How bout the Best animes!!

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Doa Viem said:
I saw an anime the other day called or something like that Freedom man. It had a picture of a dude whom liked ALOT like bruce lee on the cover. Has anyone seen this an is it good?

It's called "Crying Freeman"
They even made it into a live action Chinese movie.

But my personal favorites are Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Key the Metal Idol, and Utena.

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Makkuro said:
Wouldn't know about that, but there's an American (at least I think it's American) live action version. If anyone's interested: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0112750

No, it's French. It's by Christopher Gans, the same fellow responsible for "Brotherhood of the Wolves". Both animated and live-action versions of "Crying Freeman" are supposed to be good.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
Bok Choy [Stir-fried with Rice] said:
No, it's French. It's by Christopher Gans, the same fellow responsible for "Brotherhood of the Wolves". Both animated and live-action versions of "Crying Freeman" are supposed to be good.

Oh. Well, they speak English, anyway, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't dubbed. It's been a few years since I saw it, though. All I really remember is that Shimada Yôko (from Shôgun) was in it.

P

psymont

http://www.animesuki.com/

whats good on the series page that doesnt involve large mechs or large breasts? ya know, i want plot driven stuff

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Angel Sanctuary was made into an anime? I mean, you guys aren't counting that shitty OVA piece of crap are you? I was like...uhhh where's the rest of the story?!@@! I wish they would put the Angel Sanctuary manga out here some time... I want to read it. :(

As for my faves, the Kenshin OVAs are really great, though I haven't seen the latest one they put out that I guess ends the series.
Do You Remember Love, the Macross movie is another fave of mine.
Kiki's Delivery Service, and then most all other Miyazaki films...
Chobits, I really really like. It reminds me of Love Hina in some ways...mainly cause Hideki and Keitaro seem so alike sometimes.
Vandread is pretty good.
X...it's good so far, but I'm still waiting for some action.

And everything else is CRAP! I mean...just kidding. :)

Any of you seen Macross Zero? :eek:

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
number18 said:
Any of you seen Macross Zero? :eek:

Not yet, but I have it on my hard-drive and I previewed some of it... the animation is fricking amazing! Is it any good 'cause I have a backlog of anime to watch on my computer and Macross Zero is near the bottom of the list...

G

Genn21

Macross is a good. One can never deny it was a founding series of anime in america. ( beside akira ) everyone does remember all those old macross toy's you know the ones that turned in a robot from a airplane. I will always have faith in most macross movies.

for me i prefer emotionally shallow anime with constant death and gore. i like to be able to feel the blood-spray ;D. so basically i like berserk, Vampire Hunter D, Noir, Ninja Scroll, The Hakkendan, and Golgo13. and if it has japanese comedy in it, i tend to shy away from it. otherwise i would watch trigun...whenever tenchi was on CN my eyes would roll back into my head and i'd lose all control over my bowels....however Miyazaki does some good stuff

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
DiS | cYpHeR said:
for me i prefer emotionally shallow anime with constant death and gore. i like to be able to feel the blood-spray ;D. so basically i like berserk,
Berserk only meets one of those criteria

Top Bottom