New Dark Horse manga info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
what I think would make the red border cool is if they put kanji in it, like the kanji on the artbook (you know, wind water, gold, etc)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Darok [Biker Wannabe] said:
what I think would make the red border cool is if they put kanji in it, like the kanji on the artbook (you know, wind water, gold, etc)
Yeah they could put kanji for: SPEED GOD, RICE BURNER, RACER MAN, HONDA TYPE-R. It's really popular among young idiots in America actually.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I figured if it was worthy of gracing the JAPANESE artbook, it must have some relevance to the story, and would thus be appropriate

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
ranemaka13 said:
so if this horrible border IS on the manga, you refuse to buy it?

Its certainly not that bad.

[zombie_monotone]Me need BERSERK stuff. NEED LEGIT COPPIES OF MANGA[/zombie_monotone]

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
My God, that boarder is the ugliest thing I have ever seen... I really hope this is just an image to keep the fans happy... because that border makes me want to barf.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
I imagine the cover will get reworked. The border is probably on there to add to some sort of action feel or some shit like that...since a simple picture on a white background isn't cool enough. I said before, most books I get have had teh artwork changed to be something more stylish or whatever.

I really would like to have the original covers. I really like them. But surely they can't release the book that slowly! They'll see the fanbase will demand more. I alreayd wrote them a quasi-threatning letter about releasing all the volumes in english about 2 months ago. I should hope they'd release the volumes more frequently, especially since Tokyopop puts out a gajillion monthly titles now...and like, they shouldn't be releasing Berserk in such long spans of time just because they don't know when the next book will be out in Japan. People are waiting for the next volume of Paradise Kiss to be released and whatnot. I mean, this isn't "back in the day" when we all had to wait at LEAST 2 years for a Japanese release to come out here - they're coming out like months apart it seems, nowadays.

Ahh phooey. I just want my Berserk. :(

Uriel

I e-mailed Dark Horse about the border, and this is what they had to say:

Note: I didn't say I wouldn't buy it because of the border.. but I did make my concern more dramatic than it actually is!

I'm sorry that the red border on the Berserk cover horrified you.
It's simply a design element. The cover hasn't been finalized yet so
it may possibly be removed.

Still, I can't believe that the red border is so horrendous that
someone would choose not to read Berserk based solely on that fact.
It really shouldn't impact the content of the book in any way.​

So, no need to worry just yet! :-\ But if everyone keeps applying the pressure, they'll be sure to crack!! ;D

its a red flag to cancel the series if ive ever seen one.
how dare they put a red border on a preliminary cover! those bastards who bought the rights to series should die.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
That red border makes it look like some really weird Valentine Day card...don't these people take art classes or have any sense of aesthetics? That is just an ugly ass cover.

LG

its a bit disheartening to see that most in this community are focusing on such a small and trite piece of the manga. non-westernized format? unedited/uncensored? do these words not please you?
boycott them because of it, please! if this is such a huge problem then dont buy it and dont complain since you wont waste your money on such an ugly ass cover.

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
ranemaka13 said:
its a bit disheartening to see that most in this community are focusing on such a small and trite piece of the manga. non-westernized format? unedited/uncensored? do these words not please you?
boycott them because of it, please! if this is such a huge problem then dont buy it and dont complain since you wont waste your money on such an ugly ass cover.

You're such a party pooper. Complaining is fun, dammit!

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's a border on a preliminary cover, nothing more really.

SexyCharlotte

ranemaka13 said:

This board here is meant to state your opinion about it. Why don't you take a chill pill and stop worrying about what everyone is saying? If people want to complain about an ugly ass cover, let them! That's what this place is for...to state an opinion. And no, I am not going to waste my money on it, for your information.

LG

SexyCharlotte

kimchan said:
I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's a border on a preliminary cover, nothing more really.

And it's not a big deal for people in the community to state how they feel about it, either.

LG

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If you people are complaining about people complaining about people complaining, then Im going to shoot myself.

Maybe my job is even more painful than the PR at Dark Horse's job.

Uriel

Walter said:
If you people are complaining about people complaining about people complaining, then Im going to shoot myself.

Maybe my job is even more painful than the PR at Dark Horse's job.
One slight difference. He gets payed for the pain ;)

SexyCharlotte

ranemaka13 said:
then why waste your time complaining?

I was replying to your post about not buying something if " you don't like it. "An opinion can be stated, can't it? And if it can't then what's the use of a forum? I can say something is shitty regardless of whether I buy the damn thing or not.

Does that answer your question?

LG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom