Jap Manga in Color!?!

wuwei

hmm...
i was lookin at some pics at yongs sight of the characters in the book, and they all seemed to be pics i remembered straight from the comics, only they were colored. hence the question.

id be SO pissed off that i didnt get the colored comics and now im stuck with black and white simply cause i didnt get the orgional stuff straight from japan.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Currently, all the Berserk volumes, 1-21, are in black and white. The covers are in color, but the actual manga is ink or whatever they use. (???)

However, the latest chapter (192) is in color...though I am not sure if the entire chapter is.

bebpo

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
actually, there is a 1 page color ad for vol.22 in the latest issue only, not the actual chapter.  I personally haven't seen any Berserk color pages, but I do know that a lot manga series do the first 1-2 pages in full color every couple of months (Kenshin,One Piece), but some do it differently (X has 1 full-page color piece of art before each chapter every month).  So for the people who've been getting Young Animal for more than a year, have any of the actual manga openings had a color page?  Actual chapter content I mean, not an ad or a stand-alone color pic.

--bebpo

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
i was lookin at some pics at yongs sight of the characters in the book, and they all seemed to be pics i remembered straight from the comics, only they were colored.  hence the question.

id be SO pissed off that i didnt get the colored comics and now im stuck with black and white simply cause i didnt get the orgional stuff straight from japan.

As far as I know It's always been a black and white comic but Miura does art in color as well. The first two pages in Berserk volume 1 were in color (when he was banging that apostle chick). Which is available in the berserk illustration file in color (along with a couple of other older manga drawings). Besides that it could be the old berserk 1998 calender which was all in color.

I'd rather not have any color art because, from the ones I've seen it comes off very smudgy when transfered to the smaller, black and white tankoban. But I'm sure when the second illustration file comes out all those color shots will be included (along with the possibility of Chapter 83 being reprinted).

Top Bottom