Episode 235

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Episode 235?

miurafan said:
As Griffith already noted, Miura doesn't keep Guts off the main stage for very long since he is the hero of the story. :)

I doubt the Griffith/Charlotte story line is resolved one way or the other, though. It's far too early for that, and since I personally feel Griffith is unlikely to survive the end of the series, that doesn't leave much opportunity for fairy tale endings.

Guts' revenge and Griffith's dream have been motivating factors from the beginning, so I think it's unlikely either character will be achieving his goal until Miura starts to wrap up the story. I just don't feel it's time for that yet. It took Miura 26 books to get these characters where they are now, and while it's possible he's moving all his players into position for the series ending, there's still a lot of ground to cover, including the whole Gaiseric saga, origin of the God Hand, Idea's plans, Guts' eventual fate, Griffith's plans, and all the little side stories involving the other characters.

Miura probably has a few surprises in the works for Griffith and Charlotte. Really, there's so many directions he could take their story, and I'm happy to just sit back and wait to be entertained.Thank you! It's what I'd have said on first seeing Zodd...ù
Do you think that all that is Griffith becoming king and that he will fail? I believe the chapter made clear that Charlotte accepted Griffith
Griffith, IMHO is going to become king. The question is what happens next.
Anyway somethingIwant to ask is about the hawk of light prophecys.There seems to be in Kushan and Midland sacred or holy sayings but what's there to it actually? In our real world, tests like that go more than somebody will come.
miurafan said:
Yup, I remember the guy. Griffith had sex with Gennon and Charlotte in order to advance his own plans (although the results both times were not quite as he expected), but that's the only relevant parallel I see between those two particular characters.
Do you think that Griffith has something more than that with Charlotte?

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!

Well I also think that Guts will reappear in Chap 236, so we will have to wait to see how the story goes with Griffith and Charlotte but I agree with xechnao...Griffith will become King...the matter is for how long he will be in that possition and how will Guts revange be... ;D

One question to all: How are the Chapters counted...in the German edition they are not numbered so I just numbered them by my self but at the end of Band 25 there are already 242 Chapters...how are they numbered in Japan? ??? :p

lordofmasks

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

LordofMasks said:
Well I also think that Guts will reappear in Chap 236, so we will have to wait to see how the story goes with Griffith and Charlotte but I agree with xechnao...Griffith will become King...the matter is for how long he will be in that possition and how will Guts revange be... ;D

One question to all: How are the Chapters counted...in the German edition they are not numbered so I just numbered them by my self but at the end of Band 25 there are already 242 Chapters...how are they numbered in Japan? ??? :p
http://skullknight.net/manga

xechnao said:
Do you think that all that is Griffith becoming king and that he will fail? I believe the chapter made clear that Charlotte accepted Griffith

I believe Griffith will become king, but not any time soon. I think in the end he will fall again, mainly because he has a heavy karmic debt to pay. What he does when he becomes king, and how long he can stay king, is open to speculation.

Charlotte does seem to go with the flow, but it's not so much her feelings for Griffith that raises questions for me, but his interest in her. Maybe he wants an heir. Maybe he just wants to be adored 24/7. Maybe he has plans only he and Miura know about. I'm intrigued by what's going on, but not big on trying to second-guess exactly what Miura will do next. It's his story; I'm just along for the ride.

Anyway somethingIwant to ask is about the hawk of light prophecys.

I'm more interested in what Skull Knight and Flora know about what's going on; past, present, and future.

Do you think that Griffith has something more than that with Charlotte?

Yes, I do. Pre-eclipse Griffith didn't love Charlotte and what he did to her was wrong, but I believe he had feelings for her (what exactly those feelings were is up to interpretation, like so many things with Griffith.)

The current Griffith is still too much of an unknown, so I don't know. He wants her for something, despite being a powerful god-like being who should be able to do whatever he wants and without needing to care what mere humans think of him, and right now I'm more curious about that than whether or not they'll set up house and get busy repopulating Midland.

miurafan said:
I'm more interested in what Skull Knight and Flora know about what's going on; past, present, and future.
Only that the holy books sayings should be more accesible as common knowledge. It is strange that there is nothing said in the manga so far about it. Could it be that in those books nothing is written about that?
miurafan said:
Yes, I do. Pre-eclipse Griffith didn't love Charlotte and what he did to her was wrong, but I believe he had feelings for her (what exactly those feelings were is up to interpretation, like so many things with Griffith.)

The current Griffith is still too much of an unknown, so I don't know. He wants her for something, despite being a powerful god-like being who should be able to do whatever he wants and without needing to care what mere humans think of him, and right now I'm more curious about that than whether or not they'll set up house and get busy repopulating Midland.
Griffith doesn't have a single feeling for Charlotte in my point of view. If he had, he would have shown her reallity. As he said with Guts, only Guts himself is the one who really knows him and this is propablly why he was afraid if he got any feelings about him.
Griffith forced him by the sword to follow him, without elluding and luring him, convincing him with his charisma to something different than reallity.
Which is, that he just gives and takes to achieve his dream: he doesn't respect peoples choices and free will (he can't accept that and this means that he can't love people). That's why he got crushed when Guts left.
And for the above two reasons Guts is the most important person for him.
He just doesn't give a shit about Charlotte.

xechnao said:
He just doesn't give a shit about Charlotte.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I don't see the story the same way you do and don't share your opinion, but if Miura keeps us entertained and on tenterhooks, that's all that really matters, isn't it? Anyway, I've said all I wanted to say on this chapter.

LordofMasks

I also would like to know more about Skullknight and Flora...and of the Becoming of each member of God Hand...but we'll see about that... ;D

To Charlotte and Griffith...I dont know if Griffith feels something for Charlotte or not...you'll see...we all think that he needs to marry to Charlotte so he can become King and have a Kingdom...but he could also become King through Military Power...and he has it...so there must be something about Charlotte...and to the topic that she would made a good or Bad Ass Mo.... ...... Queen...yes could be she just follows blindly her love...Griffith... :p

lordofmasks

LordofMasks said:
but he could also become King through Military Power...and he has it...so there must be something about Charlotte
I believe that according to medieval society taking leadership through military power only means that he will be no king but a tyrant(something like a dictator). To become a king he has to be involved with the royal family. At least this is what the tradition wanted it to be.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p

xechnao said:
I believe that according to medieval society taking leadership through military power only means that he will be no king but a tyrant(something like a dictator). To become a king he has to be involved with the royal family. At least this is what the tradition wanted it to be.

Well, by marrying Charlotte he'd certainly take away a lot of doubts on his future postition as king; he'd not risk to face a civil war as might be the case if he'd do it through military power and as the Saviour of Midland, few, if even any, would question the fact that he is the man most worthy of Charlotte... simply put, he saves a lot of trouble and increases the belief in his own legend by marrying Charlotte.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Nosferatu said:
Quick question!!! Are we in Volume 28 of Berserk yet? Please don't Hague me! :-[
Chapter 236 should be the last chapter of Volume27, if Miura keeps the 10 chapters a volume ratio.
Guil

LordofMasks

But if we Judge by pages the there should be maybe 2 or 3 more Chapters because a usual Volume goes between 210 and 230 pages...but I also think Chapter 236 would be normaly the end of Volume 27... ;D

lordofmasks

xechnao said:
well, as a matter of fact he doesn't need to take leadership by force, as there isn't any leader anymore in midland, except ganishka. So I believe that even if he hadn't used charlotte he would have been considered as a savior by midland people, and would have been crowned anyway. Which makes me wonder. What exactly is he trying to do with Charlotte? Increasing is legitimity by marrying her? I don't think so. But I think he'll be using her to create some kind of national feeling in midland. She'll become some sort of symbol of the rebellion against ganishka. I don't think griffith will hide her until the Kushan's defeat and then marry her in order to become a king. I think he'll use her, show her to the population, like some kind of non-fighting Joan of Arc.
Btw, I apologize in advance for my spelling mistakes, for English is not my country's main language.

Kuja said:
well, as a matter of fact he doesn't need to take leadership by force, as there isn't any leader anymore in midland, except ganishka. So I believe that even if he hadn't used charlotte he would have been considered as a savior by midland people, and would have been crowned anyway. Which makes me wonder. What exactly is he trying to do with Charlotte? Increasing is legitimity by marrying her? I don't think so. But I think he'll be using her to create some kind of national feeling in midland. She'll become some sort of symbol of the rebellion against ganishka. I don't think griffith will hide her until the Kushan's defeat and then marry her in order to become a king. I think he'll use her, show her to the population, like some kind of non-fighting Joan of Arc.
Btw, I apologize in advance for my spelling mistakes, for English is not my country's main language.
Leadership and royality were many times two diferent things from ancient Egypt to Tolkien's Middle Earth. A leader to be king in many traditions had to gain bonds or ties somehow with the royal family .
In ancient egypt marriage to one divine daughter of the temple of Karnak would do the trick to become a true(divine) pharaoh). In Middle Earth Gondor had a ruler but he was no king.
Anyway, Griffith will be marrying Charlotte because even if he didn't, propablly Ganishka would have done so and then Griffith's case would not so cleanly be the saviour's one, if he took off Ganishka.

