Favorite fights, battles, and duels

You can tell the bug knights aren't apostles because they are serving another one (Roshinu). In the case of Mozgus and his followers as well as goatman, we see them altereed by the egg apostle.

Well, knowing is half the battle. :)

Speaking of battles, another fave of mine was the Neo Hawks' cavalry vs. the forces of Ganishka in Midland.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
You can tell the bug knights aren't apostles because they are serving another one (Roshinu).

Actually, you really just need to pay a minimum of attention to the story to get it... Rochine herself hints at it several times, even the episodes where they appear (105 and 106) are titled "Guardians". They're just random guys that wandered in the valley and were transformed into supernatural lackeys (the same way Rochine transformed children into fake elves). As for the denomination "knights", only 2 of them were knights, and that's why they were stronger, faster, and smarter than the others. Remember that Guts killed dozens of them before these 2 gave him any trouble by fighting together. That's hardly the kind of power you'd expect from an apostle.

Alucalb said:
the Neo Hawks' cavalry vs. the forces of Ganishka in Midland.

I take it you mean in Wyndham specifically, when Locus and his men fought against the Daka and some Pishacha? :guts:

Aazealh said:
I take it you mean in Wyndham specifically, when Locus and his men fought against the Daka and some Pishacha?

Heheh, right, that's what I meant. Of course the other skirmishes were cool, too.

R

-rob-

Alucalb said:
Guts vs. the mantis and rhino beetle

O hell yeah!

I also enjoyed the fight between Guts and Griffith for Guts' freedom. I found it humerous how easily Guts beat him when Griffith was thinking about how he had no problem killing Guts.

Indeed!

kimedog

mmmmmm BEER!
1. Guts w/ Berserker armor vs Grunbeld
2. Guts vs Zodd on Hill of Swords
3. Band of Hawk Demon lancer devision vs Ganishka's demon soldiers

G

God Hand

Favorite Berserk fight scene

I'd have to say my favorite fight scenes are the ones where Guts is fighting Wyald, Guts and Grunbeld, And Guts fighting Zodd on the Grave of the Hawks

Wraith King

I exist in the shadow of my unrealized dream
Guts vs Serpico

on the cliff edge.. i agree with scroto in that fights with a clearer objective seem more interesting anyway that was really a cool confrontation fleshing out Serpico somewhat and was a great change of pase after the last fight - with that great goat..

Favorite fights huh. Well everyone had very good replies. But, it seems that there was one fight scene that people didn't mention.

To me, one of the greatest scenes in the entirety of Berserk was the fight scene at the end of Vol 13. This seems to be overlooked, probably with all that happened in Vol 13. When he meets up with the SkullKnight after running from the cave, and before finding Casca giving birth. His first encounter with the ghosts that he'll always have to fight was awesome. His declaration of war at that point gave me a chill down my spine. He doesn't care that he's fighting things that are already dead, he just wants to kill them again. Saying that it's nothing different from what he did previously was awesome. Ooooohhhh.......still gives me chills.

The battle with Zodd at the hill of swords is my second favorite. After that, the fight with Roshinu. The scene where Jill sees what he looks like covered in blood at the beginning of Vol. 16 is the best single drawing I can think of.

Top Bottom