lone wolf and cub

BOB

poruno sutâ
Just curious. What does everybody think of this oldie? Manga as well as the 6 films.

IMO it really stands out as a great Samurai epic, very much influencing stuff like kenshin or BOTI.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Just curious. What does everybody think of this oldie? Manga as well as the 6 films.

IMO it really stands out as a great Samurai epic, very much influencing stuff like kenshin or BOTI.

I saw a couple of the films not to long ago. It's good but not as good as I remembered them to be when I was younger. If anything I like the "Sleepy Eyes of Death" series. It was the first series to have a super move. It was the first to introduce the super move in anyway. It's all from the same studio Daiei (sp?). I like that series much more. ;)

CnC

Ad Oculos
my room-mate last year was really into this one... never looked at it myself.

...perhaps i should

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Lone wolf....
oooh the series.
The first time I saw it, I immediately fel in love with it.
The mud, the fat ugly unshaved needabarber hero, the mud, the gracious cutting of limbs, the spraying blood...ooh so much memories.
That I believe is a rreal masterpiece.
It's very real, at elast for my standards. I haven't actually understood a single word, but their faces spoke clear enough. Somebody had to go, and it was the 50 samurai threatening the fatso with a baby.

Way cool. ;D

BOB

poruno sutâ
I saw a couple of the films not to long ago. It's good but not as good as I remembered them to be when I was younger. If anything I like the "Sleepy Eyes of Death" series.

Actually part 2 and part 5 of sleepy eyes of death are directed by Kenji Misumi who did the whole lone wolf series.
What sucks is that the sleepy eyes series is not out on DVD yet and i don't have LD.

However to those who haven't seen Okami (lone wolf and cub)
there's an easy to find version called Shogun assassin which is actually not that good because B-movie god Roger Corman simply took part one and two of the series and had lots of the traditional parts cut out so there's basically the hack & slay game left.

There's also a manga series out which is great (if you like manga from the sixties)

Top Bottom