Griffith's face

S

Some Guy

Its been asked before in This Thread

To answer your question, the torturer was clearly a twisted individual and Griffith's was most likely horribly butchered and unkept over the course of two years. It is not ever shown clearly or explained in detail exactly what the torturer did to his face, which seems to mean that Muira wanted to leave it up to the reader's imagination.

television_upsidedownface.gif

It looked something like this.

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
And I just want to say, though, that post-torture Griffith is one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen - sure, Griffith wasn't that great of a person, but no one deserves to suffer like that. Death would've been far more merciful than leaving him alive in that pitiful state. And having his old helmet on just makes it a sad parody of his former, shining self. Not to mention the unseen horror of what's under the helmet.
I was almost glad when he became Femto - at least he got rid of that broken body.

Griffith is a great person... he sacrificed more for his dream than anyone, he is a great tactician, and in his quest for power he even did things that would seem revolting, but were done for his dream, and also had done things for his band (like sleeping with the old man).

People have commented on his greatness in the manga. If your referring to the fact he sacrificed his entire band of hawks to the god-hand then you have to realize exactly what you said, none deserves that type of torture (it defiantly won't bring Charlotte's virginity back). He had been tortured for a very long time. Not only tortured (as I think he could wistand torture), his body was mutilated to the point where none would except him as a king, or a leader (Guts would have taken over that role if things had turned). The one thing that mattered most to him, had been taken away; his dream.

The torture didn't matter that much, It was the mutilation ,and the loss of the dream that mattered.

Griffith's eyes were one of the main features of his character. His eyes like an character dream, and when Guts looked at him... he saw the eyes dim, and dead. That's why I think he shuttered, that the torturer had taken the flare out of Griffith (everything that composed Griffith's idea of himself).

Plus Griffith had Causality working for his transformation to Femto. Sure he sacrificed his band of hawks, but he didn't make the decision right away; it took convincing. Also to Griffith the only way to live is to become king, his entire philosophy revolves around his dream... without it he is nothing but a man in rags.

Is it for you to decide who gets eaten when there's only humans to eat?

Off topic, but one on topic paragraph.

Top Bottom