Episode 236

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
IgnusDei said:
Guts is skinnier? He looks LEANER, if anything, but it doesn't look like he's lost any muscular mass.

I guess leaner might be the word for it. But I think the question is, if he keeps that up, how long will it be before he loses muscle mass? Then again, I'm not sure he's eaten well as of late, what with the bouts of unconsciousness and fountains of blood for a while there. He also seems to shake a bit (at least that's what it seemed like on page 6 there). Either way, Guts' condition seems to be worrying those around him and I doubt they aren't justified.

Also, now that someone mentioned it and I gave it some thought, Farnese with magic *is* kind of a scary proposition (I was at first only kind of surprised at the turn.) She's always searching for some kind of power and control it seems, just judging from the way she's always so worried about being helpless (Troll armageddon, Casca babysitting, etc.) That look in her eyes did border on creepy and might be very telling.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
She would be like Beavis! ;D

Fire Fire Fire! But anyways, I hope Farnese goes for the slutty hot scantly clad magic user. WOOHOO! ;D

kimchan said:
I guess leaner might be the word for it. But I think the question is, if he keeps that up, how long will it be before he loses muscle mass?

you speak like musclemmag :p ;D

kimchan said:
Also, now that someone mentioned it and I gave it some thought, Farnese with magic *is* kind of a scary proposition (I was at first only kind of surprised at the turn.) She's always searching for some kind of power and control it seems, just judging from the way she's always so worried about being helpless (Troll armageddon, Casca babysitting, etc.) That look in her eyes did border on creepy and might be very telling.

Ain't Isidoro just the same thing (although he is still a baby)? And by the way the other notice it all the time. Remember when Farnesse offered her hair to Guts etchetera etchetera?
I don't see it as a lust for power. I see it more as a lust for comprehension of the world that it seems she missed due to the way she was brought up. She is still immature just as Isidoro is. Just a question of immaturity from my perspective.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
I don't see it as a lust for power. I see it more as a lust for comprehension of the world that it seems she missed due to the way she was brought up. She is still immature just as Isidoro is. Just a question of immaturity from my perspective.

True, I don’t think Farnese has any evil intentions either. Still, as we’ve already seen with Schierke, sometimes one’s feelings, subconscious or otherwise, can subvert their intentions while channeling a powerful spirit. And Schierke is a pretty serious student, so with that immaturity you mentioned in mind; if Farnese was united with a powerful fire elemental, she could become just as out of control as Guts was in the Beast armor. At least I hope so, "FIRE!" ;D

-Griffith

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
xechnao said:
Ain't Isidoro just the same thing (although he is still a baby)? And by the way the other notice it all the time. Remember when Farnesse offered her hair to Guts etchetera etchetera?

I do think she is naive about the world and that's probably the root of all this, but that's also what makes it a little creepy. If she gets that kind of power and makes a mistake or bad decision, it's not going to be good. This is also similar to Isidro, kind of like when he was given the fire elemental dagger and he started waving it around recklessly. She may not do anything on purpose, but the possibilities for accidents are endless.

And of course, the possibility that nothing will happen is also an option. ^_^

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I don't think so. Farnese is one of Miura's favorite characters. What he wants to show is her slow growth from a child afraid of darkness to... the heroine that will cause the fall of the hawk perhaps ?

yay for first posting! 2 tidbits for y'all to gnaw upon. 1. doesn't gatts kinda remind you of a depleted griffiths after his rescue? his deterioration i believe is significant. griffiths and gatts parallel is what i'm thinking here. as was said earlier, i hope that SK makes with the stories because it's been torturing me since back at the eclipse. 2. could there possibly be an alternative either usage to the red behelit or an alternative source of the transformation so he turns out like skully? could this transformation be somehow linked to that sword that SK's been chewing on for the last millenia?

sorry if i am re-asking certain questions, as i just found the site about a week ago and have been focused on the latest chapters and catching up with the man gatts.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
1. Guts slight phisical deterioration is counterbalanced by his mental relief at being free from the ghosts that constantly plague him and seeing Caska happy.

2. The hint about Skull's transformation was the armor not the sword. Maybe you missed what the mask looked like before it changed into the Beast version...?

I've been told that Miura said in an interview that Guts is staying human...

I got a feeling that once they reach elfhelm they will be staying there for a few years at least...

