Question to people who identify with griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.

nir085

Horse and Armor
lol, chill dude...the entire post was pure sarcasm.

I assumed that you would understand that when I said I sacrificed 200 men the other day.

Lauralana said:
Haha, ya this is a good way to drag it off course.

Ya i deleted it. I wasn't posting at all, and there is no point in having an account that i don't use. i think my post count was like 3 or something. Plus another member there kept pming me....So i got rid of the account.

It's nice to know that your stalking my bbs movements, Renegade. :p I'm flattered :-*
I love how thehawks boards has one forum devoted entirely to Berserk...titled "Berserk Board". And how people make new topics just to introduce themselves. And how there are usernames like Judea and gods hand. And how...ok, I'll stop there.

Lauralana

That's Hot
waqas said:
Thats what happens when attactive girls post their pictures on geek message boards.

BTW, why didn't you reply to my messages? ;)

LOL...you're funny. Well if i had known that was you, i would have replied right away ;)

But in response to your first remark.... the funny thing is, I didn't even post my pictures on that board. I think i just made some post in a topic regarding wheter or not girls should shave down under. And then after that, i starting getting pms, and aol IMs from this one guy that, after one conversation, assumed i was his girl. Then he came to this site and saw my pictures that i posted...after that, i guess he thought we were dating b/c i suddenly i was supposed to give him all my phone numbers so he could call me. Of course i didn't, which made him mad, but then he figured i would call him, which i never did either.

At this point, I'm guessing that he decided i was a shitty girlfriend and he decided to "dump" me. That's when i started getting these weird pms and IMs...so i just deleted my account.

Anyway, i love this bbs and the people in it. You guys just joke about stalkin me...you wouldn't actually do it. ;D

Aconyro

REVENGE!
I apologize for yanking this back to the thread topic but I simply can’t resist replying to this thread. Being a psych major myself, I would first like to state Freud was a cocaine addict and a sick man. Secondly genetics (what your born with) is only POTENTIAL and this works as follows.

At one time, we believed that all traits were genetically inherited. Later, we believed that the potential for all traits was genetically inherited. Recently, we have figured the potential for all traits is approximates an average for most humans and runs a small spectrum for genetic consistencies (in other words to create identifiable humans it does not vary much). Then we go, wait a minute we just found in some round about way that most humans have around the same potentials. Therefore, what explains so many differences? Societal influences

So, first although berserk have many sexual themes the main characters are Straight, as some would say. Griffith, although feminine looking, he has one extremely masculine trait. He is excessively methodical. He applies logic and plans to everything. Now think, is it logical for him not to have children of his own. No, so by necessity he must be straight. Yes, emotions and logic don't mix but remember Griffith is COLD.

Griffith relationship with Guts, I think Hi_There got pretty close. It is a power struggle. Guts never wanted to be beneath anybody. Griffith noticed everyone as beneath him and saw no equals. When he found guts' will equal his own he exaggerated it and believed it surpassed his. He underestimated Guts and his obsessions (with winning, getting his own kingdom, etc.) tore his psyche apart. So he became irrational. Yes, Griffith is insane. Don’t worry many leaders, even in real life, have been insane. Insane people usually have the grandest desires and more willpower to achieve them (no longer dreams but fate).

Sorry for the long post.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

I will be short on this one since I have to leave soon.

First of all someone said that Griffith had feelings for Charllote and thats why he came back , making him straight since he loved charlote . BullS@!^ even tho Griffith is a famous well known "hero" he is not of royal blood. But by marrying the queen then he would become a King and have the backup of all the nobles and the people ( which would make his dream come true).

Aconyro said:
So, first although berserk have many sexual themes the main characters are Straight, as some would say. Griffith, although feminine looking, he has one extremely masculine trait. He is excessively methodical.He applies logic and plans to everything. Now think, is it logical for him not to have children of his own. No, so by necessity he must be straight. Yes, emotions and logic don't mix but remember Griffith is COLD.

