Question about buying Berserk Ps2 game???

berserker88

The Raging Demon
I want to buy it from here and they have free shipping and i heard its very well recommended but i dont know if they are selling the JP version or the Asian/ korea version if anybody has bought from them or knows anything regarding this please tell me!!!

link

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=3&products_id=4967&

Hey there,

Well, I've ordered from Lik-sang before, and they are very reliable, and their prices are reasonable too. In terms if Japanese vs Asian/Korean version, well I can't be sure, though it looks like it says "Asian" right below the title of the game (and if you look at other games, they say "Japanese" instead). Why don't you just send them an email?

If you really want to be sure, you can order it from play-asia:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-77-2-15-berserk-70-8ea-43-99.html

They have 2 listings, one of the Korean/Asian one, and one for the Japanese one (the one linked above).

And if all fails, you can always find it on ebay, going for a little cheaper, if you don't mind used games.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Korean version is cheaper, so whatever you do, don't buy it for more than the Japanese one. Otherwise it mostly features Korean subtitles and translations, that's the only difference with the Japanese version.

I recommend you to do what DirectDK said and just order from Play-Asia if you have any doubt, otherwise there's always Nippon-Export, they're also very serious and reliable.

Sorry to interlock a discussion here but I was wondering if the PS2 game is really worth getting? The Trailers cooled so awesome and the game play looks good but what episodes of the manga does it follow? I mean, I'm beginning to think maybe it's not that great as the manga but I'm still doubting my own thoughts. I'm debating on whether to buy it or not?

So, my question is for thoses that played it, Is it really worth getting this game?

Mugwump101 said:
So, my question is for thoses that played it, Is it really worth getting this game?

First of all, you should check THIS THREAD, most of the Informations concerning the PS2 Game can be found here! There may even be some spoilers, so read carefully!?... :isidro:

Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's definitely worth getting it! Although it can be finished (the quick way, not getting every possible bonuses) pretty fast, slashing through Trolls with the Dragon Slayer is priceless! Really enjoyable! :carcus:

As for the story, it more or less covers the Chapter of the "Record of the Holy Evil War". With the addition of a new character, and some events not being shown...

As a conclusion, if I were you... I would buy it!!!... :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mugwump101 said:
Sorry to interlock a discussion here but I was wondering if the PS2 game is really worth getting? The Trailers cooled so awesome and the game play looks good but what episodes of the manga does it follow?

It spans from volume 22 to 27, during the Record of the Holy Evil War chapter, like asmer said. Of course, the events are simplified, and a lot of fillers were added to give the developpers an excuse so that they could have you cut down a few thousands more enemies.

Mugwump101 said:
I mean, I'm beginning to think maybe it's not that great as the manga but I'm still doubting my own thoughts. I'm debating on whether to buy it or not?

Story-wise, it's definitely not as good as the manga. I personally think that it's not as good as the DC game either. However the gameplay experience is worth it, it's a lot of fun to play, and you still get to follow the manga's story so there are nice moments. The added plot elements revolving around the character of Charles are useless as far as the story goes, but they're also pretty cool to play through. The numerous cinematics are a plus as well.

Mugwump101 said:

I think so yes, even if I haven't played it in a while (getting 100% was a pain). It really depends on what you're looking for, but if you like games in general and beat 'em all in particular, go for it.

Thank you for your replies. Now, I'm definitely thinking about it more and I've decided to try it out.

Going a little off topic, sorry..... How is the DC game compared to the PS2 game? What arcs in the manga/anime does it cover? How is the storyline? Where can I buy it? (I can't find that game in a local store for some reason).

Thank you so much for your help again! I appreciate it! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mugwump101 said:
Going a little off topic, sorry..... How is the DC game compared to the PS2 game?

The graphics were very good when it came out, so nowadays it's not too bad, although it can't compare to the PS2 game. The plot was and is still interesting to me, with a lot of cutscenes, it's almost like an interactive movie. It's a short game, you'll finish it quickly. The US version features mistranslations, misspellings and other things like that, but it's still playable. You have all of Guts' weapons available, and while it was enhanced a lot in the PS2 game, the gameplay is somewhat similar (no companions though, it's just Guts, Puck and Casca).

The most annoying part would be the fact that your sword gets stuck pretty much everywhere. Fighting in a basement or a narrow street? Well you won't be able to swing the DS correctly (except in Berserk mode, fortunately). That's really the worst aspect of the game, and that's why people were glad it was corrected in the PS2 game. Also, random pawns take 30 hits to die, which isn't satisfying at all, and totally unlike the manga. That was done in an effort to give the game some difficulty, since otherwise it would have really been a piece of cake. In the PS2 game they opted for the swarming enemies alternative, and it was a smart choice.

Mugwump101 said:
What arcs in the manga/anime does it cover? How is the storyline?

The story is original and not featured in the manga. It's commonly assumed that it takes place between volume 22 and 23.

Mugwump101 said:
Where can I buy it? (I can't find that game in a local store for some reason).

It's too old now, I doubt you'll find it new anywhere. Check on eBay and online used games stores.

Anyway, please don't hesitate to search for old threads on the subject if you need more information, there are a lot.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Even more off topic in response to Aazealh:

While the dreamcast game had Dragonslayer constantly clanging against walls, the immediate response was to always use the while rising jump slash into the falling slash. It was a double hit that was fast, ripped everything in two and did good damage. Kinda sucked though, having to do jumping slash through everything, and why this never clanged against walls and acted as if you were in Berserk mode is beyond me. :serpico:

Hope that might help anyone who actually picks up the game and feels it's not worth playing because of having to put your sword away and become "Boxer Guts".

Top Bottom