cliques

mangykid-cinnaman

Why?? why?? why the slaughter of ewoks?!?! noooooo
Well guys, i have noticed some strange things in school.y'know about 10 years back when all the cliques were well organized and strict? well, it's becoming a mockery to the name of the slackers such as I, all the cliques merging into each other. let's list them, shall we?

1.Slacker - me, someone who doesn't go for style or looks, just wants to live.
2.Goth - morons who listen to marylon manson and lick goat skulls and contradict their "life is pointless" idea by spending six hours a day putting on white makeup.
3.skateboarder - similar to slacker but cares about wearing good clothes that say skatebord crap on them, have stupid hair and skateboards.
4.wigger- don't exactly like this term, but "eminem" should sum it up.
5.preppy- idiots who care too much about school to have any kind of outside life.
6.nerd- also known as dork and geek, they enjoy their diablo 2 dungeons and dragons lives.
7.jock- sports,sports,sports,sports,sports,weights, muscles.
8.rocker- old fashion rock and roll. cool.
Now I've been noticing that these are crossing into each other. there's preppy-boarders, wigger-boarders, preppy-nerds, nerd-slackers, slacker-boarders, rocker-jocks, jock-preppies, goth-rocker, and nerd-rockers. and more every day. now when people wear nikes, school color socks, silver chain necklaces, and a DCshoes shirt (just happened wednesday) I'm concerned. please post about your experiences with this odd phenomena.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
that's because america has no true fashions anymore, so you have to combine what you have.
and I will make my appearance only in a few years, so until then just cope with what you got.
Once I appear, you will be aware of the Lord' greatest miracle,

me

so then, you can imitate

me

I hope this letter gives you hope and strenght to endure this wasteland of styles until my arrival.

R

rapedcasca2

mangycinnamonkid...is that image of you? if so.....initially i thought to myself....NOW THERE is a "geek" who definetly plays half-life, hosts LANS to celebrate new half-life mods, excels in mathematics/computers, and likes seeing pictures of japanese schoolgirls pooping on each other.......BUT....perceiving is deceiving (if you're name is Hume)...and butts fly outta my ass.....in direct response to your question/post- yes, i too have noticed the horrible trend blending.....the worst ive seen so far are "goth/jocks"...ewww....i actually know a few "goth/geeks" too.....AND GODDAMN do i HATE marilyn manson...ewww...that dirty lizard-skinned bathylcopian...He stole G.G. Allin's skit and made himself a million bucks off it(totally unoriginal)...on top of that the bastard advocates the philosophies of Nietzsche like their Jehovah....come on, Nietzsche has some interesting ideas but most people read him "for fun"....these goth people think their smart because they can read the "antichrist" and understand two words- "the" and "pizza"....oooooh and if that wasn't enough...now we've got all kinds of goth people mutilating existentialism...putting the artsy "twist"on it....I WILL EAT ALL OF YOU!!!

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I agree! Agh! There is nothing more horrible than having your favourite culture taken over by the very same people that you loathe... Has happened to me twice... >:(

I just hate the fact that many people confuse Goths with Death Metallers... Marily Manson is such a twat.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
it's funny that popular culture can exist conceptually without your personal existence (even tho some money grubbing bastard prolly made it up) , but once you've adapt to one, it becomes "yours"

just like sports teams, countries, religions and whatnot :)

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Yes, those people who thinks every not giddy person on earth are goths that don't dress in black, or those people who thinks they are goth just because they dress in the color black: just fuckin look up the word Goth and reconsider damnit!

And I fuckin mean it. >:(

Fishbomb

and what is wrong with being a goth? why do people even bother to identify themselves with a concept? hmm...berserk....yummy

;D Brilliance, pure brilliance *laughs*

Ahem, seriously... *ponders* I'm 29 years old, in my time I've been what other people would have reffered to a punk, a greenpeace activist, a 'satanist', and now a metalhead...

None of these times I myself thought I had an identity in one of those groups, mainly because I am one misantropic bastard who has a hard time finding common ground with most people. I have never been a member of any sort of organisation, and this is the first 'fan based' following I have even contemplated haning out with ;).

But the thing that ticks me off is that I look a certain way, I listen to certain kinds of music, and as long as that is still 'underground' and relatively unknown people don't know what the hell I am and treat me as an individual. Which is nice, and what I like. When something becomes real popular, Like Paradise Lost, Cradle of Filth, Marilyn Mansion, Slipknot and so on... then people have heard about it, knows all about 'Goths', 'Satanists', Metalheads and so on, they have even seen the music videos on TV for fucks sake!!! So of course they will think I am one of them, and every wannabe and his drunk brother wants to chat with me at the pub, telling me how they have a Marilyn Mansion record and think he's soo cool. Not to mention ask how I can be a satanist, and if hating everyone isn't very tiring, and if I really hated people and wanted them to die I why did I not kill them right there this minute? GAH!!! Let me out of there! People are nuts and I don't want to deal with them! I want obscurity damnit!

In conclusion, that's why I don't go out very often :)

Probably not making much sense, but I just woke up and needed to vent.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I'm Goth.

A really neat one. I'm Otaku Goth.
I'm Otaku Christian Sporty Cyber Goth.

I'm Gooth as Fuck!

but still, I have to work every day...

