Irvine's Apostle Form

To me though, I don't think a manticore goes with Irvine for some reason, its a logical guess but I always thought his form would be somewhat "elegant" and smooth similar to how Locus is, and a hairy grumbled face beast with a scorpion tail doesn't go with that. Also he is blind with a demonic eye on his bow so I was thinking perhaps his apostle form would have a WHOLE bunch of those demonic eyes all over him. I mean it would be pretty horrific if when he transformed all these eyes open everywhere looking at you and then all this dangerous projectiles go flying towards you, and then when you get a good luck at him he is some elegant demon-like being.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
There have been some pretty creative apostle designs over the years, and I expect Irvine will not disappoint in this regard. Just opinion, but I think his bow will become part of his head, maybe horns. The Eye will be in the center of his skull and he would spit arrowlike projectiles from his mouth. Overall, the body would remain somewhat sinuous, much like he was as a human. Either his arms would grow slightly longer, or his legs slightly shorter, but either way, it would make him capable of scrambling about on all-fours as speedily as he could run upright. Also, he would be a little shorter than Zodd's apostle form-maybe eight feet instead of twelve. Purely my own speculation though.*

* What forum name is displayed before the thread title?

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
Yeah, that part of his speech is interesting and I couldn't help but instantly relate it to the way he became an apostle, it's just too tempting to deduce. I don't think it really hints at what he might transform into, but it sure implies a lot about how he came to this point and how he feels about it.

Well the ballista idea was actually mentioned several times in the past. :SK:

I'm glad I checked through the thread to see if anyone else picked up on that. To me it indicates that since he most likely found himself at Death's door as a result of trying to hunt something down through the wilderness: He then asked to be made into the ultimate hunter or his vision of an ultimate hunter. I wonder what that was, strictly his ideal vision? Could it have been what he was hunting?
. . . I've got it for sure this time! Irvine's apostle form is a Bombardier beetle!

Okay, seriously though. This also brings up something that I have wondered about the Sentient side of the nature of apostles. What makes me wonder about this is the behavior of the apostles during the eclipse in terms of how savage and feral they act as they devour the Hawks alive.
is that degree of viciousness common behavior for the average apostle? Or was it somehow encouraged due the nature of the ceremony?
I'm thinking that there are some apostles who just have a greater deal of focus and concerns; Zodd, Rochine and the Beherit Apostle all have goals of some kind that seem to keep them focused and using their intellects instead of reverting to a base existence . . . It also seems apparent that they don't all eat human flesh either. Which conjures up somewhat humorous visions of Zodd in his apostle form descending upon a herd of cattle to gorge himself. Then there are those who appear to eagerly act in a feral manner in order to further escape and distance themselves from humanity. Such as the Counts, one of which acts in a cruel, savage manner as if for the sake of denying his former humanity (the exception being when it comes to his daughter), while the other acts in a cruel, savage manner simply for the sake of it
Therefore, it appears to me that the philosophical concept of do as thou will is echoed in the Nature of apostles.

Irvine's apostle form may actually be his bow evolving into some sort of bow/creature, or just a stronger demonic bow with little changes to Irvine, also I bet Irvine sacrificed his eyes. :isidro:

well, one is a dragon, another is a centaur, i think that irvine will take another mithological form. He has one eye (the bow) perhaps a cyclops?

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Umm...I'm thinking a wasp that shoots arrows, but that would be too much like Rochine. In fact, any apostle form of an insect will look like Rochine's minions. I keep looking at scorpions though, and just think that looks too cool to not be an apostle. Scorpions aren't insects also.

I was going to find some pictures, but then I found this drinks made with whole edible snakes and scorpions in the bottle:

https://www.thailandunique.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_11&zenid=d5da87340e69d92f1680ed90234a081b

I'm going to go buy some BBQ'ed scorpion and dung beetle now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pjboom said:
i think that irvine will take another mithological form. He has one eye (the bow) perhaps a cyclops?

Irvine has two eyes on his face, unlike the Cyclops who only had one in the middle of their forehead. He's just blind. Besides, the Cyclops-archetype doesn't fit his character at all.

DoM

I'm a llama!
I think Irvine in his apostle form :

- will keep the general shape of a human, with maybe minor modifications in the shape of his hands and feet. He will grow a little while keeping a thin figure.
- he will be very fast and light, in order to be able to jump from roof to roof very quickly, and to be able to escape easily from any close-combat situation
- his bow will not merge with his body but will grow longer and the eye on it will grow larger.
- his body will somehow be able to produce special arrows made of organic material that will have special effects on their targets
- his eyes will stay white but grow a little bigger and change in shape

He will continue to fight at a long-range, constantly changing position at a very fast pace, and probably even be able to shoot very accuratly while moving.

Another possibility is that Irvines apostle form will look like a mythological hunting god, anything from Herlathing to Perchta. I personally wouldn't mind if he looked like a Humanoid deer, Sort of like Hircine from bloodmoon or Herne the hunter.

Top Bottom