Gif-a-mania!!!!!

I already scaled it down from the original, it would lose too much detail if I'd still scale it down.
I tried to do some transitional frames between but I like this version the most :eek:

Posted by: hatu  Posted on: Today at 06:42:11 AM 

it would lose too much detail if I'd still scale it down.

exactly opposite  :-X

when you blow things up it looses detail,

when you shrink things it gains detail  :D

heres an example:

here is what you have right now:
behelit.gif

this is a smaller version:
smaller_.gif

it looks better smaller,

and you gain a small tad of contrast when shrinking things,

it could still use a little bit of contrast/brightness fixing on it,

keep playing around with your software,

if you dont have it, get photoshop  ;D

- c

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, and a big version takes too much place anyway, so please use a toned down version like the one 10-4 just showed.

well hatus sig got me in the mood to make a new avatar for the greatest, none other than me  ;D,

so i made one entitled, "nothing more powerful":

nothing_more_powerful.gif

see hatu, you can add more frames and some effects and make somthing alot more noticable,

mine had almost 75 frames,

yours had 2, repeat 2,

dont get me wrong, im not yelling at you or putting you down,

i know you can make a better one, just practice,

if you have any questions holla at me, ill be happy to help  :)

hope everyone enjoys  ;D

- c  8)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
WOW!!  :eek:
That is great work. ;D
Is this also the work of your new dvd ripper software?
Well at first I thought that twenty frames was a good max to shot for when making a gif, but I was wondering, how many frames is too many?
Just wondering, That's all. ;)
I hope to see more of your work in the future. ;D

That's nice looking gif but I didn't have more than those two frames that I found from some site.
Right now I'm coloring one picture that I'll probably replace my current sig with.

Posted by: Headless Death  Posted on: Today at 01:51:41 AM 

WOW!! 
That is great work.
Is this also the work of your new dvd ripper software?
Well at first I thought that twenty frames was a good max to shot for when making a gif, but I was wondering, how many frames is too many?
Just wondering, That's all.
I hope to see more of your work in the future.   

why thank you  ;D

i always appreciate your kindness,

and no i dont use dvd software for gifs, i use power dvd and photoshop  :)

the amount of frames doesnt limit you to making a gif,

its the size of the picture, which affects the size of the file,

i.e.: my latest file is under 800k, which is what i try to stay under, broadband, dsl and cable have no problem with that size, too much bigger and it would lag, so i cap it off there, and 56k, well, 56k laggs getting on the internet so  :-X,

but say i made that gif twice the size, that would be about a 1.6mb file size, thats massive and would have really bad effects,

so frames only matter if the file is too big,

and if you dont wanna wait til the future to see more, browse through the first 10 pages of this thread, you will see some more of a few of the things i have made  :)

thanks again  :D

Posted by: hatu  Posted on: Today at 11:32:39 AM 

That's nice looking gif but I didn't have more than those two frames that I found from some site.

ah, ok then  :)

- c  8)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
hatu said:
Right now I'm coloring one picture that I'll probably replace my current sig with.

Hehe dont feel bad, he just has a perfect chance to show off ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
10-4 said:
i.e.: my latest file is under 800k, which is what i try to stay under, broadband, dsl and cable have no problem with that size, too much bigger and it would lag, so i cap it off there, and 56k, well, 56k laggs getting on the internet so  :-X,

but say i made that gif twice the size, that would be about a 1.6mb file size, thats massive and would have really bad effects,
-c  8)
I thank you for your wisdom. ;D
That means that I may be able to fit the entire poem into a gif instead of only one verse.
Now I know what o work on. ;D

Nice new sig, what styles did you use for the effect? :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
10-4 said:

Well, the problem is when you've got 10 or more signatures/avatars featuring 800kb gifs in the same page...

So from now on, please everyone try to consider this and keep the file size around 500kb at max, it's not because you've got a broadband type connexion that it's ok to impose it to others.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
OK, new guideline noted. ;D
Next week I will begin my new project. :)

I don't beleive he meant to oppose the dial up users, just that he felt that their speed was already slow and they should take that into consideration when deciding wether or not to allow sigs and avas to be displayed. :)

i apologize if the things i make are too big :(,

i will scale them down a tad  :D,

this new avatar i made for me is only 46k ;D:

femto_hollas.gif

i was bored and i wondered what it would look like  :)

what do you think?

- c  8)

ps. that did take a while though  :-X

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
I don't beleive he meant to oppose the dial up users

That's not what I meant, just had the occasion to tell you guys. It's all for a more comfortable viewing of the BBS.

alright redria,

sorry to take so long, im just tired and have been busy,

but here it is, tell me what you think, i added a little extra part  ;D:

arm_loss_rew_2.gif

hopefully you likes its! :)

- c

but of course my friend  ;D

---------

here is a new one i made today,

it was a simple flashing background until the evil eye of griffith took over!!!!! :eek::

griffith_transmission.gif

that mean old griffith!! ;D

- c

Top Bottom