Naruto On Its Way To The States

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Fasty_McNasty said:
omg are you sure?!?! grappler baki is probably my second fav series next to berserk. i dont want to see funimations hands anywhere NEAR baki. *funimation receives axe kick from worlds strongest man*
btw, grappler baki manga is IMPOSSIBLE to find unless you feel like ordering about 100 issues of ranma comics from years ago.
Maybe for you but I can get it all of them since I am in Japan 8)

Metal Soldier said:
Personally I don't care if FUNimation got the rights to Naruto. With the exception of DBZ they've done a good job with all their other work. Although I'm not convinced it has been liscensed. No one else has reported this except Narutofan and those quoting Narutofan.

:eek: HAVE YOU SEEN FMA!!! It was ruined with bad dubs. They Might Do The Same To Naruto. The Dubs will be childish and dumb. High Picthed and Fast. anyway its not linsed in the Us yet. and it wont be intill naruto is done in japan.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
kid_berserk said:
:eek: HAVE YOU SEEN FMA!!! It was ruined with bad dubs. They Might Do The Same To Naruto. The Dubs will be childish and dumb. High Picthed and Fast. anyway its not linsed in the Us yet. and it wont be intill naruto is done in japan.
So you're saying they'll do Naruto justice...?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
BOOO HISS HISS
what...? Most of the characters in Naruto are themselves childish and not all that bright.... It'd only make sense for the VAs to match that. Don't take that to mean I don't enjoy the series. However, I don't see it as the holy grail of media. Its basicly DBZ with ninjas, paceing, variety and theme. I see it the same way I see a really good "B movie."

BTW, I'm just loveing this whole Gaiden thing and the first Chidori.
Doesn't seem like this diciplined Kakashi to develop such a "wreckless" technique... expecialy he lacks the Sharingan to read counter-attacks...

Majin Tenshi said:
what...? Most of the characters in Naruto are themselves childish and not all that bright.... It'd only make sense for the VAs to match that. Don't take that to mean I don't enjoy the series.
A list of good Vo's for Naruto

Chuck Huber as Sasuke Uchiha ( he go's goodwith him)
Crispin Freeman as Kakashi Hatake
Vic Mignogna as Naruto (may change)
K.T. Gray as Sakura Haruno (may change)
Alexis Lang as Iruka Umino (will change)

that all i can think of. I think thies VO will be great.( but not the ones that say "may change" because i am still thinking)

kid_berserk said:

Nope, I haven't yet. Even if they don't do a good job with the dub, you can always watch it subbed on dvd. Majin Tenshi got it right, the majority of Naruto characters are kids, and Naruto talks helluva fast, so if they did fast, kid voices it would be acurate.

Metal Soldier said:
Nope, I haven't yet. Even if they don't do a good job with the dub, you can always watch it subbed on dvd. Majin Tenshi got it right, the majority of Naruto characters are kids, and Naruto talks helluva fast, so if they did fast, kid voices it would be acurate.

True, True. Well I Have episodes 1-48 on DvD, so it dont matter. maybe a kid voice would help, or hurt. As Long As Sasuke Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake, Naruto, and Sakura Haruno have go Vo's and the show is uncut (and its on adult swim) its all good.

I doubt it will be on Adult Swim. Its too kiddie. The Saturday night Action block is your best bet, and I would imagine if anyone besides 4Kids gets it, it will be mostly uncensored.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Metal Soldier said:
I doubt it will be on Adult Swim. Its too kiddie. The Saturday night Action block is your best bet, and I would imagine if anyone besides 4Kids gets it, it will be mostly uncensored.
To kiddie? Don't think so man, they got people exploding and all sorts of shit in it which I see all the time, so I'm pretty sure they are going to be censoring an assload of it, especially the swearing the lil naruto and the other kids say. So i dont know where you get "too kiddie" from

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
Naruto is for young teenagers around the age of 11 and 12, thats what it was disighned for. It has the ocasional bloody part and the few cursing. It will be heavily censored in America but in japan thats nothing, children watch stuff around the same lines all the time. I cant watch cut anime it shatters my soul and cut childish anime shatters it and spits on it to boot. American cencor rules really make me angry

Although Naruto may be targeted to young teens it doens't mean you can't enjoy just because your older than the targeted audience.

I can't really see 4kids lincesing it. Naruto contains death of several characters and a lot of blood not Berserk level amount of blood but enough for it not to be shown on saturday morning.

A ton of episodes will need to be cut out and severily edited the Haku/Zabuza battle on the bridge then there's the Chunnin exams which contains a lot bleeding from characters Lee vs Gaara and Hinata vs Neji then there's the whole flashback scenes of Sasuke seeing the village killed off including his parents is a good example that will need to be heavily edited or episodes cut out. :-\

The only way I see it on U.S. tv with little censoring is on Toonami block which is on Saturdays between 7 and 11 P.M. Which is the same time Naruto comes on Japan tv at 7:00 p.m.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Malf said:
Naruto is for young teenagers around the age of 11 and 12, thats what it was disighned for. It has the ocasional bloody part and the few cursing. It will be heavily censored in America but in japan thats nothing, children watch stuff around the same lines all the time. I cant watch cut anime it shatters my soul and cut childish anime shatters it and spits on it to boot. American cencor rules really make me angry
Really? I wouldnt know since I live in Japan.

Top Bottom