Samu2ai's colors

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Nice, that'll look really good when done. That's one of my favorite shots from the manga. ;D

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Samu2aiMugen said:
New Stuff:  ;D

Dayyyyyyym that's a nice one.  Dunno how I missed it when you posted.  Wow.

Flora's house should be pretty damn sweet too. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks Lith....that means alot coming from ya......I'm about half way through with Flora's house....but school and work have been taking away from it .....so it should be up within a week.... ;D

Zelz said:
Very nice, coloring, I like how you are updating the picture as you progress, great work man   ;D

Thanks.....i'm working on it little by little...while working on school work....and reading Kevin Smith's book "Silent Bob Speaks"

Alot of stuff on my plate...plus this is by far the most detailed and challenging one i've attempted so far....IMO

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Something that strikes me as odd about the treehouse, all the branches seem to be lit from different angles. The big ones from left to right: they're lit from right, front right, front, back.

that's because in a forest ......there are openings in the canopy that light different parts of things........that is why i said this is one of the hardest pics to do......especially cause everyone has there own opinion on how it should be done.....

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Objects are lit from different directions when there are more then one light source or they are in different places with respect to a single light source. The directions the large branches are lit from does not allow for it being a single light source, but the only noteworthy light source in this scene should be the sun.

that's because in a forest ......there are openings in the canopy that light different parts of things
Openings in a canopy do not change the direction light hits an object. They block most of the light and only let bits through, creating a spotted pattern.

I was thinking of suggesting you use such a lit/unlit pattern in your lighting in my last post but it occurred to me that the main determinate of whether or not you do that is more an issue of wheather or not you're capable rather then whether or not you think of it.

I Finally finished it.......I'm very happy how it came out......so here you guys go.....ENJOY!?!?! ;D
projectfinal.jpg

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, I really like it.  The darker foreground really makes it stand out.  You might want to add some contrast to Guts' face though, it looks kinda flat.

Edit: P.S.: please reply to that PM I sent you like a week ago. ;D

my next project is to recreate one of Lith's colors ....to try and understand and get better ......so i can try to create her style...........There's always room for improvement

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~ccannon/berserk/241_14_fullcolor.jpg
this is the one i'm trying to redo

Lith inspires everyone to learn more........this is what i got so far

project.jpg
Let's see what i've learned so far trying to recreate Lith's way of coloring.....It's alot of work let me tell you.....I have a new found respect for her work now that i understand how she gets it to look the way it does....finally done. ;D

Thanks ;D....but i did it close to the way Lith does.....and let me tell you....it's alot more ...work...but it's more gratifying when you done....

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Sweet. I'd give the eye some orange in the one where it's sneaking up his back. Also in that one, in the second frame Guts appears to be suffering from Scooby-Doo syndrome, in that his eye is flesh colored.

Top Bottom