Official Sammy's Berserk game site

Jon the Madman said:
I don't know why. I just really don't like it. Its like... instinct. If that makes any sense. Its just one of those things.

Then i am quite sure yu are not the hardcore fans of Berserk! ;)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I don't know why I feel like mentioning this now, but the white bit in Guts' hair reminds me of twin peaks.

Smith said:
Then i am quite sure yu are not the hardcore fans of Berserk!  ;)
I am quite sure that I am not a hardcore fan of that poster. ;)

Nah, I take time out of my day to color scans from Berserk. I overload my computer with Berserk volumes. I bought a DC just for Sword of Berserk.

I'm not a Hardcore fan.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Jon the Madman said:
<obvious sarcasm>I'm not a Hardcore fan.</obvious sarcasm>
I've noticed that whenever people use the word hardcore, they have no perception of what hardcore is. Like people who call nu-metal "hardcore", or call themselves hardcore. just remind people of that when they say you're not hardcore.

I bought a dreamcast just for sword of the berserk as well. Good game. But I shouldn't have done it. But the berserk fan part of me tells me that it was the right choice. I want the PS2 game to come stateside in the worst way.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
agreed on the whole dreamcast thing. never woulda even heard of berserk if it werent for the dreamcast game.

so if i wanted to play this new game i'm going to need a mod chip of some sort, correct? i dont what i have to do, i'm getting this game! case closed!

by the way, the preview for the game is better than sex with a thousand virgins.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You forgot there is a second "puzzle game", this time the image is... the Cover for Volume 27 and for the Game Box! And a new game, too.

But for that new game, it's not a puzzle, you are supposed to spell with your keyboard the names that appear on the screen. But what is weird is that the spelling is not the official one, that appeared in the first pages of Volume 27 of the Manga. For example "Griffisu", or "Serupico"! I don't know why?!... :-\

http://www.sammy.co.jp/berserk/html/omake/

My best score is 642 (tried only once...)! ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
You forgot there is a second "puzzle game", this time the image is... the Cover for Volume 27 and for the Game Box! And a new game, too.

No, I didn't forget, but it's not new, it's been there for a month.

asmer said:
But what is weird is that the spelling is not the official one, that appeared in the first pages of Volume 27 of the Manga. For example "Griffisu", or "Serupico"! I don't know why?!... :-\

It's a Katakana-like spelling, and it's more like "gurifisu", "serupiko", "pak-ku", "shi-ruke", "middorando", "doragon koroshi", "shito", "jiin", etc.

EDIT: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3762.msg77408#msg77408

Aazealh said:
No, I didn't forget, but it's not new, it's been there for a month.
Ak, OK! But I guess it's somehow new, since this Thread hasn't been updated for a month or so! :p

Aazealh said:
It's a Katakana-like spelling, and it's more like "gurifisu", "serupiko", "Pak-ku", "shi-ruke", "middorando", "doragon koroshi", "shito", "jiin", etc.
Yup, playing it again, you're right! It's some king of katakana spelling game. (And it's "p a k k u" and "s h i - r u k e".) Most of the terms I do understand, but some I don't!? Like: "kizoku", "mamono" or "jiin". If anyone knows what that means?! :-\

And by the way, my new best score is 91%! ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Ak, OK! But I guess it's somehow new, since this Thread hasn't been updated for a month or so! :p

No it's not, look at the link in my previous post.

asmer said:
Yup, playing it again, you're right! It's some king of katakana spelling game.

There wasn't a doubt actually.

asmer said:
(And it's "p a k k u" and "s h i - r u k e".)

I know the spelling, thank you very much, so there's really no use to put useless corrections, the word "pak k" is automatically corrected so I added a '-'. Sorry for the confusion...

asmer said:
Most of the terms I do understand, but some I don't!? Like: "kizoku", "mamono" or "jiin". If anyone knows what that means?! :-\

Kizoku = Noble
Mamono = Specter/evil creature
Jiin = Temple

Aazealh said:
No it's not, look at the link in my previous post.
Argh, but it was hidden in another Thread, and I never have time to read every Thread... :-[

Aazealh said:
I know the spelling, thank you very much, so there's really no use to put useless corrections, the word "pak k" is automatically corrected so I added a '-'.
But actually there IS a "-" in SHI-RUKE...

