Ron Paul in 2008

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
Even if he did work for Pat Roberson I don't see how that truly matters. Ron Paul is hiring someone who is good with media relations to fulfil a set function of his campaign namely advertising and publicity.

You don't see how it matters? Pat Robertson is responsible for some of the worst filth ever spouted over the airways, and anyone who helped perpetuate that shit I personally view (and I doubt I'm alone on this) highly negatively. And for RP to point out this particular part of the man's resume as a bonus is very troubling, to me.

Sanguinius said:
It's Ron Paul's views that matter and whatever the views of technocrats he appoints are, is not that important if they remain professional and do their job and follow the views of their employer namely Ron Paul. If they don't he can replace them and will replace them as he has shown because he is bringing in these people because he thinks the people currently doing the job have not performed well enough.

I'm not sure how you can assert that Paul's taste in hiring practices doesn't reflect on Paul himself.

Sanguinius said:
Also my comment was because he gave a very direct open assessment of his campaign it's record and goals you try and tackle him whatever he says. While your own preferred candidate Obama is as vague and indirect as ever.

You make it sound like I'm kicking the retarded child again. I'm so very sorry I've offended you

Sanguinius said:
As for waning support for Ron Paul, I don't know about that, I'm not sure how you measure support online. It's possible some people are floating away as he fails to win states, but a core will have been created. The much bigger question will come next presidential election, and that will be if a similar movement comes about much stronger and earlier that time around and if Ron Paul or someone else carrying his mantle can get through then.

Like I said I was going off the social bookmarking sites like Digg, which have seen a steep drop in promoted stories revolving dear RP. Like you say, it's likely the result of him not winning anything. As for the hope that his message will resonate, that seems nice but this message didn't really start with RP. It will likely continue to have a place in American politics but I wouldn't expect it to start becoming a majority just yet.

S

Sanguinius

CnC said:
You don't see how it matters? Pat Robertson is responsible for some of the worst filth ever spouted over the airways, and anyone who helped perpetuate that shit I personally view (and I doubt I'm alone on this) highly negatively. And for RP to point out this particular part of the man's resume as a bonus is very troubling, to me.

I'm not sure how you can assert that Paul's taste in hiring practices doesn't reflect on Paul himself.

You make it sound like I'm kicking the retarded child again. I'm so very sorry I've offended you

Well I see you ignored my questions relating to which person was supposed to have worked for Pat Robertson and if you're certain it's the same person and not just someone with the same name. Also I never heard Ron Paul mention Robertson so I don't see how he said working for him was a bonus. Assuming that the guy that worked for Pat Robertson is the same man that Ron Paul is appointing.

I'm not saying who he appoints doesn't matter, of course it does. But this is a guy who works in public relations, is he even a highly political individual or more of a consultant who works for money like most people do? I don't know, but out of everything that Ron Paul said the ONLY thing you could common on was the idea that this guy who works in media relations could be the same guy that worked for Pat Robertson? That was the only thing you found comment worthy?

Also don't complain about the way I talk, and say I take this personally. You're not the one that has people cursing at them and sending hostile messages to them, I am. In various phrasings I've been told to shut the Fuck up at least 3 times and mocked many more than that.

CnC said:
Like I said I was going off the social bookmarking sites like Digg, which have seen a steep drop in promoted stories revolving dear RP. Like you say, it's likely the result of him not winning anything. As for the hope that his message will resonate, that seems nice but this message didn't really start with RP. It will likely continue to have a place in American politics but I wouldn't expect it to start becoming a majority just yet.

I've never actually heard of Digg so I'll need to look into it, but who knows time will tell. As for the message being around for a long time, sure it has, but sometimes you need a focal point to appear to bring people together in order for them to coordinated their actions.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sanguinius said:
Well I see you ignored my questions relating to which person was supposed to have worked for Pat Robertson and if you're certain it's the same person and not just someone with the same name. Also I never heard Ron Paul mention Robertson so I don't see how he said working for him was a bonus. Assuming that the guy that worked for Pat Robertson is the same man that Ron Paul is appointing.

Well considering you never phrased it the form of a question I didn't know you were asking. I was assuming you had watched the video you posted. But RP doesn't actually name him, he just says he's the new political director:
"Also, another individual who has very much involved in campaigning (especially caucus work) who had worked with Pat Robertson now is going to be the political director."
Looks like your boy is being as vague and indirect as ever.

Sanguinius said:
I'm not saying who he appoints doesn't matter, of course it does. But this is a guy who works in public relations, is he even a highly political individual or more of a consultant who works for money like most people do? I don't know, but out of everything that Ron Paul said the ONLY thing you could common on was the idea that this guy who works in media relations could be the same guy that worked for Pat Robertson? That was the only thing you found comment worthy?

Political director. Two words: Karl Rove.
Discussion over. Thanks for playing.

Sanguinius said:
Also don't complain about the way I talk, and say I take this personally. You're not the one that has people cursing at them and sending hostile messages to them, I am. In various phrasings I've been told to shut the Fuck up at least 3 times and mocked many more than that.

You're a real saint

Sanguinius said:
I've never actually heard of Digg so I'll need to look into it, but who knows time will tell. As for the message being around for a long time, sure it has, but sometimes you need a focal point to appear to bring people together in order for them to coordinated their actions.

Well digg is just a bookmarking site. Stories or whatever get voted on and those with enough votes hit the front page. For the longest time RP stories were ALL over the place. Not the case anymore. I think it's pretty similar in the blogosphere as well.
Considering how much support for RP was generated on the internet I'd say this is pretty major, if true.

Top Bottom