Picture from Episode 264

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I quickly tried to make this pic from the current episode.. comments are welcoem...
599a.jpg

Th3Branded0ne said:
I quickly tried to make this pic from the current episode.. comments are welcoem...

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/43683539ze842c3b4/agoyh567/__sr_/599a.jpg?pfvZDaDBr_7wXo7t

Upload it to
http://www.imageshack.us/ or http://www.photobucket.com

then show us your stuff. :miura:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I like it but the yellow is a bit strong.  I think I know what you were trying to do though.  Next time, use a very light more orange yellow.  This will give you sorta a tan color, which is much more apropriate to something that's glowing.

BTW, no offense to the artist, but why's this stickied?

rick said:
i dont understand what the yellow is doing in there? did zodd pee on griffith's wing?
This shows that how polluted the air is. ::)

Vaxillus said:
Perhaps it was meant for everyone to post their creative edits/colorings of the latest episode.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Vaxillus said:
I like it but the yellow is a bit strong.  I think I know what you were trying to do though.  Next time, use a very light more orange yellow.  This will give you sorta a tan color, which is much more apropriate to something that's glowing.

I got carried away with the yellow, but since I was in a hurry with personal stuff, I just wanted to finish it off quickly. I will try to color another pic from the episode. This time with more care and thoughtfulness. Thanks for the comments though...they do help.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Another pic from episode 264

I spent more time doing this second picture. I wonder how many will like it, still I am accepting any opinions, since I will keep on improving with any honest comment you post here. Thanks

CnC

Ad Oculos
Re: Another pic from episode 264

Hi Th3Branded0ne,

not bad! Theres a great deal more potential here to make the lighting more dynamic, as it (like your previous pic) is almost out of a dream in its subject matter. The feathers of light, the full moon, the night sky, you should try and play with the lighting a bit. The colors you've chosen are a tad muted (desaturated) and while that works in many occasions, this is one pic that I could see the colors being more vibrant.

Cheers.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind..eventhough I took a class for photoshop I didn't really use it because of own personal problems that deny me the chance of working with it, but now that I have the chance I will take any advice to keep on improving. I guess I should also go with my gut feeling, sometimes your first thoughts are correct, in this case I didn't take it. Well, I sitll have plenty more pics to do or wait for next episode and give it a try again.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Already 100% better. :guts:

If you were to stop there I'd understand the reasoning.

However if you were to continue with it perhaps you can make the curtains fade into the golden light you've chosen. You notice how the cross hatching of Miura's inking indicates that the light source on Mule and Sonia is coming from the moon. They don't seem to be lit by the glowing curtains (maybe Sonia might be a little :serpico:). If you were to perhaps darken the sky and the character and make the light source the moon (then treat the colors on of the armor/clothing/ect. with the new light source in mind) you'd have a more dynamic (and compositionally sound) piece.

Good work

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Thanks, I guess I do have to look in more details. I am still raw and my eye is not properly trained as someone might say. Good thing at work I work with lacquers and paints, so that would help me alittle to get better. I will still color more recent episode pics just for the heck of trying...Later...

Top Bottom