Puerto Rico owns the Dreamteam by 19 points

E

ELEKTROFUNK

OWNED

Maybe the downfal of the Dreamteam is starting? First Italy in an exhibition game by 2 points and now at their first official olimpics game by 19 points!

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Jon Schaffer said:
Post it in Sparnage's thread tard. Please.  ;D

Another asshole who thinks they are the board police, stfu Scarfaces made up brother :-)

It's just a matter of time till Puerto Ricans go out in the streets and start screaming

PUERTO RICO!, PUERTO RICO! PUERTO RICO! and waving their flag. ;D

So far my prediction of puerto rico bitch slaping the U.S. Team is coming true. 8) It's all about the Fundamentals folks in basketball something that the U.S. players lack.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
also FYI the whole "Dream Team" thing was back in the 90's when Michael Jordon, Larry Bird, and all the others played for america.... and now you know.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
that is very true.. yet the 1st and original "Dream Team" wooped everyone in the Olimpics... Puerto Rico was, well I guess I should say the only team that at least gave a good fight. Even before the "Dream Team", PR always got a medal for a few years back.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, this isn't the "Dream Team", that was in 1992 when the greatest players in the world were on the same team, rememer?. So, you can cease sounding stupid by saying things like, "Is this the end of the Dream Team!?"

The U.S. simply doesn't have a good team. No outside shooters, and a bunch of young wannabe superstars the NBA wants to put on the international stage even though they have no place being there at this age. I think they have maybe one guy who can handle the ball going up the court and two thirds of them can do anything unless it's off the dribble. How about a spot up shooter next time? The talent is there individually and they have one of the greatest coaches in basketball, but this team was built with PR in mind, not actually competing with Europeon teams that have been playing together for years. Of course, this is literaly a second string U.S. team, these are the guys coming off the bench after everyone else said no.

I just feel sorry for Tim Duncan and Coach Brown.

"The Dream Team" why the hell call them that. they suck. i know what everybody is thinking(almost everybody). the dream team lost how could they. just because they hav AI and lebron james they think that the us team is going to win every single game they come across. well they can't and PR proved that the dream team has many weaknesses and that they can be defeated. In my city everyone thinks that basketball is the best game out there and i don't think it is. what i think is its all a bounch of people out there to show and say they "got skills" in nbasket ball. I know that i don't got skills in it, and thats why i don't play it.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
also FYI the whole "Dream Team" thing was back in the 90's when Michael Jordon, Larry Bird, and all the others played for america.... and now you know.

Which were all NBA stars right? it is pretty much the same thing. This exact team as an nba team would probably dominate everyone in the league.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

DemonX said:
My god two threads on the same subject. Not even religion shit is this important.

Athens = general olimpics thread.

This thread = Basketball in the olimpics thread.

Griffith

The Dark One said:
"The Dream Team" why the hell call them that. they suck. i know what everybody is thinking(almost everybody). the dream team lost how could they. just because they hav AI and lebron james they think that the us team is going to win every single game they come across. well they can't and PR proved that the dream team has many weaknesses and that they can be defeated.

Actually, most experts and analyists already saw this coming for the reasons I stated above. Not only are these not the best players, they aren't even the right ones in most cases.

The Dark One said:
In my city everyone thinks that basketball is the best game out there and i don't think it is. what i think is its all a bounch of people out there to show and say they "got skills" in nbasket ball. I know that i don't got skills in it, and thats why i don't play it.

If you don't understand/like/play basketball, why waste your time talking about it?

ELEKTROFUNK said:
Which were all NBA stars right? it is pretty much the same thing. This exact team as an nba team would probably dominate everyone in the league.

As you've already been told a couple of times...

No, they were not all NBA players. No, it wasn't even close to the same thing. And no, this team would not dominate in the NBA today. The true Dream Team of 1992 is the undisputed greatest Basketball team in History. Not quite the same as this year's U.S. team, yeah? Find a highlight reel and get enlightened.

Griffith

Chemistry is the least of their problems; no ouside shooters, and apparently no hussle either. I like LeBron James' excuses and "no big deal" attitude at the press conference. I guess he doesn't think it's a "big deal" to be the the first U.S. Team to lose and game and perhaps even the Gold Medal if this keeps up, since pros were allowed to play. Not only did we not pick the right players, we sent guys who are all endorsements and no pride.

After the games, I'd like to see a Sprite commercial where Thirst asks Lebron, "Yo Lebron, where you keepin' yo' bronze medal at in this phat crib?"

I still think it comes down to chemistry, and yes partially to the outside shooting. But they kept throwing up the 3's anyway. 28 in that game. they made just 3 of 28. WTF!!! They have big guys like Duncan. Why not post up these fuckers and have AI and Wade slash thru the lanes for easy layups. Fuckin Lebron and Melo can post up too. I dont see why the fuck they took so many low percentage shots.

Griffith

The Dragon Reborn said:
I still think it comes down to chemistry, and yes partially to the outside shooting.  But they kept throwing up the 3's anyway.  28 in that game. they made just 3 of 28. WTF!!! They have big guys like Duncan. Why not post up these fuckers and have AI and Wade slash thru the lanes for easy layups.  Fuckin Lebron and Melo can post up too.  I dont see why the fuck they took so many low percentage shots. 

Three words: International Zone Defense.

It's going to continue to be a problem if without guys that can hit from beyond the arc, if the U.S. is going to overcome it, they need to hussle like motherfuckers. And another reason they can't utilize Tim Duncan fully is because the Greek team seemed to have more players; namely those guys that call themselves referees. I can't decide if my favorite Tim Duncan "foul" was when he got called for that loose ball BS or when he made that clean block at the end of the third. I wish Karl Malone was there to show these guys what a real foul looks like. =) Anyhow, it was home court to the extreme, so that's to be expected. Team U.S.A. needs to start taking over games and not letting teams back into it, because they ain't going to get the calls that they do at home. Let's not forget the good old U.S.S.R. fiasco; we still haven't accepted the silver medal. ;D

Anyway, nice to see them pull out a win tonight; Odom was just fucking clutch, sick and all (looking forward to seeing him in the yellow and gold), and AI just rocks; nothing fun like playing with a broken thumb. I hope he'll be able to continue being effective, we need him.

-Griff

Top Bottom