Guts vs Zodd second fight by Noggi

This YouTuber and animator Noggi has animated the manga panels of the second Guts & Zodd fight from the manga. He details the process which he used to make the animation first, for some reason, and after he plugs his newsletter, you can finally watch the animated sequence in the end (minute 15:03).

You can finally watch the animated sequence in the end (minute 15:03).
Can't argue this is a talented person, but with the overuse of impact frames akin to modern One Piece, the attack being boosted to nonsensical levels and a slow motion shot every couple seconds... This feels nothing like Berserk. More like a typical modern shonen anime.
Decent job though, maybe some of my complaints are addressed in the rest of the video as I only watched the animation.

Last edited:
This feels nothing like Berserk. More like a typical modern shonen anime.

Indeed, it shows that just being an animator isn't enough to make a cool animation. Directorial knowledge is a necessity. It also shows that without buildup a fight can be really lame. A person might know that already if he's seen any recorded street fight. And all of his references were Shonen anime.
Sorry to say, but of all the fanproject animations I've seen shared here, this looks the worst...

I sort of agree, but at least it's quick and something. The others were either nothing or too long, I think.

Last edited:
This YouTuber and animator Noggi has animated the manga panels of the second Guts & Zodd fight from the manga. He details the process which he used to make the animation first, for some reason, and after he plugs his newsletter, you can finally watch the animated sequence in the end (minute 15:03).
I think he spent too much time on the first frames and not enough in the whole scene.
The animation looks nice in the beginning, but a little overdone, after the first sword clash, it gets really weird.

It's a nice effort though, I hope this animator gets better with time.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
I like how the thumbnail says "THIS IS 3D" as if we're supposed to be surprised that it isn't hand-drawn 2D.

That said, it's a good effort. Though, the pacing is pretty wonky.

I like how the thumbnail says "THIS IS 3D" as if we're supposed to be surprised that it isn't hand-drawn 2D.

That said, it's a good effort. Though, the pacing is pretty wonky.
I think he's trying to say it looks so good it could be 2D digital or hand drawn. I really don't think the technology or his skills are there yet.
The animation looks nice in the beginning, but a little overdone, after the first sword clash, it gets really weird.
It's literally on the level of "Mortal Kombat The Journey Begins" with its lack of weight and "umph".

I mean, yeah, he put effort into it and he did a much better job than I could, but, come on. It's really hard to say this is good or say anything positive about it at all.

Top Bottom