Episode 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
If u mean the vol 21 incident, i guess he couldnt believe that a evil person like him could become so great...

That's not what Guts thought in chapter 179, not at all.

Smith said:
Well if he did remember it doesnt matter right? the situation still remain the same

Yeah, but by this very example, the situation isn't as simple as Guts' desire to kill Griffith in the first place.

"Griffith No More!" said:
I hadn't even really thought of Griffith showing up just for the sake of Guts, but that makes sense too, and furthers the argument that the Hawks won't be able to stay away.

Sonja saw him, and it's obvious that she can relay such things telepathically, to Griffith if nobody else (he may just be able to see it without her even offering the information). Guts' is their sworn enemy, he's wearing armor that makes slaying Apostles look like fun, and he's traveling with a powerful magic user; the apprentice of the very one they already went to great lengths to destroy (and Guts himself is Skull Knight's apprentice). Furthermore, I'm sure Griffith knows about Elfhelm as well, and we all know he's a pretty smart guy. If he doesn't just see the future of what they plan to do, I bet he can figure it out. He may want to have chat, if nothing else. =)

Hard to tell. In most encounters as either Femto or reborn, Griffith hasn't really taken Guts as a threat in either case. He said it didn't matter how many Apostles he killed in volume 3. Even though he has increased alot in power since then Griffith still wouldn't be too bothered by his ability to kill Apostles.
As you said though it could be a different story with Guts teaming up with Schierke and the whole Elfhelm situation.

Overall personally I still think Griffith has bigger fish to fry with focusing on the war for now.

roberto999 said:
The point is that Guts no longer hunts Griffith. His unique goal now is to protect Caska, so if Shilat wants to join someone that is willing to fight Griffith, he better join someone else.

We all know Guts quitting the hunt on Griffith won't last, and I don't think Guts had the intentions of abandoning the hunt for Griffith indefinitely. He is still to come across many Apostles lead by Griffith as prophecised by Skully, and that thought alone was enough to almost bring out the beast from Guts's armour.

Since you have mentioned it, I wanted to remind you about this warning SK gave to Guts...or Shielke
It seems the further Guts uses the armor the more difficult would be to resist the armour's berserker spirit meaning that Guts would get sucked in it more and more
It is unsure if the spirit of the armor could be mastered.
IMO this would mean that Guts is consciously ready to sacrifice himself or die should a threat or menace arrive
Not only facing death and ignoring him as we know he is there allready, but also accepting to die.
Would this make sense?
I think it would only make sense for him to protect Caska and the others
But we have seen that he has lost control in the last fight so perhaps that armor is unmastered, period

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
It seems the further Guts uses the armor the more difficult would be to resist the armour's berserker spirit meaning that Guts would get sucked in it more and more

I don't think the armor has a "spirit", I prefer what SK exactly said, that its Od is like an inextinguishable flame. A flame that pokes the fire of Guts' hatred, making it overwhelming.

As for mastering it, let's not forget a few things. First, when Guts let the Beast overwhelm him last time, he was near the sea, a place strongly related to the astral real, which deformed his perception of things (and prevented Schierke from reaching him). Second, and most importantly, Slan's wound is what triggers the Beast everytimes, if Guts gets it cured, I believe he will be able to fight without losing himself in the process.

The sea happening is also what makes me think that Guts in the Berserk's Armor + Griffith nearby would be something (remembering what Schierke said about the "field of Light" surrounding him).

Aazealh said:
I don't think the armor has a "spirit", I prefer what SK exactly said, that its Od is like an inextinguishable flame. A flame that pokes the fire of Guts' hatred, making it overwhelming.
Yes, Od, by "spirit" I guess I meant the same thing
Letteraly, is there a formal english definition of "Od", btw?

Aazealh said:
As for mastering it, let's not forget a few things. First, when Guts let the Beast overwhelm him last time, he was near the sea, a place strongly related to the astral real, which deformed his perception of things. Second, and most importantly, Slan's wound is what triggers the Beast everytimes, if Guts gets it cured, I believe he will be able to fight without losing himself in the process.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of the sea and the losing control sit...perhaps there is a point here
About the Slann wound, will it need to be cured also on means other than physical, is that right?
Perhaps the moonchild could help here?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Yes, Od, by "spirit" I guess I meant the same thing
Letteraly, is there a formal english definition of "Od", btw?

Od \Od\, n. [G., fr. Gr. ? passage.] (Physics)
An alleged force or natural power, supposed, by Reichenbach
and others, to produce the phenomena of mesmerism, and to be
developed by various agencies, as by magnets, heat, light,
chemical or vital action, etc.; -- called also odyle or the
odylic force. [Archaic]

You might also want to know that in Japanese, the word "Od" is based on the kanji for the famous "Ki/Qi" energetic force (often used in martial arts), with furigana distinguishing it (translators can correct me if that part is inaccurate).

xechnao said:
About the Slann wound, will it need to be cured also on means other than physical, is that right?
Perhaps the moonchild could help here?

