PS3 and XBOX 360

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
=O  that sucks. Did you have a chance to play PSU? how was it? Im thinking of getting a 360 just for it and Halo 3.

Why the hell would you want to blow a wad of cash on a 360, Halo 3, and PSU when you can play Dreamcast with Unreal Tournament and PSO?

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
handsome rakshas said:
Why the hell would you want to blow a wad of cash on a 360, Halo 3, and PSU when you can play Dreamcast with Unreal Tournament and PSO?

Something tells me there aren't that many other people online in those games these days...

I've actually been wondering about PSU as well, but I think I would probably end up getting the PC version

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
Because I could play my PSO on my Dreamcast (which I have 3 of by the way :guts:) and I can play Unreal Tournament on my PC. Also I hope PSU supports Dual Screen play action like PSO did for Xbox and Gamecube. Then me and the wife could hook it up!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Because I could play my PSO on my Dreamcast (which I have 3 of by the way  :guts:) and I can play Unreal Tournament on my PC. Also I hope PSU supports Dual Screen play action like PSO did for Xbox and Gamecube. Then me and the wife could hook it up!

Ooohhh, you have three Dreamcasts huh, badass? You talk pretty big for a guy thats never played Ikaruga. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
=O that sucks. Did you have a chance to play PSU? how was it? Im thinking of getting a 360 just for it and Halo 3.

I've heard it was pretty good, but I'm not the biggest fan of the series. There are too many games I want to get for my 360 first :)

If you are a PSO junkie you will like PSU. Of course the only downfall of the game is the slow release of content, but so far I have enjoyed it. There is no split screen on PSU though sorry :/

PSU and GoW are my main two games on 360. Zelda on the Wii right now is taking all of my time though, what a great game.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
grendelrt said:
If you are a PSO junkie you will like PSU. Of course the only downfall of the game is the slow release of content, but so far I have enjoyed it. There is no split screen on PSU though sorry :/

PSU and GoW are my main two games on 360. Zelda on the Wii right now is taking all of my time though, what a great game.
I take it you can still create your own person on the offline mode and name them and all of that jazz?

I take it you can still create your own person on the offline mode and name them and all of that jazz?

Well you can, but you have to wait for a little bit. When you play offline on PSU, their is actually a storyline, unlike PSO. So you play as the main dude Ethan Waber through that. But, once you open like act 4 on the main story mode it enables a mode called extra mode. Extra mode is basically the online mode offline just like PSO offline.

Welp. won a PS3 today, so now I have all 3 systems. If anyone wants an opinion on all 3 let me know. I should get the PS3 eithe Sat or Monday.

CnC

Ad Oculos
grendelrt said:
Welp. won a PS3 today, so now I have all 3 systems. If anyone wants an opinion on all 3 let me know. I should get the PS3 eithe Sat or Monday.

lol. 'grats

how'd you win it?

Ebay. 670 bucks for a 60gb premium. Only 40 bucks more than what I would pay in the store after tax :guts: Only reason I bought one now is because the wife and mom are bugging the shit out of me for xmas present ideas, so now they get to pay for part of it :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
grendelrt said:
Ebay. 670 bucks for a 60gb premium. Only 40 bucks more than what I would pay in the store after tax :guts: Only reason I bought one now is because the wife and mom are bugging the shit out of me for xmas present ideas, so now they get to pay for part of it :serpico:

ah, I thought you meant in a contest or something.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
YUM! This is my most anticipated New Gen game.

Gears of war on the 360 is currently absorbing my time.

Same with me. However I got stuck trying to kill Raam on insane difficulty.

As far as Assassin's creed goes, I'll pretty much buy anything made by the PoP: Sands of Time team. Can't wait.

Maiku said:
If the reviews for Heavenly Sword and Lair are strong I might shell out for the PS3 in March when they are readily available but we'll see.

Lair just seems like a gimmick right now (tilting dragon controls), but I'll wait and see what Heavenly sword's like. Probably won't be buying a PS3 until it comes down in price/there are at least 10 or so games I want to play on it. Plus theres always a chance that the Sony 3rd party games won't be exclusives, in which case screw the PS3.

Skullgrin140 said:
I will get the PS3, Bascily because I heard the TF Movie game will be on PS3, and to see if any other cool titles will be on PS3
randal.jpg
What about 360 or Wii?! What, a machine's gotta transform into some gaint fucking robot before you'll take it seriously?!

JK Grin! :carcus:

Just caved in and finally bought a 360. Loving it. I got Gears of War, Call of Duty 3 and Rainbow 6 Vegas (Terrorist Hunt mode is ridiculously addicting.) I'm utterly loving 360. I played the Wii IMO it's nothing to write home about...IMHO. And from what I've read and seen I'm going to put off buying a PS3 for awhile pretty much like I did with 360.

CnC said:
Same with me. However I got stuck trying to kill Raam on insane difficulty.

As far as Assassin's creed goes, I'll pretty much buy anything made by the PoP: Sands of Time team. Can't wait.

I beat it on insane though admittedly it was in co-op. God the exploding wretches were annoying.

Totally agree Sands of Time is one of my favorites. The second one was a huge let down for me so I never played the third.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
I beat it on insane though admittedly it was in co-op. God the exploding wretches were annoying.

Bah. I got through all of it solo but couldn't get Raam. Its like two shots and you're done.

Maiku said:
Totally agree Sands of Time is one of my favorites. The second one was a huge let down for me so I never played the third.

Two Thrones (I believe that was what the third one's called) is much better than the second one. Not quite as good as Sands but definitely worth playing. Check it out.

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
I have a 360, have yet to try out the PS3 and Wii but I would like to try them in my hands, not just see someone playing it before I make a judgement call on them.

I'm currently completely obsessed with Phantasy Star Universe, so much so that it distracts my Gears of War playing time too! If you played PSO as existentially as I did let me warn you that PSU is a very different game from PSO. Also, they haven't unlocked everything on line yet so if you wait another month or so, eventually you can play all of the game you paid for!

Ugh.. useless rant.

Top Bottom