Kuja said:

As you say, a symbol against Ganishka. As someone once said (and it shows up in KOTOR), a hero that stops a tyrant is only a hero because the tyrant was in power. If the hero stops the tyrant prior to him becoming a tyrant, he isn't a hero. It's all about how others precieve you. To do heroic acts you need to act against a known evil. If you act before the evil has made its move, no one will recongnize you as such.

It's in Griffith's best interest to use Ganishka as a symbol of evil and to parade throughout all of Midland with Charlotte to let people really see him as the saviour. Building an army of Midlands people, he then defeats Ganishka along with them and they all praise him for they'll have seen his deed themselves. It would make them much more willing to do anything he says. They won't believe they are trading a Tyrant for another Tyrant if they were a part of the change.

Anyways, that's my theory as to why he didn't end it there and then.

Oh and Since I'm a late comer to this thread, I wanted to also Thank Saiyajin for the scans. I think I along with many others on this site would suffer from withdrawl if ever you decided to stop scanning the recent chapter. I offically dub thee Our Berserk Manga Pusher or Berserk Pimp daddy if you prefer ;)

I don't see how Charlotte is gonna parade or be Joan of arc if she is a girl transfered around in her bed and the only thing she knows to do is embroidery.
In my point of view, Griffith is a noble, he is gonna throw Ganishka out and marry. Charlotte. People weren't voting at those times for their kings. If things were mad enough they just rebelled.
Anyway, Midland, before Kushans arrived, was in crisis and now under harsh occupation by the Emperor of terror. Griffith was the war hero at the times of prosperity and still a noble. If he is gonna throw Ganishka out, I don't see why people would like to rebell against him.
But then again, who knows. Maybe Charlotte will become a heroine too?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p

xechnao said:
I don't see how Charlotte is gonna parade or be Joan of arc if she is a girl transfered around in her bed and the only thing she knows to do is embroidery.

True, but who says that she needs to battle? As a princess she'd still be a very important rallying symbol of the resistance against Ganishka and the Kushians. She could also be able to encourage the soldiers who were about to go into battle and such things...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

xechnao said:
In my point of view, Griffith is a noble, he is gonna throw Ganishka out and marry. Charlotte. People weren't voting at those times for their kings. If things were mad enough they just rebelled.
Anyway, Midland, before Kushans arrived, was in crisis and now under harsh occupation by the Emperor of terror. Griffith was the war hero at the times of prosperity and still a noble. If he is gonna throw Ganishka out, I don't see why people would like to rebell against him.
But then again, who knows. Maybe Charlotte will become a heroine too?

People are full of surprises, Xechnao. We know how Miura surprises us with story twists and turns. I'm not saying that Charlotte is going to suddenly turn into this martyr of some sort. What I think she may do is realize or come to her senses that maybe Griffith isn't the man of her dreams. She may have hesitations about marrying him, or if she does marry him, begin to regret it. I think it's a distinct possibility.

While it's true she 'embroiders' and is sheltered, let's not forget that she also saved Griffith's life when Guts and co were rescuing him from the dungeon. She took an important step there: thinking about someone other than herself. That surprised me that she went out on a limb. She became a little bit of a heroine to me at that point.

Dark Wanderer has an important point there too...she is the sole heir to the throne, and won't just be a princess but the Queen of Midland. Even as a princess she wields considerable power and influence over the nobles and the people. She hasn't had a chance to tap into those influential powers yet.

So, as usual, we will wait...eagerly, for future chapters, to see what they will bring :)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Charlotte is already queen of Midland. She's been referred to with that title at least a few times already and, well, her father is dead.

Anyhow, she's the last major living link to the royal family of Midland, so she's vital to Griffith's takeover, in the hearts and minds of Midland.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

kimchan said:
Charlotte is already queen of Midland. She's been referred to with that title at least a few times already and, well, her father is dead.

Anyhow, she's the last major living link to the royal family of Midland, so she's vital to Griffith's takeover, in the hearts and minds of Midland.

Aren't they supposed to do a royal coronation of some sorts? I suppose considering the circumstances LOL it would be a bit tough.

Silicon Creature

Maybe on earth. Maybe in the future.

It's true that Charlotte is the queen, but how long has she been in captivity, do the people even know if she is still alive?

Having her on his side is certainly a good way for Griffith to become king, but if he freed Midland from Ganishka (which he will do either way) he'd have no problem doing that either.
He's already quite popular with the people.

I'm a bit late, SaiyajinNoOuji, but thanks for all the scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom