Do you guys work out?

What kind of physical activity do you do?

• running

Votes: 49 98.0%
  • swimming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • martial arts/kickboxing/boxing

• weightlifting

• tennis

• other gym activity ( stairmaster,etc)

• aerobics

• Nothing...I'm lazy/too busy

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
I dont believe Australia was always using it, probably only 30-40 years ago we were using the old system, but times change... hopefully.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
It is like most systems. It is what our businesses use because the older people that own them know how to use it. So they teach it to us and we buy their product in the system were familiar with. We could however start to put both on every product we sell (including weight scales) and that would help alleviate the problem. Me, I would have to use a conversion chart for the metric syatem and walk around with a calculator.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Majin Tenshi said:
Well, if you're gonna reduce it to a brag thread...

Pretty much what I was going to say, jeesus. Okays, I work out 3 times a week for upper body. Used to do 5 days a week (2 for lower body) but because my knees are kinda shitty, and I resprained my left ankle, I haven't done regular lower body workout in like a year or more, heh. On top of that, my lower body is pretty built because of a lifetime of soccer. Anyway

OMGOMGOMGBENCH PRESS! The most overrated piece of shit ever. For some reason its considered the ultimate test of strength. Lame. Anyway again:

Bench is 3x10 of 205. I've been stuck on this thing forever, due to sickness, injury, etc. I'll get up to 3x10, and then i get sick or something, and have to go back to a struggling 3x8, etc.

Other than that, I try to play soccer during spring, which naturally involves running. My best 1mile time is 5.36 I believe, however this was also my senior year in high school when I was in the best cardio shape of my life. All I know is that my soccer game on wednesday (only 20min halfs) is gonna get me VERY winded. Oof.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I used to run every day at noon for the hell of it, but when I moved to Santa Cruz it was too cold for my liking, so I quit. I don't think I'll seriously run again until I move back to Southern California where I can feel the heat. So, now I'm strictly on the ever faithful girlfriend diet/exercise plan. Keeps me fit.

Time to go drink rum and eat Rugers!

-Griffith

P.S. I assume I can bench press several kilotongrams or whatever you metric system freaks call it. I once juggled a Buick... with my teeth.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Uriel said:
I ride everywhere on my bike. Keeps me fit and looking young :p

I miss riding a bike, around here I can't ride one without risking getting run over by some hillbilly in a truck. *sigh*

Kart

Resident /b/tard
today i'm doing a nice project, chopping down the huge trunk of a tree in my front yard, and no one will let me get my hands on a chainsaw :/ so I'm stuck axing it.

Lauralana

That's Hot
Griffith said:
I now I'm strictly on the ever faithful girlfriend diet/exercise plan. Keeps me fit.

Ya i used to be that lucky and have that kind of exercise plan. :p But now i am all alone and forced to run and do yoga to relieve tension when i really get "frustrated" :eek:.

Either way it's all good. Yoga keeps me flexible and ready for my next exercise partner ;)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I started lifting weights, and DDR keeps my lower area nice and hard... and i kinda don't eat lunch...

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I beat other students and my finace up with a shinai on a weekly basis. Best couple therapy ever invented. ;D There isn't any running in Kendo, but it does work you cardiovascularly. And the added bonus of stress relief just can't be beat.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Miyu said:
I beat other students and my finace up with a shinai on a weekly basis. Best couple therapy ever invented. ;D There isn't any running in Kendo, but it does work you cardiovascularly. And the added bonus of stress relief just can't be beat.

I would have to disagree ;D Nothing like doing a 5 point throw on some poor schmuck, hehehe, you kinda feel bad for him but dah well, a win is a win. Oh yea, I do wrestling, havent in a long time but once September comes, its whoop ass time. :D

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Well wish me luck that I can continue this stringent diet so I can get my bodyfat down to less than 15% ( probably about 12%) in time for the fitness competition. Ugh. 12 weeks of training ahead.

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
Well wish me luck that I can continue this stringent diet so I can get my bodyfat down to less than 15% ( probably about 12%) in time for the fitness competition. Ugh. 12 weeks of training ahead.

LC: What fitness competition are you doing?
12% is pretty much fatless for women...that would be pretty amazing. What kind of training will you be doing in the next few months?

Last time I checked, I was in the low 20%s and I think I'm on the borderline of being too thin.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I would have to disagree ;D Nothing like doing a 5 point throw on some poor schmuck, hehehe, you kinda feel bad for him but dah well, a win is a win. Oh yea, I do wrestling, havent in a long time but once September comes, its whoop ass time. :D

Co-ed naked wrestling? ;)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Uyennie said:
LC: What fitness competition are you doing?
12% is pretty much fatless for women...that would be pretty amazing. What kind of training will you be doing in the next few months?

Last time I checked, I was in the low 20%s and I think I'm on the borderline of being too thin.

25% is considered the normal body fat of most women. It's not really healthy to get down below 15% because then the chance of amenorrhea sets in...you lose your menstrual cycle, and then calcium loss occurs in the bone. If you ever see long distance runners, a lot of them look really drawn and ultrathin, because they have incredibly low body fat.

The contest is a figure contest...so there's no gymnastics or athletic ability onstage. I'd have to return to gymnastics and choreographed dance routines.

The fitness contest is two part: bathing suit ( two piece and one piece) presentation, and a rigorous two minute performance on the stage ( this sounds easier than it really is) to demonstrate flexibility, grace, atheticism, and balance.

The figure contest is just bathing suit, but you are judged on the symmetry of your body, muscle definition ( each muscle has to stand out...not like Ms Olympia or anything, but it has to be visible and toned), stage presence, and poise. In any case a contestant has to be in top shape to pose. A lot of the same girls who do the fitness also enter figure.

It's called LOL the Ms. Wild West Nevada.

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
2 minutes is a long time to have to perform.

The reason I ask is because a good girlfriend of mine was the silver medalist in last year's Miss Fitness USA. I thought you might be in the same competition. It was even televised on ESPN2.

I watched her through the training process. I was exhausted just listening to her daily routine.

Good luck to you! You must tell us how you do.
How exciting!

i was in football for 2 years. so weight lifting for that was pretty hard. now i lift sometimes. i also agressive in-line so i need to be in shape for that(but i'm not). its kinda fun blading i but my ass alot but hey what can i say. i just get back up and do it again untill i suceed. soon i'll probably be going into agressive biking then. but thats what i do to work out.

PerfekChaos

Anna is hot
I lift at 24 hour fitness.

Bench: 10 x 155 lbs, 8 x 175, 5 x 195

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I go the gym, I see most guys benching over 200 lbs and I feel weak. :-\

And you guys probably don't care cuz I'm new here...

I max out at 315 on the bench. Max meaning 1 rep. I usually stick to 225, 235, 245, then 255. This is on the flat of course. Lately I've been working with Dumbells. Its alot better. Stay off the flat bench and do crazy amounts of incline dumbell presses. You'll see results in a few weeks. ;)
I work one body part per day, and hit the gym 5 times a week, and cardio twice. I hate running! :p GOLD GYM PWNS! ;D

Top Bottom