MGS3: SE

i am 14 hours into the game and am having mixed feelings about it... most of the bosses i am fighting have no depth whatsoever... they show, they die and i move on... mgs1 had characters like psycho mantis and sniper wolf who carried on and on about their pasts and even had conversations with snake... in this one they show up and say stuff like "ah ima gonna kill ya!!! arggggh oooh ahh the pain the fury the rage ahhhh" ... what do you guys think about it so far?

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Re: mgs3se

I think it was a really great installment in the series, the enemies do seem a bit out there, and they're not as open as the MGS1 enemies, but also they're supposed to be assassinating snake, and I'd it's more assassin-like not to talk much. The ending songs sad, I'm listening to it right now heh.

Great game. The cobras were an odd bunch to say the least. There are so many camo patterns. And there are two more already up for download. Anyway, try this:

During Virtuous Mission, after Snake beats down Ocelot and his goons shoot Ocelot until you get game over/ time paradox. You get some interesting dialogue. Not gonna spoil it, you have to try it yourself.

Just wait till you face The End. That is a long boss fight. And when you meet The Sorrow you'll be like, WTF do I do.

To get more replay out of it there are some secrets to be unlocked. Beat the bosses by depleting their stamina and you'll get special camos from them. Except to get the awesome camo that The End drops you have to hold him up and have him drop it. You get steal camo by shooting all 64 of the little frog dolls. You get the Patriot machine gun that the Boss uses, a tuxedo, and the revolver upon beating the game. You can also unlock a special camo by beating Snake vs Monkeys with 1st place times.

dwarfkicker said:
Just wait till you face The End.  That is a long boss fight.  And when you meet The Sorrow you'll be like, WTF do I do.

om my g-d yes.... the end took me 2 hours cause i didnt know what i was doing... then i saw places on the map where he was hiding and it was all down hill from there... sorrow, wtf... the first thing i thought of was to use that "thing" but because i never used it before i didnt know how... so after 1 hour and trying everthing else i look a gamefaqs and found out it was what i thought it was... in the first place....

when you save in the cell after being captured and load that game you get an incredibly weird and grusome minigame with somedoby running around with 2 swords killing zombie police

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Psymont 2.0 said:
om my g-d yes.... the end took me 2 hours cause i didnt know what i was doing... then i saw places on the map where he was hiding and it was all down hill from there...

Here I was thinking it was just another sniper fight. Or is it? :eek:

dwarfkicker said:
Just wait till you face The End.  That is a long boss fight.  And when you meet The Sorrow you'll be like, WTF do I do.

Just beat the end. I'm glad I thought of useing the mic to pick up on his foot steps, because I wouldn't have beaten him.  :(

SlimJ87D

Apollo

Thermal goggles are your friend against the End, just follow his foot steps blast him, he'll run away, follow his foot steps and blast him again. Or shoot him at the peer when he is asleep till he blows up, you'll end that boss fight right there.

so far the game is good. This game dosnt do as good as mgs1, but its close. I Just Got the game and sadly and whent thought half of it in my first sitting, But i dont think you are playing as snake from the first MGs

the complete lack of intimacy you feel for the characters throughout the game was definitely made up for in the ending... wow... that was a great ending... i wish they would remake nintendos 1 and 2 now... id love to see that stuff on ps2...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Psymont 2.0 said:
the complete lack of intimacy you feel for the characters throughout the game was definitely made up for in the ending... wow... that was a great ending... i wish they would remake nintendos 1 and 2 now... id love to see that stuff on ps2...

Yeah, I loved the ending also. It's intresting to see the original designer of Metal Gear, but maybe 5 years down the line they will come out with "Metal Gear Solid 7: Wood Teeth" where you have to fight a giant wooden battle equiped cannon shapped like Lincolns hat and you see it get passed down to the guy before that.

But i dont think you are playing as snake from the first MGs
Nope, not Solid Snake. You play as Naked Snake this time around.

Allow me to refer you to this little secret in that's in the game, I posted it earlier:
During Virtuous Mission, after Snake beats down Ocelot and his goons shoot Ocelot until you get game over/ time paradox. You get some interesting dialogue. Not gonna spoil it, you have to try it yourself.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

that was pretty funny by the way...
Haven't got too far yet, although I am having some problems with the controls :(. The game itself is quite interesting, the intro was; well... James Bondish ;D.

AH!! I just Got To The End On The First day i got the game, but i have no ammo, and i have no battery.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Nope, not Solid Snake. You play as Naked Snake this time around.
Hm? I thought so, because the cold war was in the 60's, and MGS2 was in 2002, so if it was the same snake, that would make him over 55

camo from the sorrow? what camo?

at first the theme song threw me for a loop... "sometimes ya gotta eat a tree frog"?!?... what a load of crap! but i cant get it outta my head now... im stiiiiiiill in a dreeeeeeam snaaake eateeeeer!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Psymont 2.0 said:
camo from the sorrow? what camo?

When you get all the way to the end of where The Sorrow is leading you to, you get his camo. If you didn't drown your self then you might want to check what camo's you have.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

The End was hell to find... at least for me. All I can say this game is quite entertaining. Not the usuall "zig-zagg'n" like the previous MGS series (well at least so far). On my way to the fortress!!!

Top Bottom