Votes: 0 0.0%
  • one year

• two years

• Over 2 plus years

• Total voters
Knew about Berserk for 2 years read a summary about on the net.Finally saw the anime early this year I think January or Feb was when I saw it. Since then I been crazy about Berserk and annoyed by it when my friends keep asking me if their will be a second season. >:(

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
1996, when it was released in Italy. The volumes there were actually half of the original volumes, and their price today is quite ridiculous. I might have a little treasure in my manga closet (half volume 1 runs about 20$ at the right comic fair, which occasionaly, I never visited).

So Berserk is more than just your average japanese medieval supergore life changing story.
It's an investment.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Heh, sience I watched the anime in june 03, i got crazy when I wasn't satisfied with the crappy ending they rushed in. Now im an addict.

lbrown726

God-Emperor of the llamas!
I said 6 months, but now that I think about it, it was a little longer than that, last summer or so was when I first watched Vol. 1 of the anime. Didn't like it much at all at first, but by the third volume, I had to know how the story ended. I still haven't seen the last volume - I scoured the net to find sites like this, so I know how it ends, and where it goes from there. Awesome!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Got into it around February of 2002, so not quite 2+ years :-\ Almost veteran, dammit!

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
It has been two plus here. I saw the first three episodes over at a friends house on a fansub tape, and about three months after that it was released on HK DVD. The rest is history. ;)

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I watched the anime roughly 3-4 years ago, I read the manga a couple months after that. So far I have read the whole thing about 3 times. Lost children and all Farnese volumes I have read about 5 times each.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Watched the anime by chance in June 2002 (I only remember because Volume 23 had just come out at the time), did not like it but was intrigued, found the manga online and loved it, and well, ended up here.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
since the game when it came out i looked at the back cover and damn! i love beat them ups plus this guy had a HUGE sword. so after playing it i couldnt get a grip of the story, then i found out about the anime then the manga!

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I know I knew the anime before the release of the game. That's after the game and seeing Skully in the end I plunged more into it. I duno let's say about 2000 like Bob.

Guil

BOB

poruno sutâ
ah the good old times

http://web.archive.org/web/20010306104822/physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/214.html

and for ranemaka
http://web.archive.org/web/20030425023026/physics.scsu.edu/~jobien/berserk/messageboard/messages/63.html

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
I believe I watched the fansubs as they came out... so 1998/1999? It was a while ago, then I got into the manga through some inter net sites, like black sun... oh and some scans of the post-eclipse on a very old version of this web site I think.... that was a while ago.

Definately a series that held my attention for longer than usual.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I saw some episodes Sophomore year of college, but didn't get really hooked until I saw the rest Junior year, and picked up the manga. Berserk breaks helped me through countless all-nighters! Ah, the college days...

I've watched fansub more than 2 years ago.. i was still in college and my friend that was watching it was still near my house and he moved about a year and a half ago. I knew about sk.net for a long time and came to read in the faq/misc sections but nothing about the BBS. Last spring i thought about it again and everything about Skull Knight because we don't see him in the anime so i looked for scans on Kazaa and I read vol1 to vol 24 in 2 weeks.. and after that i registered here !

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
krunkster said:
I believe I watched the fansubs as they came out... so 1998/1999? It was a while ago, then I got into the manga through some inter net sites, like black sun... oh and some scans of the post-eclipse on a very old version of this web site I think.... that was a while ago.

Definately a series that held my attention for longer than usual.

My first Berserk introduction was the anime. I went to Black Sun Over Midland after that and then found SK. Whatever happened to that BSOM? I thought that site had some great images and links.

I honestly can't remember when I first heard of Berserk.

I just remember watching the first episode, cringing at the site of Gut's shooting quite a few arrows into the face of a demon.

Even though I didn't like it at first, the story did grow on me.

I don't think an anime/manga has been able to replicate the sick twisting in my chest as I watched the eclipse kill off my favorite characters. :'(

I have the six dvds that were released as well as volume 1 of the manga.

I can't thank the people enough who have scanned and/or translated the chapters that have yet to be published in the U.S.

;)

Nostalgic-Savage

"Talk the talk but do u walk the walk?!"
about six month....a friend of mine told me to watch it.....he found about it from his private math teacher (cool).....and now im addicted to it like im addicted to cats! :p

Top Bottom