I dont think there are traits exclusive to Straights, Bisexuals, Homosexuals, men or women. You know how women are obssesed with shoes right? Well I have a male friend that is also obssesed buying shoes.

Lets just look at it this way. Lets take gatts at example. Imagine you haven't heard anything from berserk and you see a drawing off gatts. How would you describe him? I would say, Misterious, Strong and not sure wether good or bad (maybe full of anger and a devil but that would depend of the drawing). You know what? I think that those are the traits that better describe Gatts.

Now lets take Griffiths example, hell i showed griffith to my gf (which donesnt know anything about berserk) and she said: "Oh what a cute girl". Then to make matters worse Griffith has slept with one man ( that we know off) on the series ,offcourse some of you may argument that Griffith did it because he will do anything to achieve his dream. But then again in a manga filled with some many sexual topics I dont think that a bishonen that slept with a man is a coincidence.

P.S: I also think that the gatts/griffith relationship works in many levels. One of them being off griffiths desire for gatts in many areas including sexualy.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Aconyro said:
Griffith relationship with Guts, I think Hi_There got pretty close. It is a power struggle. Guts never wanted to be beneath anybody. Griffith noticed everyone as beneath him and saw no equals. When he found guts' will equal his own he exaggerated it and believed it surpassed his. He underestimated Guts and his obsessions (with winning, getting his own kingdom, etc.) tore his psyche apart. So he became irrational. Yes, Griffith is insane. Don’t worry many leaders, even in real life, have been insane. Insane people usually have the grandest desires and more willpower to achieve them (no longer dreams but fate).

Sorry for the long post.

I'm sorry but I disagree completely with the statement that Griffith is insane. When Guts left him Griffith was upset sure, but not irrational, and his psyche certainly wasn't "torn apart" as you put it. He just made one silly mistake i.e. bedding charlotte. Perhaps i've misunderstood u, how do you define insanity?

E

ELEKTROFUNK

waqas said:
I'm sorry but I disagree completely with the statement that Griffith is insane. When Guts left him Griffith was upset sure, but not irrational, and his psyche certainly wasn't "torn apart" as you put it. He just made one silly mistake i.e. bedding charlotte. Perhaps i've misunderstood u, how do you define insanity?

Griffith is madman... and he definitley is not a good guy. He portrays to be a great leader but he would sacrifice the people that serve for him, for his personal gains and not for the whole.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Waqas, Insanity does not necessarily mean illogical or irrational. Insanity comes in many forms. Only when something challenges the person view does the irrational aspect surface. Like taking someone who thinks restaurant food is poisonous to a restaurant. Griffith's form happens to be an obsession with succeeding coupled with a fear a failure.

A brief explanation of what happened in his mind guts when guts won might look like this. No I I. But. That's how. How it was supposed to work. Thats how i planned it. Thats. This goes on for a while. Then starts the tearing, 'if that didn't work what else have I planned that's not going to work'. In comes the 'nothing matters none of my plans will work now that I’ve begun to fail'. - This is an irrational belief increased by his obsession. So why not just screw the plans up before someone else does the plans will fail anyway. Therefore, he screws Charlotte. Notice there is nothing to do with love here at all.

In addition, like I said before Griffith does have feminine physical features but in actuality, he may not have any sexual tendency at all. Sexual desires consist of emotions; Griffith in his methodical madness cannot afford emotions because they will cloud his logic so he tends to kill emotions. His plans come first and foremost.

Ever see someone whose mind is like a chessboard. Well Griffith lost one of his pieces. Also, he's the type that goes nuts when he's missing a piece. Everything he planned falling into place for so long did not help this any either. It is like missing the piece to your lucky chessboard that you don't lose with. It does not even matter what piece it is. In comes God hand with a bright SHINY new chessboard.

Edit: And from a psychological perspective, a psychologist should not allow himself or herself to suggest a males sexuality based on feminine physical characteristics. There are some males that have become demented and psychotic in an effort to show masculinity and become aggressive and violent if you challenge it. In other words IT COULD GET YOU HURT. You don't even have to say it they'll feel it in how you look at them.

