Do you think Casca will grudge Guts for nearly raping her?

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
einherjar said:
"How" makes all the difference in the world! As I previously stated, if she remembers simply that she was assaulted, yes, I think she will grudge him. But if she awakens with a comprehension of events she doesn't currently appear to possess, then no, she will not. The level of her recollection at the time of her future sanity is not in any way clear.

How doesn't make a difference from the context of my question. AGAIN, I'll repeat myself: I said if she remembers the assault and the strangling do you think she will grudge him, the condition of this question is set so that we are making a judgement based off the assumption that she will remember the assault, and I again, have said this before. So IN THIS CASE "how" does not make a difference, it'd be like me asking the question if the sun explodes do you think we'll die, how it explodes will hold no relevance to the outcome because either way we'd be dead. My question is asking basically do you think Casca will not hold a grudge, or do you think she will, which is based off the set condition that she does in fact remember, and you said yes, if she simply remembers that he assaulted her and no, if she awakens with the ability to comprehend those events. This also explains why its unimportant to note the fact that the level of her recollection is unclear at this point, because my question is grounded in the hypothetical situation that she does remember the assault and strangling. Now do you get what I meant by saying its pretty clear, by that I meant my question, by explaining it, it has gotten more complicated than what it was originally.

einherjar said:
You could be playing devil's advocate...

What tipped you off, was it the word duh in all caps or the sarcasm?

einherjar said:
Is the Beast truly evil? Methinks him more nihilistic.

Again your missing the forest for the trees, it matters very little whether or not the beast is truly one hundred percent evil, what matters is the fact that it one hundred percent holds ill intentions for Guts' friends. We already know how it feels about Casca and when it takes hold of Guts it looks as if its about to attack his friends through the Berserker armor.

einherjar said:
But Farnese doesn't seem to fear him, and as I said, Schierke seems more concerned for Guts than herself.

Well, the face she makes when Guts faces them while being possessed is basically the same one she made while trying to fend off the trolls. Now I'm not saying she was as fearful, but I don't think you can argue that she doesn't have atleast some fear when he's like this coupled with her concern for his well being. As for Schierke, she seems more concerned for Guts than for herself, probably because she is the only one capable of making him snap out of it, plus she has a big crush on him and is always concerned for his well being, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have any fear of the beast, if not for what it can do to her then how about what it can do to him and the others.

einherjar said:
Are you confusing Farnese with Schierke?

Wow, forget not seeing the forest for the trees, this is more like not seeing the tree for the leaves. Obviously, when I said this I was comparing Farnese's way of showing her feelings for Guts to that of Schierke, had I of said Farnese is a love struck kid you would have a point, but I didn't.

einherjar said:
I was pointing out that regressing to adolescence was not far enough for her mind to be safe.But it's still not an event she would feel "safe" in, hence the need for further regression.

I know, and to that I said: because the circumstances were not as ridiculously traumatizing as what Griffith did as well as what form he did it in, and so I said she didn't regress at all from that, instead she became obsessed with her "savior" Griffith. Your arguing off the basis that her mind tried adolescence, then after that didn't work, her mind became infantile, now what I said was it never regressed at all because during the golden age she never acted like someone younger than what she was (a sign of someone who has regressed), she merely had developed an obsession for Griffith.

einherjar said:
But it's still not an event she would feel "safe" in, hence the need for further regression.

And besides your mind doesn't choose how far it regresses, nor does it take one step back at a time with each subsequent trauma, as far as we know if she becomes traumatized even further in her current state she might end up acting like a chicken.

So let me just ask you based off your theory if this happened and she regressed again, would she become like a fetus, or... or... maybe Miura would have her regress to the point that we get a scene of her breast feeding off of Farnese? :schierke:

einherjar said:
She probably had no idea why Farnese was squishing her against the wall, because she lacked the ability to effectively analyze the situation

Give her some credit.

einherjar said:
No, there's something horribly wrong with Casca's psyche, because she doesn't consider the trolls. I think it might have something to do with being raped by a demon.

