Is Guts more powerful from living in the Interstice?

dejectedgeek said:
Guts was just a really strong person to begin with, before the Eclipse stuff, since he trained at a higher level than whatever he was supposed to at his age. Living in the Interstice has just made him more attuned to that world and so he can see/touch all those things...that's what the manga said anyway.

The Dragonslayer on the other hand has gotten very powerful from slicing through the hundreds upon thousands of monsters and the apostles. Guts himself explained it during the Lost Children arc, IIRC, something about the sword stopping their spirit or something.

It has been more or less clarified as a solid theory that Guts sword has definitely been spiritually amplified as said, but that doesn't rule out the possibility that he hasn't lost some physical limitations from being there for so long.
Even so when Schierke mentions "Is it because he's been in the 'interstice' so long where the spirit can influence it's physical surroundings, or...? The shadow around that sword.... " when first watching Guts kill trolls so easily, it didn't sound like a "It could be this as well" sort of joint theory, rather it sounded more like a "or.... it could just be the sword alone" speculation.

If only one of the speculations was accurate, it would definitely be the second mentioned, and though it's believable his strength increased so much more because of the branding, it is clear that even before he was the Black Swordsman he was ever growing more powerful at a rapid rate as every year passed.

We must also consider all the beings that live in the interstice and how they are more powerful than beings in the physical world alone; Apostles, Flora, Skully, Trolls, Qliphoth, the dead that attack Guts which aren't overly powerful but take into consideration they are powerless in the physical world alone. Guts also lives in the same realm as all these beings so....

In short, I dunno.

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency
I think there is evidence that Skully is branded, because of the way Zodd comments on Skully leading Guts through the path that Skully took.

stifler said:
I think there is evidence that Skully is branded, because of the way Zodd comments on Skully leading Guts through the path that Skully took.

I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood... Zodd was referring to the Berserk armour, it seems that SK had indeed fought with that armour before.

I got a question that is sort-of on topic.

Without taking in consideration the 24/7 danger he faces.

I wanna know if he's going to live longer. The suggested lifespan of the normal human being in the berserk world should be around 60 years, if I'm not mistaken. So would Guts get to live to 100+ years and age slower now that he lives in the interstice?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kyoke said:
So would Guts get to live to 100+ years and age slower now that he lives in the interstice?

Hard to say, but remember that Flora lived for a loooong time, even if in the end she couldn't get out of her mansion. So I think that he'll probably live longer than a common man, yeah.

Nickoten

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Do you think he was suddenly stronger because he was Branded right there and then?

I don't know whether the brand affected him, but I think the adrenaline rush from seeing all those monsters killing his friends and what was happening to Caska probably gave a big enough push "over the edge" to make him survive as long as he did in there. Maybe moreso than the brand, if it indeed does make him stronger.

Nickoten said:
I don't know whether the brand affected him, but I think the adrenaline rush from seeing all those monsters killing his friends and what was happening to Casca probably gave a big enough push "over the edge" to make him survive as long as he did in there. Maybe moreso than the brand, if it indeed does make him stronger.

Yep, the brand did make him stronger, the pain it followed everytime monster attack him will constantly remind him who did this to him, and therefore pushing him to exact his revenge on the monster itself... Might be due to the adrenaline rush perhap? But i believe the brand does make him stronger... As the saying goes... Something that doesn't kill you make u stronger..

Anyway i believe that a few hours of event in the eclipse have improved his skills by leaps and bound... Even exceeding few years of training...

If he never experienced the tragic event in the eclipse himself do you think he will be able to wield that giant DS as well as he did when he use it for the 1st time to kill the pig apostles back in vol 14?

Top Bottom