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
ELEKTROFUNK said:
Griffith is madman... and he definitley is not a good guy. He portrays to be a great leader but he would sacrifice the people that serve for him, for his personal gains and not for the whole.

All you've managed to do is convince me that Griffith is a completely selfish individual, which most of here already knew. Being selfish does not make someone insane. Think about it, everyone is selfish at one time or another, does that mean we all suffer from occasional bouts of insanity?

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Complete and total selfishness does make one insane, remember the average person is selfish some of the time, not ALL of the time. Unforntunatley, many whose rise to power strive constantly for themselves and everyone else is a tool to be used. No person is an island, Griffith saw himself as an island and he liked being an island.

And yes most of us suffer from bouts of insanity here and there. Only a few of us are clinically insane.

Here's a question. With all the planning does anyone think griffith would have actually settled for the kingdom had he acheived it the way he planned or would he have started an empire after becoming king?

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
ELEKTROFUNK said:
First of all someone said that Griffith had feelings for Charllote and thats why he came back , making him straight since he loved charlote . BullS@!^ even tho Griffith is a famous well known "hero" he is not of royal blood. But by marrying the queen then he would become a King and have the backup of all the nobles and the people ( which would make his dream come true).

Oh no! Griffith Won Gutts, and called him his possession. Griffith is also very pretty! he must be gay!!!? BullS@!^
It's just a point of view dude.

Applying Griffith as Just a 'hero' and not of Royal blood, is too simplistic. He's practically a massiah to these people. Midland is in ruins from the Kusharn army and the nobles are no where to be seen. When the King died, Midland became 'up for grabs', regardless if Charlotte is saved. I say saved, because if he decimated the Kushan army(or in the process of it) could have had charlotte fall in the rubble, it wouldn't matter. He could just conquer, and the people would accept him as their King. Not many even knew that Charlotte was still alive. However he personally went to her rescue.

I think he had an actual affection for her because he saw her as his equal. He talked to her about his notion of equality around the fountain(you don't talk about equality to those that are below you).
Anyways, I mentioned that part only for the sake that I thought it was the only time Griffith did show Genuine affection that may tie in with his sexuality. However it is still quite ambiguous, but predominant compared to the other examples concerning Gutts and Gennon IMO.

Berserk has many sexual themes, but applying it to every single character equally seems out of place. Griffith in particular, since his ambition surpasses any of his basic human biological traits. That ambition shadowed those traits and we are brought to find examples that predominate over the others, In which I see the rescuing charlotte incident above the rest.

Hi_There said:
When the King died, Midland became 'up for grabs', regardless if Charlotte is saved. I say saved, because if he decimated the Kushan army(or in the process of it) could have had charlotte fall in the rubble, it wouldn't matter. He could just conquer, and the people would accept him as their King. Not many even knew that Charlotte was still alive. However he personally went to her rescue.

I think he had an actual affection for her because he saw her as his equal. He talked to her about his notion of equality around the fountain(you don't talk about equality to those that are below you).
Anyways, I mentioned that part only for the sake that I thought it was the only time Griffith did show Genuine affection that may tie in with his sexuality. However it is still quite ambiguous, but predominant compared to the other examples concerning Gutts and Gennon IMO.

These are executions of Griffith's "logical" planning as aconyro has said.
In the fountain he was seducing Charlotte for his plans.

Aconyro why didn't you mention what was Griffith thinking before the duel strike with Guts? That would be enough to show his insanity ;)

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Xechnao, I thought that was obvious, He believed he had already won the fight before it even started. He had it all planned out and was repeating it to himself. Also he was in a 'peak' moment of his madness shown by his facial expressions. namely his eyes.

And rescuing charlotte, well someone has to inherit my empire might as well salvage part of that old plan i messed up. I already know she'll comply with what i want. (Remember charlotte cannot be his equal her will is not strong enough)

Aconyro said:
Xechnao, I thought that was obvious, He believed he had already won before the fight before it even started. He had it all planned out and was repeating it to himself. Also he was in a 'peak' moment of his madness shown by his facial expressions. namely his eyes.

