergy, Charlotte, even the Apostles. (Except Gatts and his gang). He is the answer to all of their variegated wishes. And given the Tower of Rebirth Arc, I mean that in a fairly literal sense.

Griffith's reputation amongst common folk was high before the Eclipse, and his disappearance in some ways have added a supernatural tinge to his story. A heroic mystique, you might say. Furthermore, his return, in true John Wayne form, is timely to the point of divine. He's liberating Midland from the Kushan tyranny. All of this, combined with the underlying mythos of the Hawk of the Light, has put Griffith on a pedestal. Right now no one doubts that he's a savior with nought but the best intentions. Likewise the supernatural nature of both himself and his army isn't seen as a detractor or cause for doubt, but further evidence of his beneficent superiority.

To Joe Average in Midland, the events we've seen Berserk probably feel like the end of the world: all of the things that allow your average peasant, craftsman, merchant, or petty nobleman to measure the stability of their world are falling apart. The king is first mad, then dead; war and atrocity are everywhere; plague and hunger follow; cultists and the inquisitors that hunt them represent a double-edged evil. Now--if your religion tells you that order on earth is predicated on order in heaven, then wouldn't it seem like the catastrophe was just as much divine as terrestial?

Enter Griffith: Shiny, man-pretty, and wearing lots of white to demonstrate his anvilliscious good-guy-ness. More importantly, he's got an army that smashes through the Kushan like a windshield through a fly. So when this guy that just saved the nation shows supernatural powers, would Joe Average be predisposed to assess those powers as good or evil in origin? So when his army is full of creepy supernatural things that obey his every command, does that mean that (a) Griffith is so cool he has the bad guys helping him do the good work or (b) Griffith is secretly eevil, but decided to save Midland as a tax deductable.

SexyCharlotte

Uriel said:

Especially after his rebirth...he looks even more feminine than before. Look at that hair! Enough to make Louis XIV want Griffith's scalp for a wig.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
For griffith looking like hes more in touch with his feminum side then ever, maybe that was the idea's plan or his plan when he received a new body? The ability to pregnate but still give birth?

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."
I think there may be an explanation:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=godhands.jpg&category=Buildings&date=2003-05-21

Now I'm having visions of Void doing perms and Slann giving Griffith make-up tips...

LMFAO!!! That was funny!!

Top Bottom