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I am living a little more than half of what Fishbomb is living through.

The other half, I am living up to, "you're crazy! How'd you paint that?" or "wow your drawing's so good! You'd end up famous" bullshit. And "the bloodgoddess" theory, of course...since that grade 11 painting and the whole addiction to symbolism of red I overly use......Staying home is the best. ;D

Fishbomb

*grins* Believe it or not, my working hours is spent as a 'food safety inspector' (can't translate it, those who check that restaurants are nice and clean and don't food poison their guests.) I make the rules, have a nice little ID and work for the goverment. At night I go out in my black clothes and boots and does not get let into the very same restaurants.

I do so love humanity...

Fishbomb

;D this society sure provide some interesting jobs out there

Oh yeah *grins* I've been a mapmaker for farmers, owned a table-top game design company, been an oils&fat researcher, measured trees and determined their general health and spent three years to develop chocolates, coverings and jams for the dairy/bakery/ice-cream business.

;D

Life is absurd.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Oh yeah *grins* I've been a mapmaker for farmers, owned a table-top game design company, been an oils&fat researcher, measured trees and determined their general health and spent three years to develop chocolates, coverings and jams for the dairy/bakery/ice-cream business.

*looks up to Fishbomb admiringly*
I want to be like you when I grow up! ;)

mangykid-cinnaman

urm, ok.
i'm still a slacker, maybe a little nerd, cuz i like video games, but it's hardly an obsession. my friends are all skateboarders, cept maybe two, one is slack/prep one is goth/metal/skate. People often call me "weird" or "what a fuckin weird ass bitch" or something like that. it's because i like to preserve my childhood instead of destroy it and try to get it back when im older. some say im like an extremely intelligent 10 year old who knows way too much about stuff(you know what i mean by stuff). well, that's me. i watch cartoons, fish, ride my bike, do nothing, enjoy spongebob, collect (hopefully, now im just learning the business) rare videogames, and read berserk. how exciting. i'm a sensual wonder. i'm an amazing joy to be around. maybe not. im tired.

mangykid-cinnaman

oh yeah, that picture is of a geek who makes portable ataris. i find it interesting. he has a balding red head. ha.this is me writing with his hair. oh yeah, what is a LAN anyway?

I find it interesting that people honestly care what bonehead teenagers are up too. All the teens that live in my area are wannabe thugs ( and some truely mean looking people ) that look like all they do is smoke crack and shrapen thier knives ( or polish there guns whatever the case may be ).

My younger cousins etc are into slipknot and metal music ( they have no respect for older metal bands like Slayer, Megadeath, Anthrax etc) and think they are doing something new..haha right. One of my cousins is into the whole Anarchy thing that when I was in Highschool ( back in the late 80's ) all the skaters ( like myself, although I limit my abuse to weekend skateboarding and not all the time ,,hey..I am 32 after all and sit on my ass all day making sure 3Com gets backups ) thought was cool. Of course now i realise that it is all bullshit ( just look at last week WTC tragedy for an example of Anarchy ).

Another big thing ( as in huge ) are the pants and clothes these hosers wear..I mean if you can fit 2 people into one pair of pants ( hmm, maybe that is a good idea ) then they are way to big for you.

Everything these days is hip-hop this and rap/rock that...jesus what happened to all the talented musicians? All we get today is one ( or two if they are lucky ) hit wonders and gay pop music. Don't even get me started on movies...when was the last original movie ( if you say the matrix I will have to smack you )....?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
I find it interesting that people honestly care what bonehead teenagers are up too. All the teens that live in my area are wannabe thugs ( and some truely mean looking people ) that look like all they do is smoke crack and shrapen thier knives ( or polish there guns whatever the case may be ).

My younger cousins etc are into slipknot and metal music ( they have no respect for older metal bands like Slayer, Megadeath, Anthrax etc) and think they are doing something new..haha right. One of my cousins is into the whole Anarchy thing that when I was in Highschool ( back in the late 80's ) all the skaters ( like myself, although I limit my abuse to weekend skateboarding and not all the time ,,hey..I am 32 after all and sit on my ass all day making sure 3Com gets backups ) thought was cool. Of course now i realise that it is all bullshit ( just look at last week WTC tragedy for an example of Anarchy ).

Another big thing ( as in huge ) are the pants and clothes these hosers wear..I mean if you can fit 2 people into one pair of pants ( hmm, maybe that is a good idea ) then they are way to big for you.

Everything these days is hip-hop this and rap/rock that...jesus what happened to all the talented musicians? All we get today is one ( or two if they are lucky ) hit wonders and gay pop music. Don't even get me started on movies...when was the last original movie ( if you say the matrix I will have to smack you )....?

well, there is this mentality that if you've survived a certain era, you would feel that that previous era is better than the present...nowadays we've got teenagers beating/killing teenagers, back in those days we've got the white men beating the black men....of course your assertions are correct, but we should always keep in mind the prejudice of our experience...

P

paradiselost

...totally agree with Entriga...

...honestly, I agree with the majority of things you said, Oliver, but I believe at the same that most of all this situation it depends about the personal experience, and the way we are living...

...it's like a paintng: you can't really understand the single paint without to be very expert about the author...

;)

Top Bottom