Yes, it's an ethereal wound, so it needs a special cure. I think the Hanafubuku ô will take care of it.

Aazealh said:
Od \Od\, n. [G., fr. Gr. ? passage.] (Physics)
   An alleged force or natural power, supposed, by Reichenbach
   and others, to produce the phenomena of mesmerism, and to be
   developed by various agencies, as by magnets, heat, light,
   chemical or vital action, etc.; -- called also odyle or the
   odylic force. [Archaic]

Is this physics or esoterica kinda? ;)
I searched in wikipedia right now and my clues come to "suggestion" or "hypnosis"
Would this term fit? I think it could, if you think that hypnosis has allready been suggested as a means of ultrahigh sport performance

Aazealh said:
I think the Hanafubuku ô will take care of it.

I wonder what Hanafubuku would look like. Is he going to be like Puck? Or like Roshinu was different and bigger than other elves, he will also be different and big. Imagining a Puck-size Hanfubuku with a huge beard just reminds me of Papa smurf  :D...

May be we will be close to an answer by next Christmas  :-\

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
Is this physics or esoterica kinda?

It's a totally esoterical notion as far as I know. Basically, Miura uses it as some kind of spiritual flow or force I think. Schierke often refers to it. I can't really find a better way of explaining the concept right now.

Oh and anyway, you shouldn't think of Wikipedia as some kind of super encyclopedia, it's made by people like you and me, remember, words can be missing, and its definitions aren't always complete or perfectly accurate.

Griffith

Olivier Hague said:

GutsCHRIST.jpg

;D​

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Strange that its called ki just now. I thought it was the Ode, or somthing like that. Funny, becuase I learn about ki in martial arts.

ki

n 1: the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health [syn: qi, chi, ch'i] 2: goddess personifying earth; counterpart of Akkadian Aruru [syn: Ki]

Griffith

DemonX said:
Strange that its called ki just now. I thought it was the Ode, or somthing like that.

GutsCHRIST.jpg

IT WOULDN'T SEEM STRANGE IF YOU READ THE CONVERSATION!!! KAMEHAME HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! IT'S OD!!! KAIYOKEN!!!! I THINK AN ODE TO OD IS IN ORDER! AAAAAAYAAAAA!!!! PERHAPS YOU'LL DO BETTER IN THE... NEXT DIMENSION!!!​

Though your definition of Ki is not unhelpful, so I guess it's a wash.

Griffith

DemonX said:
Usually when I read threads, all I see is jiberish, so I have gotten used to not reading the whole thread at all.  ::)

So, you're haughty little excuse for posting gibberish is that you don't want to read gibberish.

Stop posting?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Olivier Hague said:

Well, I guess it sums up the general idea pretty well ;D.

DemonX said:
Usually when I read threads, all I see is jiberish, so I have gotten used to not reading the whole thread at all.  ::)

So my posts are "jiberish", eh? How about you follow Griffith's advice and stop posting at all?

Though your definition of Ki is not unhelpful, so I guess it's a wash.

Well it sure would be helpful if I hadn't put a link to a much more detailed definition a few posts ahead...

Olivier Hague said:
Don't expect the next episode until January 14th. Possibly later.

Gah :'(.

DarkBlademaster

So, you're haughty little excuse for posting gibberish is that you don't want to read gibberish.

Stop posting?

Aazealh said:
So my posts are "jiberish", eh? How about you follow Griffith's advice and stop posting at all?

Maybe gibberish was not a good choice of words. I ment that more then 70% of the posts either are unappealing, repeated stuff, or on pointing out the obvious, so I dont even bother reading them at all.

Griffith

DemonX said:
Maybe gibberish was not a good choice of words. I ment that more then 70% of the posts either are unappealing, repeated stuff, or on pointing out the obvious, so I dont even bother reading them at all.

This includes even the posts that directly precede your response and are obviously the basis for the entire discussion? So, you'll be unaware of the conversation, as you were, point out the obvious, repeat stuff, and basically create an unappealing post.

If you don't want to waste your time reading 'em, don't waste our time posting 'em either.

DarkBlademaster

This includes even the posts that directly precede your response and are obviously the basis for the entire discussion? So, you'll be unaware of the conversation, as you were, point out the obvious, repeat stuff, and basically create an unappealing post.

If you don't want to waste your time reading 'em, don't waste our time posting 'em either.

Ill just give up and submit before this throws the thread off track.

Griffith

DemonX said:
Ill just give up and submit before this throws the thread off track.

See, now if you had read, you'd know this thread has been off-track a dozen posts ago. ;)

A BAKER'S DOZEN I SAY!!!

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
How soon do you think it will be until Azan actually meets with the group?
He has been in the last two episodes, but still hasn't really had a re-introduction to the group. I just hope it will be soon. ;)

P

paradise_lost

Headless Death said:
How soon do you think it will be until Azan actually meets with the group?
He has been in the last two episodes, but still hasn't really had a re-introduction to the group.  I just hope it will be soon. ;)

I'm sure it'll be soon ...

;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom