Metropolis

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Hello all. Just got back from the local cinema, I watched an anime called Metropolis for the second time. Let me tell you...its a very beautiful, beautiful production. Ranks up there with the Grave of Fireflies anime. The first time I saw it was because my buddy dragged me into it. This second time I took my girlfriend, her brother and my younger sisters. They all loved it!! I rarely do this for any movie, but I feel I want to share this with you all. If you get a chance to see it, I hope the movie effects you same way it effected me. I just cant get this movie out of my head. Its that good, in my opinion! Follow this link for the official website. Please go check it out if you like!!

http://www.spe.sony.com/cthv/metropolis/

and heres an awesome review:

http://www.animecritics.com/review.php3?reviewid=metropolis&title=Metropolis

well, good night all!!

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Hello all. Just got back from the local cinema, I watched an anime called Metropolis for the second time. Let me tell you...its a very beautiful, beautiful production. Ranks up there with the Grave of Fireflies anime. The first time I saw it was because my buddy dragged me into it. This second time I took my girlfriend, her brother and my younger sisters. They all loved it!! I rarely do this for any movie, but I feel I want to share this with you all. If you get a chance to see it, I hope the movie effects you same way it effected me. I just cant get this movie out of my head. Its that good, in my opinion! Follow this link for the official website. Please go check it out if you like!!

http://www.spe.sony.com/cthv/metropolis/

and heres an awesome review:

http://www.animecritics.com/review.php3?reviewid=metropolis&title=Metropolis

well, good night all!!

I've wanted to see that movie ever since I saw the early shots of it. I'm a BIG Tezuka fan (Black Jack is my Fav)! Glad to see you like it and I can't wait till I see it myself.

Vermillion

I can't wait to see this movie on dvd. ;D

yup me too, but check out this excerpt from animenation.net:

"According to information AnimeNation has received directly from a Columbia Pictures Home Entertainment representative, due to the success of the limited theatrical release of Metropolis, the VHS and DVD release of the film has been delayed to an unspecified date. Presumably the home video release is being delayed to help boost box-office for the theatrical release by convincing people to see the film in theaters rather than wait for the home video release."

I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer

Vermillion

Hey ya'll! Just an update:

AnimeNation has been officially informed by our distributor that the release of Metropolis on VHS and DVD, originally scheduled for March 12th, has been rescheduled for April 23rd. The delay is in response to the success of the limited theatrical release of the film. Metropolis has now earned over $400,000 in 3 weeks of limited American theatrical release.

The DVD release has been confirmed to be a 2 disc set of the movie plus a 3" DVD of supplemental features. The $27.96 list price DVD set will feature a widescreen presentation with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio; optional English, French and Spanish subtitles; optional English and French language dubbed audio tracks; a "Making Of" special; an interview with Rintaro and Katsuhiro Otomo; a history of the Metropolis manga; "Multi-Angle Animation Comparisons"; conceptual art galleries, and more.

The price is pretty cheap for all you're getting. I believe the second disc will have the trailer for the Cowboy Bebop movie. ;D

maybe if they were to release it nation wide, theyd triple their ticket sales, but theyll never think of that one...

No kidding. As far as I know, there isn't a single theater in Texas that's showing Metropolis.....really pisses me off. :-[

Top Bottom