Hellraiser's Cenobites and the God Hand Members

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Filthy Wretch said:
I like chatterbox

Void is sort of like the Pinhead guy, with Chatterbox's ripped up mouth and the Butterball guy's sewn shut eyes. Conrad and Ubik look like the Butterball cenobite.

LG

incognitoX

you fail me
Lady Griffith said:
Void is sort of like the Pinhead guy, with Chatterbox's ripped up mouth and the Butterball guy's sewn shut eyes. Conrad and Ubik look like the Butterball cenobite.

LG

Slan must be the hottest cenobite esque person ever then.. ;D

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
incognitoX said:
Slan must be the hottest cenobite esque person ever then.. ;D

Which is why she is definitely a good God Hand to speculate about. SK called her the "mother of all prostitutes." And I'm assuming she must have been.Maybe not the 'mother' of all hookers LOL but definitely someone who could sell herself for a high price ;) Maybe to Void or even SK!
LG

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Lady Griffith said:
Hellraiser was about the spectrum of the darkest side of humanity. I read the book the Hellbound Heart, and in it, it goes much deeper than the movie did. Definitely Slann is a sadomasochist though. Wonder what her specialty was as a prostitute. Bondage? LOL

Well, I wouldn't mind tying Slan up myself. :D

But seriously now, this all just shows that live-action movie versions always suck. I didn't really like the Hellraiser movies, I didn't feel true horror and the acting was horrible. The only thing that scared or rather disgusted me in the movie were the things that that guy did to those rats; for some reason I really can't stand seeing animals being mutilated. The Cenobites were cool, though, but their views on torture were quite soft and lame in my opinion. They just rip people apart with some fishing hooks and that's it, and always in the exact same boring way. I don't call that experiencing true pain, at least not compared to some other medieval methods of torture I know about. Griffith for instance had to endure a full year of slow torture and constant pain and misery. He experienced far more pain than the cenobites or other people in the movie ever did.

Also, the idea that one can experience pleasure through extreme pain is quite silly. Extreme pain is not pleasurable at all and will only give you a severe traumatic experience, or even death. However, lesser amounts of pain causes your brain to release endorphins (self-produced morphine) and will also cause your tactile senses to become hypersensitive for a while. So after some pain and discomfort your body will start to react extra sensitive to touch and will also feel the pleasurable effects of the released endorphins at the same time. But it's not the pain itself that gives you the pleasure, though, it's the feeling directly after the pain subsides. I believe this is also the very essence of what we call SM, and why people like it so much.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Hmm...well, I posted a long, rambling thing about Slan and how I think she is like Lilith (not the Darkstalkers chick) in the Who were Void and Slann thread...there are some things that oculd be taken from that post and put here, but the topic is slightly different.

Again, I'll say I haven't read anything of the manga except basic plot summaries so far, but that'll change.

Anyways, if you think about why Slann looks the way she does, maybe it was the God's Hand themselves that chose their appearances. Griffith does seem to choose his own appearance as Femto, with wings and wearing the mask still. But I don't think they actually thought or conceptualized their appearances...it was their inner emotions and feelings that dictated what they came out looking like. But I can't really speculate what Conrad or Void or the other guy were feeling at the time...which is why it makes more sense that their inner feelings/emotions/state of mind at the time dictated their appearance as opposed to them actually thinking and picturing to look a certain way.

Experiencing extreme pain is ultimately a release, and when that happens, the line between ultimate pain and ultimate pleasure becomes blurred, making them virtually the same thing. The intensity of the feeling, the emotion from either is nearly the same...you are writhing either way. There is nowhere else to go once you go past the ultimate pain. Griffith was floating during his transformation in the anime, saying how it was strange he no longer felt anything for anyone and how he had sinned so much already. His pain had reached its brink and was now spilling over, turning into pleasure. He had no more remorse for what he had done to everyone and could only turn it into something else (I'm not necessarily calling that "something else" pleasure).

There is another interesting perspective on the whole ultimate pleasure/pain thing to be found in BDSM (bondage, dominance, submission, sadism, masochism, etc). You could be made to completely give yourself up to a person. You could be subjugated to things you would think were so horrible that you could absolutely not bear them...but when they happen, and it is happening to please another, you somehow find endurance...and the more it happens, the more that you submit, the line between your torture and your pleasure becomes blurred.

I will post more on the strange BDSM thing when I have more time later, cause some of you will read this now and go "what the..." . Just wait till I come back to explain more..yarr

Top Bottom