Of course the chapter will switch back to Griffith and continue all the way until he ascended the throne and become the next king of midland...

This time i sense a possibility that the story will focus on Griffith for a long long time... at least i mean in berserk time... By the time Guts show up again (maybe in the next chapter), it would be at least some years with his band becoming much more powerful (natural that they will be training hard these years), with Farnese able to cast spells, Isidro showing off his double handed swordplay and Serpico using superior wind power etc...

I think i let my thought stray too far... it is too early to make any speculation now, because who knows if they may even get to Elfhelm... :p

Locus

personal text....
Anybody else think that once they get to Elfhelm, it will already be destroyed by Griffith and company just like they did Flora?

SaiyajinNoOuji

Locus said:
Anybody else think that once they get to Elfhelm, it will already be destroyed by Griffith and company just like they did Flora?
Nah, because if what they say about Elfhelm is true, then chances are the witches and elf's there would put up a fight, and well, if you have some witches and warlocks that are far more powerful then Schrieke, then it would take a heavy toll on Griffith's groups. They would have to send atleast a few of the top commanders to there. But then again, its always a possibility I suppose. ???

I got a feeling that once they reach elfhelm they will be staying there for a few years at least...

i dunno about the whole few years thing, but they will hopefully be taking a break from their journey to at least rest some. if gatts is staying human he'd better get some food, cuz otherwise he might get weaker and weaker.

Of course the chapter will switch back to Griffith and continue all the way until he ascended the throne and become the next king of midland...

this i'm not putting by griffith, but he's gotta deal with the emperor. given this i don't think that the emperor'll give him many problems but i still think that he's got a few cards up his sleeve. to have thrown all he has at the first attacking apostles doesn't make much sense. he would have just tested them to see how they would do.

This time i sense a possibility that the story will focus on Griffith for a long long time... at least i mean in berserk time... By the time Guts show up again (maybe in the next chapter), it would be at least some years with his band becoming much more powerful (natural that they will be training hard these years), with Farnese able to cast spells, Isidro showing off his double handed swordplay and Serpico using superior wind power etc...

I think i let my thought stray too far... it is too early to make any speculation now, because who knows if they may even get to Elfhelm... :p

I think they'll get to elfhelm and get some more help from the kiddies there. at least some healing and maybe some modifications to the help that sheirke's teacher gave them. maybe just a quick re-enforcement on the charms and some tasty vittles before sending them on their way. i'm sure of course that they'll run into background story on the god hand, considering that they'll have wizards and witches there who will be probably maintaining a library of the technicalities behind them or at least theories. mebbe even a way to hurt them? this could be how SK got the idea for the sword. i do have to wonder though, what exactly is gatts' sword enchanted with? it was hinted at the darkness with each of his swings by sheirke but did anyone ever see anything else relating to this?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I believe it was a shadow type magic if my memory serves me right. You can always check the translations if you would like. i am sure it is in there. ;D

kkempter said:
this i'm not putting by griffith, but he's gotta deal with the emperor. given this i don't think that the emperor'll give him many problems but i still think that he's got a few cards up his sleeve.

That why i say it will take a long time before it finally switch back to Guts again...

I wonder will Muira portray a short story about the past on how Gaiseric become the king, the creation of GH and the destruction of his empire etc in the future chapter? Something like the background of Farnese and Serp in vol22 (Fire and Ice chapter)

Of course if he had the intention of doing that, that short story may last a volume long... :p

dwarfkicker said:
I wouldn't mind a whole volume dedicated to the telling of Skull Knight's origin. We all know that's coming up soon.

Dont hold your breath, people could have easily been thinking that 4 years ago.

Majin Tenshi said:
I've been told that Miura said in an interview that Guts is staying human...

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2777

about the 12-13th post... i thought of that already.. but even Godo said something about Guts transforming into something in the manga when Guts came back after escaping from Farneze and killing Roshinu..

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."
I posted a question about when the next ep. is coming out, and apparently it got deleted. I have since read about it in Rules thread, I just thought it would've been nice if someone said something.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for that one. I'm glad to see that they've gotten back to Guts. But I'm sure they'll get back to Griffith much quicker this time. I can't wait to see how he ends Ganishka's life.

Shurikn said:
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2777
but even Godo said something about Guts transforming into something in the manga when Guts came back after escaping from Farneze and killing Roshinu..

Godo said nothing like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom