God of war II

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I pounded through God of War 1 a few weeks ago, it was a realy cool game, my brother got and beat God of War 2 within a week of release day so I grabbed his copy and started out on God Mode, he is waiting to take a stab at Titan mode till I am finished.

I am fairly close to the end of the game ( I won't spoil anything by saying what I just finished fighting) and so far, God mode on GoW2 has not been as hard as I found God mode on GoW1 however, I suspect that Titan mode will have all the frustration you could want and more, there are many points in the GoW2 where 2 to 3 hits will kill you on God Mode, so I am speculating Titan mode will probably have a lot of frustrating insta-kills.

Very, very cool games though.

Burned through GoW2 in a weekend and I prefer it by leaps and bounds to the first. The first often left me feeling that it was lacking, graphics were great, score was good, story was ok, etc. etc.

However the second left me blown away and one of the reasons I beat it in all of two days. The story was more interesting, their were much more variety in the enemies, MORE BOSSES, improved (if only slightly but where it counts) battle system, even more incredible graphics, and overall a much more enjoyable experience, no doubt thanks heavily to the excellent pacing.

Sure the end was another one of those Halo 2 style ones, but while that game left me wanting, I cant wait for GOW3!

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well unless the sisters' temple is not that far in, I think I'm close to finishing it.

I don't really have the time to sit down and play for long, so I keep opting to play more Crackdown. That game's addictive... :void:

Crackdown was fun but rather simple, cool, but too shallow for my liking and the art style was a bit meh.

As to GoW2, the only thing that I have truly disliked is the surprising amount of glitches Ive encountered, one that was and is gamebreaking. I beat a certain tentacled boss, ride a mythical creature and suddenly the game gives me the game over screen and when I select continue, it just goes to an endless loading screen... lame!

CnC

Ad Oculos
HawaiianStallion said:
Crackdown was fun but rather simple, cool, but too shallow for my liking and the art style was a bit meh.

And thats right up my alley when I've got 20-30 mins to kill. Plus it can be fun for us achievement whores.

I beat a certain tentacled boss, ride a mythical creature and suddenly the game gives me the game over screen and when I select continue, it just goes to an endless loading screen... lame!

I didn't have that problem, but am I the only who thought said tentacled boss was completely random and lame? That was a 'wtf" moment for me.

CnC said:
I didn't have that problem, but am I the only who thought said tentacled boss was completely random and lame? That was a 'wtf" moment for me.

- Its supposed to be the Kraken from Clash of the Titans, but yeah it does show up fairly randomly.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Titan Mode is proving to be a snarling bitch so far. But I shall conquer it -- I shall :puck:

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
I finish the game in Titan mode, it was very very hard especially for the end of the game before clothos :zodd:
The 2 new costumes gains are AWESOME :ganishka:

i ended it too, i wish gow 3 has more button sequence events for story line events.
(that ride through the woods was cool) you know what I mean?

reminds me of shenmue :)

Uriel said:
Titan Mode is proving to be a snarling bitch so far. But I shall conquer it -- I shall :puck:

Ug titan mode. I'm relatively far. Currently stuck in the room that starts with two cerebus breeders. Once you kill the first two two more come out and there are two juggernauts.

Getting distracted by paper Mario though.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Ho there is one cheat, when you finish the God mode you gain a costume (Dark Odyssey),
but when you finish the Titan mode, you gain 2 costumes (Heracles and Athena costumes) + the God mod costume (Dark Odyssey), so you don't have to finish the God mode to obtain the Dark Odyssey costume :carcus:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Just finished Titan Mode.

Ultimately, it's not as hard as I thought -- only three parts tested me, really. The snarling bitch's bark turned out to be worse than her bite! The last boss' attacks were much more lethal, which took me by surprise! I beat it first time on every single mode so far, but not this time! Still easier than other bosses, but a gratifying fight that'll make me put the game away as a content gamer.

Sadly, the ending will force me to purchase a PS3 =( Those sneaky bastards down as SCEA *shakes fist* :miura:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I can't wait to get another PS2 in order to play this pleasant game with it's wonderful magic and flashing lights! After beating the first game I can no longer play Twilight Princess and enjoy it. DAMN YOU KRATOS!

dwarfkicker said:
God of War: Chains of Olympus for the PSP

http://files.filefront.com/gowcoo_teaseravi/;7337501;/fileinfo.html

Wow, that looks really cool. If only I had a PSP... :judo:

I heard somewhere that the guys who are making these GoW games created them (and whatever future GoW games) to explain why there are no more Greek gods/myths anymore. I think that's really cool.

The glitch I hated in the original God of War was when it came to falling to your death.

If Kratos was climbing a wall, ANY time you fell the game concluded you should die instantly.

So you could be like a foot's length away from a ledge beneath you, but if you fell it was "GAME OVER."

Utterly stupid programming, I can't believe the play testers didn't catch this obvious bug.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I wish I could post a video of how well my bud can string together profanities while playing the challenge of the titans. He's been down in the basement for three hours, and he's only on the the third one!

Top Bottom