Aazealh said:
Kizoku = Noble
Mamono = Specter/evil creature
Jiin = Temple
Thanks!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
But actually there IS a "-" in SHI-RUKE...

Yes, I know, because it's a long vowel, which can be written as "shīruke" if we've got to put it like that. That '-' sign is just a direct transcription of the way to spell it in Katakana (and should really be 'ー'). Really, what's the use of picking on that point?

There's also a "GATTU" word in that game because they didn't put the 'S' in it, is it worth mentioning? ::)

Aazealh said:
There's also a "GATTU" word in that game because they didn't put the 'S' in it, is it worth mentioning? ::)

No, it's not really that important! As for 'GATTU', I do type the 'S', and it works! :-X

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
What are you talking about? There's just no 'S', it's a mistake (or a voluntary omission), and that's it. You can type whatever letter you want, it'll still work if you type the right one after that.

Gattu.jpg

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Aazealh said:
Not sure anybody cares, but the official site has been updated.

They added some news about the official game guide that's out since october 14th

The guide book looks like it's only a strategy guide, but does it have any of Miura's drawings in it like the Visual and Story file for the DC game? Or does anyone know if there will be a book like it coming out?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
The guide book looks like it's only a strategy guide, but does it have any of Miura's drawings in it like the Visual and Story file for the DC game? Or does anyone know if there will be a book like it coming out?

I've got no idea, but I think it's just the average strategy book really, nothing special in it as far as I know. Maybe JIN could tell us when he gets his hands on it.

As for an artbook, there has been no news about it so far. I know I'd like a new one, not necessarily about the game (actually I'd prefer if it wasn't).

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Aazealh said:
As for an artbook, there has been no news about it so far. I know I'd like a new one, not necessarily about the game (actually I'd prefer if it wasn't).

Thanks, Aazealh. I'd be happy with pretty much any new artbook. It's about time for one.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
There was interesting news on the official site today. First, the third and last level of Puck's puzzle game (very cool, it's Puck's face), second, some info about the game development, focused on Guts (you get to see some rendering, nothing big), and finally, they released the OST's track names.

01 - Sign
02 - All beginnings
03 - Theme
04 - Riot
05 - Cold Snow
06 - Beast
07 - Hawk Soldiers
08 - Funny March
09 - Dusky Battlefield
10 - Spiritual Woods
11 - The Frightened Village
12 - Great Numbers Attack
13 - Stormy Area
14 - Brute Den
15 - Unidentified Enemy
16 - The Nightmare
17 - Sad Flame
18 - Samurai
19 - Enmity By Apostles
20 - Absolute
21 - Martial Law
22 - Sign-2

Susumu Hirasawa's songs are called Sign and Sign-2. I remind you guys that the OST will be out on November 25th, and that it will approximately cost $25.

Ummm sorry if this has been answered else where...someone did ask in here but got no reply...does anyone know if the game will be released in the US or anywhere else?If so any idea when?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
whitehawk* said:
Ummm sorry if this has been answered else where...someone did ask in here but got no reply...does anyone know if the game will be released in the US or anywhere else?If so any idea when?

It has been answered already. There's no release planned in the US for now.

----

EDIT: Update today on Sammy's site:

- New words added to Puck's typing game: Goddo Hando, Suran, Chimimouryou (Schnoz), Kurifoto, Pippin, Mahou, Miri-en, Supurigan, Korukasu, Kyousenshi, Dokuro no Kishi, Guruberundo, Hazama no Sekai, etc.

- Miura's comment about the new episode for the game (with Charles and all), saying it shows how Guts feels about the Hawks.

- The official "perfect" guide was released, which appears to be different from the "normal" one.

- And a new part in the development inside section, showing interesting stuff:

kaihatu_p5_photo11.jpg

Top Bottom