Hi guys,

Here are my first tries of recolorisation, from Berserk

I don't know very well Photoshop, I miss many tricks I think :miura:

The first (first try very bad) to the last one, better imo :ganishka:

004_2.jpg

003_2.jpg

194_2.jpg

Thx for viewing ^^

Looking good, my only gripe is that at full rez (4/3 especially) it looks a little airbrushed/milky for my taste, the black parts in particular.

Guts looks good apart from his eye color.
however that blood is really bothering me. It just doesn't look right, too one color. Almost like it was done in Ms-paint.

Ramen4ever said:
Guts looks good apart from his eye color.
however that blood is really bothering me. It just doesn't look right, too one color. Almost like it was done in Ms-paint.

I agree :guts:

I tried to fix it ^^
868_2.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The shot with SK and the ogres looks very nice I think. It's a clear improvement over your previous colorations.

Big improvement.

And also, The full-res makes a terrific wallpaper; slap a logo or a brand in the upper right hand corner to seal the deal.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Great work Drakull!! I think I liked the in-progress Slann a little better, you had a subtle color effect going up the left side that gave the intestines a slight purple tint that really made them look great. :guts: If you just don't like the way it blew out the blacks, you can make a copy of the original Miura inks layer, plop it on top of your layer stack and set it on darken or multiply...

The ogres page looks great too! I'd just be careful about when and when not to lighten the blacks... It works very well in the background, but I think the horse's & Skullknight's cape would look more dynamic if if the blacks were lightened less uniformly/softly, if you know what I mean?

Anyhow, these both look awesome, looks like you picked up a few techniques since the last set, & I've liked your color choices from the start. Looking forward to more!

Top Bottom