I agree, but again give her some credit I have yet to see her jump into any of their camp fires just because its bright or anything else that implies she has no idea of what can harm her, so she can't be so horribly messed up that she didn't notice the trolls surrounding her and Farnese, no she just didn't consider them a threat.

einherjar said:
I think it might have something to do with being raped by a demon.

If that's an attempt at sarcasm, it really sucks, especially since your using the demon thing that I used (in greater detail) eight posts ago, remember this: Maybe being raped by your friend/first love interest who suddenly turned into a demon and had all your other friends sacrificed to demons and to make matters worse raped you in front of your first lover, or something along those lines.

einherjar said:
Seeing is not perceiving.

Seriously? Is that the best you can do? Well, the last time I checked your brain and your eyes are connected through the nervous system. Hence the whole seeing is believing thing, heard of that?
But then again maybe not, you obviously saw my post but still didn't get it/them, and even fed back to me what I already said a few times. Ah, well.

X

Xem

I'm on Ramen's side for this one, Guts and Casca's relationship has always been pretty intense and violent throughout the story. Besides, Guts so far has always managed to stop himself from really going over the edge in regards to harming her. It's not like Casca instantly had a flash of being raped by Femto when Guts bit her nipple or anything like that.

Once again as Ramen said, most likely if anything she'll be pissed at Guts for having repeatedly put himself in harms way to protect her. That seems more like Casca's character to me...

Assuming she gets her memory back at all of course :???:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Deci said:
Guts and Casca's relationship has always been pretty intense and violent throughout the story.

Yeah, but think about those moments in comparison to the near rape and strangling, in the past it was usually Casca who instigated violence, in these cases they never seemed serious, then of course there was the one in which she stabbed him and was worried about his health. The main differences are that Casca was the aggressor and both (including Casca) knew no harm would come to either because Guts wouldn't harm Casca and he wouldn't allow her to harm him, they were more of a way for Casca to vent her frustrations. That's why when Guts allowed her sword to stab him, she felt bad and questioned why he allowed it to happen, then after they made love. Compare this to the other scene, in which a mentally handicapped Casca is naked and has to slaughter a bunch of men who tried to gang rape her and then Guts snaps and not only nearly rapes her but also causes harm to her.

In this scene the tone is far more serious, whereas the other one was about Casca finally accepting her feelings for Guts, this one is more about the ongoing problem that Guts has with his dark side, the beast. Since it is still an unresolved problem, I see it as causing more problems in the future, one being that I see may cause friction with Casca, there's got to be a reason that Miura keeps showing how Casca is holding a grudge against Guts, other than it just being a temporary thing for when she's mentally disabled.

Again I just don't see her losing these negative feelings instantly once she's fixed merely on the basis that she'll better understand the circumstances in which they occured. I do think she'll eventually forgive him, but not in the way many others seem to think.

Deci said:
I'm on Ramen's side for this one, Besides, Guts so far has always managed to stop himself from really going over the edge in regards to harming her.

Like I said, the tone of those other scenes were much less serious than that of the near rape and strangle scenes. Guts may of stopped himself in the past as well as in the above scenes, however, you can tell the difference in seriousness based off Guts' reactions. In the past that your referencing after Guts and Casca would argue/fight he would call her a crazy girl, in the strangle and especially near rape scene Guts seemed to be afraid of himself seriously harming her, I think you could argue that Guts felt like he was incapable of protecting her himself (hence the need for Farnese) its a little less likely, but you could even argue that because of the beast Guts was afraid that if he tried to protect him alone, Casca would end up needing protection from Guts harming her.

Deci said:
It's not like Casca instantly had a flash of being raped by Femto when Guts bit her nipple or anything like that.

Well, you can't really mention this as a supporting point, because in Casca's current state we never see anything from Casca's first person view point, all we see is how she reacts to things in second or third person, be it snarling at Guts or making strange sounds. This why its left up to supposition in order to understand how she thinks based off evidence from her actions, as well as reactions to others, namely Guts.

Top Bottom