How many more volumes you think Berserk will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I want berserk to go on for a VERY long time, since it is the best manga I have ever encountered. I am worried however as to DC slowness. You see, the only berserk manga I can get my hands on is Dark Horse`s, and they are around volume five!! At present translation speed I am going to be at least 30 before I get to read volume 25(and I`m 16 now, mind you)

D

darkbane

Roine said:
.....Whatever i still think things are gonna speed up soon since nothing "God Handish" has happened for long!
(pretty stubborn, ain't i?)

I disagree. At the current pace it is not likely to finish soon, and also a sudden change of pace at this point does not seem very likely (and would be unnatural). Wasn't there a quote a couple of volumes back, something to the effect of "we're all starring in a story with no ending in sight"?  ;D (I think this was when Griffith appeared in town and was joined by Locus etc)

Well, as long as it gets done in my lifetime, I won't complain. Especially seeing that, compared to a lot of other action manga, Berserk has very high quality of story-telling.

Khorne said:
...I am worried however as to DC slowness. You see, the only berserk manga I can get my hands on is Dark Horse`s, and they are around volume five!! ...

I don't know if any other english editions are available, but if you can read german then you could order it from europe. Planet Manga publishes german volumes rather fast, they're at #26 already. Well, german's easy to learn so you might know it and read german volumes already faster than DC getting to volume 26, lol. Then there's always japanese too but that's quite a lot harder eh.

EDIT: A discussion following this comment is available here: The different localized versions of Berserk (Berserk Miscellaneous section)

N

NofrikinfuN

Hopefully, many more will come. I need an interesting read. :D

However, if I ever scrounge up the cash to buy the first few english volumes, I may quickly become impatient for the rest to be released.

P

paradise_lost

Smith said:
I am feeling that Berserk is only beggining right now...

These words let me think a lot about my best speculation ... my vision is really near to your vision, Smith ... can u imagine a world with a past, a present and a future time? There we are in Berserk ... and actually we know:

No more than 20% of the past situations ...

No more than 40% of the present situation ...

Nothing about the future ...

How it's possible then to say than Berserk 'll finish soon?

These are only a little part of misteries of the past we'll have to clarify ...

Who is Skully? Who is Zodd? Who is Gatts' father? What is exactly Idea? How it go? What is Elfheim? Where is? IT's so far? And ... what kind of spirits Gatts 'll find there? Who is really Silatt? And what about Barkilaka? What's more on Myur/Mule? Caska'll solve her situation? What about the moon baby? What's more on Charlotte? And Locus? And Rakashas? And ...

I stop myself now. IT's time not to think how long 'll last Berserk, it's time now to FEEL INSIDE what is Berserk ...

;)

paradise_lost said:
There we are in Berserk ... and actually we know:

No more than 20% of the past situations ...

No more than 40% of the present situation ...

Nothing about the future ...

How it's possible then to say than Berserk 'll finish soon?

These are only a little part of misteries of the past we'll have to clarify ...

Who is Skully? Who is Zodd? Who is Guts' father? What is exactly Idea? How it go? What is Elfhelm? Where is? IT's so far? And ... what kind of spirits Guts 'll find there? Who is really Silatt? And what about Barkilaka? What's more on Myur/Mule? Caska'll solve her situation? What about the moon baby? What's more on Charlotte? And Locus? And Rakashas? And ...

I'm sure Berserk has a long way to come yet, but that doesn't mean they will explain everything by the time the Manga finishes. We may never know the backround of all the Godhand members or important Apostles, there may never be any talk on who Guts or Griffiths parents were and so on.

Having said that the story continues to go deeper and deeper, I don't expect it to be finished by volume 50... but I'm not too sure if it will make it to 100 volumes either. In any case it has been said that Miura wanted to work on other Manga after Berserk so...

P

paradise_lost

Sparnage said:
I'm sure Berserk has a long way to come yet, but that doesn't mean they will explain everything by the time the Manga finishes. We may never know the backround of all the Godhand members or important Apostles, there may never be any talk on who Guts or Griffiths parents were and so on.

Having said that the story continues to go deeper and deeper, I don't expect it to be finished by volume 50... but I'm not too sure if it will make it to 100 volumes either. In any case it has been said that Miura wanted to work on other Manga after Berserk so...

U could be right Sparnage, but in my opinion it's not the same to know the background of Wyald, for instance, and of Gatts. I'm sure we'll know the background of Gatts and at the same I really don't care about the background of Wyald ...

:p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this thread has come a long way since the day it was posted, 2 years ago. It's now old and tired, and so I think we should all let it rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom