Predict or create a Berserk ending with speculations :)

By the looks of how the story is going, This is gonna be a really long story for Berserk with No Ending in Sight. But I reckon if ever there was an ending to be made, I reckon it would be where Guts & Griffith die by each others blades :puck:

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Skullgrin140 said:
lol, sorry about that whole death by 2 blades thing :serpico:

No it's okay you can have your opinion, but i hope more than a final draw duel, i hope something more deep, with many emotions. Not like saint seiya for example with an ending of 3 pages.
Something like when we will close the last tome, we say in our head WHOA i didn't waiting for nothing :guts:

with the talent of miura we can sleep well :serpico:

I'll sum up a possible ending with 2 quotes.

"Just like a human. No matter how great you are, one mistake, just one stroke of a sword.... and you die. "

"In the end, it all comes down to who blinks first. Who wavers with everything on the line. Even with all his power... I made God blink."

Of course, any possibility of this is FAR FAR away. Luckily this is the nation of speculation.

I think we're going to see something really bold, and mostly what I have my mind on is that it's going to be revealed that Idea's actual goal in all of this causality-driven drama was to develope Guts into something useful for his purposes; something more dangerous and uncontrollable in the real world than Griffith or any apostle. Guts has been pretty fucking lucky throughout his life in terms of surviving things that he shouldn't, the Eclipse being the best example. It's not impossible to view the manga from a perspective in which he is being put through continuous hell to both strengthen him and destroy his humanity, with casuality guiding and protecting his life. If we are going to entertain the idea of him somehow gaining the power to destroy a GH, even if it's only Griffith, then an ending like this could be viable as well.

I know that lately he has been pretty chill and is investing a lot of feeling into his new companions, but we've also seen just how quickly the mention of Griffith can stir up the beast. Most importantly, the Casca situation presents countless avenues for Guts to lose his mind.

:beast: ULTIMATE BLACK BEAST OF THE APOCALYPSE ACTIVATE! :chomp:

Pesmerga

mike.william said:
It's not impossible to view the manga from a perspective in which he is being put through continuous hell to both strengthen him and destroy his humanity, with causality guiding and protecting his life.

you say the causality can protect the life of guts???
or idea of evil in order to "protect herself" does every thing for destroy guts humanity???

Pesmerga said:
you say the causality can protect the life of guts???
or idea of evil in order to "protect herself" does every thing for destroy guts humanity???

Nah, I'm not saying idea is protecting itself, I doubt it has anything to fear from anyone. I'm just stating a very off-the-wall idea about how one of Idea's end goals could be to turn Guts into the kind of merciless, unstoppable killing machine that the Beast has come to represent. In order for this speculation to make any sense, we'd have to assume that Guts will eventually gain power great enough to slay a GH, and he might need more than that to become big enough a factor to warrant Idea's attention like that. I just think it's odd that Guts and Casca made it out of the eclipse, given how Idea seems to be able to make things bend to his will down to the smallest event.

Pesmerga

mike.william said:
I doubt it has anything to fear from anyone.

Yes but i think later miura will give us more explication with the idea of evil and it will take a big part at the end and problematic for guts

There is little we can predict about the ending at this point, given how far away it is.

However, the best idea I have is this: Griffith will turn against his dream and potentially rebel against the God Hand. All of the business about how Guts is the only one who ever made Griffith forget his dream...I'm fairly certain it's going to come into play again. I realize this is way out there, but...ech. It's just a feeling I get.

The one thing that does worry me, though, is the possibility of the spiral continuing. Causality is a spiral, and Guts and Griffith seem to have similar roles to Skull Knight and Void. Since it's a spiral, things can change, and the pattern can be interrupted, fortunately. I was rereading parts of Berserk earlier when I ran across the Gaiseric bit from...volume 9 or 10, was it? The story is that the empire was destroyed in one night by five angels...but then the speaker is corrected; there were four angels. One can surmise, though not with true certainty, that the destruction of the empire was caused by the ascension of the fifth God Hand, Void, and that the four before Void were somehow killed over the next two or so centuries, before the next Eclipse. Thus, if the spiral continues as it has with the Skull Knight, the four God Hand members other than Femto will be killed, but Femto will survive, and Guts will still be fighting him a thousand years later. That would be...ech. I don't think it'll happen, but the possibility still exists.

The real question is, how long has this spiral been going? How many of these cycles have occured, if there even is a cycle?

Wow, I got off topic. Sorry.

Pesmerga

i don't think we can say skull and void have the same role than guts and griffith because we really don't know many things about the skull and void.

Top Bottom