Metalocalypse, HOLY CRAP!

Meathook

The World Eaters are here to save us!
Ok ok ok ok, whoa!  This is from the guy who did Home Movies.  You know, Brendon Small.  I'm not really a huge fan of metal, but this ... this is hardcore!  This is like .... Korgoth hardcore.  I don't get adultswim so this is like .... whoa.

Anyway, I found a few in youtube and though I'd chuck em up. 

Metalocalypse preview disc Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvzbVT9ld8&mode=related&search=
Metalocalypse preview disc Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsWiS8mxT0&mode=related&search=
Metalocalypse- All Will Be Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7o-q-1DZE&mode=related&search=
Metalocalypse - Mermaider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzm_IMq_-XY&mode=related&search=

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
My buddy has subjected me to the torture of watching two episodes of this show. I must honestly say that the show is pretty lame but thats just my opinion. I do think it does well as a parody but thats about it. Besides, why bother with this when there is new Venture Brothers and Futurama reruns? (Futurama NEVER gets old) I'm sorry I can't share your enthusiasm Meathook, if only they'd make Industrialocalypse then I'd be interested. And don't forget to see KMFDM this fall with Combichrist!

handsome rakshas said:
And don't forget to see KMFDM this fall with Combichrist!

Gah!! I do love my Combichrist.

But with the exception of Futurama, Family Guy, and Robot Chicken, i really dont like any of the shows that Adult Swim is composed of. I've tried to get into a couple of them with no results. Even though i can do an exact Meat-wad impression that cracks my friends up everytime.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
This is Bullshit! Why hasnt KMFDM come back to Japan?! :judo:

I was in the military when they came over here and I missed it! ::shakes angry fist in the air::

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Saw the first episode and was underwhelmed. I think Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force were my faves. The new wave of stuff just doesn't impress me (besides Futurama and Family Guy, but those just migrated from other channels.)

Sealab was good before they replaced Captain Murphy. Aqua Teen is almost always gold. Venture Bros is by far the most entertaining show they've got. But this new one is just funny shit. It's not great but it's entertaining.

I can't wait until they bring us more Korgoth.

It had its moments but overall it was rather boring and unmetal for a show about a heavy metal super band. I mean most of the time they're just sitting around not doing anything... that and the animation can look ugly at times.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Metalocalypse: CRAP!

That kind of sums up the irony of the "cartoon" network, nowadays. =)

"Did you hear about adult swim's new awesome series with violence, swearing, and tepidly obscene jokes!? I hear it's even animated!"

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
dwarfkicker said:
Sealab was good before they replaced Captain Murphy. 

The guy that did the voice of Captain Murphy died from some type of cancer. And out side of Sealab and the Venture brothers I don't think I'd watch Cartoon Network. [Then agian i don't watch Cartoon Network :troll:]

I watch Kids Next Door sometimes, its not bad for a kids show with all the weird pop culture references (an entire episode based off the animatrix for example) and Venture Brothers. Hopefully Korgoth is good a series as it was a pilot.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I draw the line at Venture Brothers. Metalocalypse looked promising, seeing as I listen to some Death Metal, but it just disappointed.

Uriel said:
I draw the line at Venture Brothers. Metalocalypse looked promising, seeing as I listen to some Death Metal, but it just disappointed.

I see the problem with Metalocalypse is that the commercials looked awesome, it was either them riding that huge motorcycle or the governmant talking about them like they were some evil second coming. I expected an adventure show about a death metal band, instead I got the day in the life of a death metal band (which is rather odd as they dont DO ANYTHING).

The show is decidely un metal though this weeks ep looks kind of cool with Deth Clok having to put some giant mountain troll back to sleep after waking him up. Seriously though, I'm not sure where this show is going.

Meathook

The World Eaters are here to save us!
I see the problem with Metalocalypse is that the commercials looked awesome, it was either them riding that huge motorcycle or the government talking about them like they were some evil second coming. I expected an adventure show about a death metal band, instead I got the day in the life of a death metal band (which is rather odd as they don't DO ANYTHING).

I can see where your coming from on that, but you gotta remember, it is only the first 2 or three episodes. So they may well make a bit more headway into a solid plot later on in the next few episodes.

Well I caught last night's ep, dethtroll where the band goes to Finland to apologize for destroying the country by singing a song that wakes a giant lake troll up. This ep was a lot better than the other's I saw, the jokes were better, were much more frequent and overall the ep was much better. The animation also seemed a lot better as well.

I have loved the shit out of this show so far, but I have to say the fifth episode was HORRID. The first two were awesome, the third and fourth entertaining, but the fifth? The dethcomedy episode was such a miss that it might kill the series by itself.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Okay.

Lets me explains again in prafictly clear englesh: I wants flys in on a dragons, okay? HOW MANY TIMES I GOT TO TELL THESE PEOPLES!?!?

Season 2 starts soon. I'm quite looking forward to it.

S

smoke

There hasn't been a single episode of this show that wasn't insanely awesome. I also love most shows on AS, except ironically their shitty anime selection.
Shows from AS I like: Venture Brothers, Moral Orel, Korgorth, ATHF, Harvey Birdman, Space Ghost, Robot Chicken, etc. Note I didn't mention Futurama or Family Guy. As I've been watching AS as long as it's existed, I am sick to FUCK of those shows. I never liked them that much to begin with. I got into AS because of Cowboy Bebop, one of their few awesome animes.

I watched Bebop when it first aired (The night of my birthday by chance, was bored) when AS first launched and Bebop was on. Terrible about Murphy, I never found out till this thread why he "went to Russia" and Sealab went off. Sigh.

As for metalocalypse, it was something I was incredibly leery of until I watched it, love it now. I completely missed the start of season 2 sadly, hopefully I'll catch it this weekend.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Some of its pretty slow, but there are a few really funny episodes. Anything with Doctor Rockso is hilarious. "I DO COCAAAAAINE!"

Metalocalypse is funny, but not on the same level as Venture Brothers or ATHF. Robot Chicken is funnier usually, but some episodes of that show are completely boring. Personally, I like there shows, but a lot of people hate them.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Being a bit of a metal head, I really expected to enjoy this more then I did (hardly at all) it would have been better if they just animated a bunch of wacky music videos instead of coming with some semblence of a plot with general does of 'comedy'.

I enjoyed that Korgoth the Barbarian pilot on Adult Swim, otherwise I'm not into their stuff.

Top Bottom