Yes, but actually the thought he made of accepting better the possibility of killing him instead of "losing" him was the epitome.
That was when he was thinking about the case Guts' sword didn't deviate Griffith's and Griffiths sabre concluded to Guts' head instead of the shoulder.

Hi_There

Born to be MILD!
These are executions of Griffith's "logical" planning as aconyro has said.
In the fountain he was seducing Charlotte for his plans.

That's why I said that it's still quite ambiguous. I just saw his relationship with Charlotte to be the most predominant example if we're to ever try debating his sexual basis. Of course it's still open.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Here is an odd idea.

There will be two percentage scales Heterosexual(HT) and Homosexual (HM)
Because of his physical features Griffith starts at -10HT% & +10HM%

Sex = 30%, Rape = 15%, Dreams = 15%, Emotions toward acts or people = 10-25%, Use of people = -10-25%, "Include others as needed."

HM Scale
Relationship with Gennon +30%
Disgusted at this -15%
Used gennon -10%
Killed gennon -10%
Likes Guts more +20%

HT Scale
Had sex with charlotte +30%
No emotions toward charlotte -10%
Dreamt of life with caska +15%
Raped Caska +15%

If anyone wants to continue this or elaborate feel free. Right now he +25HM% and +40%HT.
(To be bi-sexual he needs at least a 60% score on each one, Currently he does not have a strong tendecy toward anything.)

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
Aconyro said:
Here is an odd idea.

There will be two percentage scales Heterosexual(HT) and Homosexual (HM)
Because of his physical features Griffith starts at -10HT% & +10HM%

Sex = 30%, Rape = 15%, Dreams = 15%, Emotions toward acts or people = 10-25%, Use of people = -10-25%, "Include others as needed."

HM Scale
Relationship with Gennon +30%
Disgusted at this -15%
Used gennon -10%
Killed gennon -10%
Likes Guts more +20%

HT Scale
Had sex with charlotte +30%
No emotions toward charlotte -10%
Dreamt of life with caska +15%
Raped Caska +15%

If anyone wants to continue this or elaborate feel free. Right now he +25HM% and +40%HT.
(To be bi-sexual he needs at least a 60% score on each one, Currently he does not have a strong tendecy toward anything.)

Wow dude that is such a cool idea. I think I'll put a similar technique to use for an old hypothsis on this board that posits that guts may in fact be a half fairy being. So here is my scientific hypothesis:

Is Guts a half fairy - half human being or a pure human?

There are obviously only two percentage scales, Half fairy (HF) and Pure Human (PH). Because we are not sure of what guts really is, we'll start at 0% both ways. So lets get started!

Ok so here are our variables for the PH scale:

Guts having mostly "human" features +30%
Guts speaking only "human" languages +10%
Guts acting "human" (emotions etc) +10%
Guts definately had a human mother +10%

So at the end of the PH scale we are left with a deviation of +60% chance of guts being pure human. It doesn't look good for the fairy camp, but I won't make any judgements just yet, lets get to the HF variables:

Not knowing who guts' natural father was +400%
Guts being much bigger and stronger than the average man +2000%
Guts having 'pointy', fairy like ears + 1 BILLION%

OMG! the chance of of guts being a half fairy being is over 1 billion%!!!!!!. My theory that uses variables I made up proves it beyond all doubt! Man I'm am so sorry I dissed all those people who suggested that guts may not be all human. I think this may just be a turning point for the whole community! Imagine what else we could now understand now that I have given irrefutable mathematical proof for guts being a half fairy!

Griffith and Guts are in fact biological brothers seperated at birth - remember Griffith has 'pointy' ears too!

Zodd is Guts' biological father!!!

Isidro is the ultimate strong one! (he just doesn't know it cos Guts knows and is jealous and is holding him back cos hes just a stupid half fairy bitch pretending to be a big man!)

I'm sure there are plenty more you guys can think of. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom