Serpico Apostle!

Aazealh said:
If Farnese were to leave him, he could just want to make the pain disappear, like the Count did. It's not like there's a strict procedure to follow.

I know there is no real procedure but my point is that you have to have something wrong with your state of mind to sacrifice someone you care about and I don't see that happening with Serpico.

Well, Niko's beherit did, in the DC game. The Count also used his beherit twice, and now Guts possesses it. From all the discussions about beherits that take place in the manga, it's rather safe to assume that beherits can be used by different persons.

Thanks for correcting me on that one. I had completely forgoten about Niko. Other than the count what do you mean by other discussions?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
"Thanks for killing me Guts, now go lose control and kill Farnese. Oh, and I love you too, take this kiss and run."

Yeah... I know I'm holding my breath waiting for that one. too Seriously, by comparison, the Serpico Apostle scenario looks like occam's razor.

Anyway, it looks like they're just going to start getting along again anyway, Serpico showed just enough potential growth in this episode that he's not totally obsolete anymore (and hey, the feathersword is waiting, but then again, the real battle hasn't even started). Also, people seem to miss the point that most people don't become Apostles because they want to. It's not like a profession you go into or seek out.

Use your imaginations.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
Other than the count what do you mean by other discussions?

"Discussions" maybe wasn't the best word to use, I just meant all of what we know about beherits in the manga, including the various talks the characters had about them.

I dont think Seprico would do any of that, even if he is hurt by farnesse, not after traveling with Guts and all.

Actually until now i dun see Serpico as a bad guy in any way... He just wan to protect Farnese that all... Hope that Guts will not force her to embark her on such a perilous journey, but since the group insist despite warning... He had no choice but to fight... Seriously you cant blame him...

But for him turning into apostle i really doubt its possible...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
He just wan to protect Farnese that all... Hope that Guts will not force her to embark her on such a perilous journey, but since the group insist despite warning... He had no choice but to fight... Seriously you cant blame him...

The "group" that insists on journeying includes Farnese... Guts didn't force them to join him in the first place. Sorry Smith, but I think that in the present situation the one to blame is indeed Serpico.

Aazealh said:
Guts didn't force them to join him in the first place. Sorry Smith, but I think that in the present situation the one to blame is indeed Serpico.

Yeah It was Farnese idea actually (Serpico didnt want it in the first place)... but now since she decided to settle down, maybe the group should just take the boat and leave... It was because of Caska that Guts have to take this duel...

Like someone mentioned... This battle was for their loved one...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Yeah It was Farnese idea actually (Serpico didnt want it in the first place)... but now since she decided to settle down, maybe the group should just take the boat and leave... It was because of Casca that Guts have to take this duel...

Do you really believe that Farnese wants to marry Roderick? I doubt it personally. And I doubt Serpico to approve of it. Guts and co decided to go see Farnese to ask her for an explanation, and to try to get her back with them. It's totally legitimate for people in their situation, so I don't see how this could justify anything really.

Moreover, Guts obviously didn't decide to go and get Farnese back just because of Casca, his comment was humorous.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Really? Thought all Guts really care was Casca?

Nah, he cares about his new found friends, there's no doubt about that. Remember his reaction when Serpico said that they wouldn't be coming back, and how he didn't even look at the scroll that would have allowed them to get a boat and a crew.

His very comment at the end of episode 252, deciding to go and get her back, is the archetype of the cheap excuse. He's saying that a ship is too cheap a compensation for the privilege of taking care of Casca and having a good meal. Definitely more of a joke than anything else.

Aazealh said:
He's saying that a ship is too cheap a compensation for the privilege of taking care of Casca and having a good meal. Definitely more of a joke than anything else.

Couldnt agree more on that...

Especially about having a good meal...

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
*Sigh* I really didn't want to have to pull out the big, loud, cheap, obnoxious guns to provide a "sufficient case" for Serpico Apostle(a position I was personally against in the beginning.) BUT,

You have all forgotten that Miura-sensei has given unto himself the biggest damn plot device in the history of manga: A sentient being, motives unclear, which can UNDULY INFLUENCE CAUSALITY! >:(

If Miura-sensei decides to make Serpico into an apostle, he'll do it. And he'll make it seem utterly cool and unpredictable, to boot.

Well, of course, he is the writer if he wanted to do it, I'm sure he would, but the question is, would he do it based on how the storyline is now?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Herald of Yama said:
If Miura-sensei decides to make Serpico into an apostle, he'll do it. And he'll make it seem utterly cool and unpredictable, to boot.

Great point, almost paraphrasing what I said, too.

Now, check this out: :-*

If Miura-sensei decides to make <insert name> into an apostle, he'll do it. And he'll make it seem utterly cool and unpredictable, to boot.

All i know is i'd hate to see it, i like the poor guy, and if it did happen i dont see it happaning for a long time, If serpico is to sacrafise Farnese i think the motives would have to develop over time.

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
Now, check this out: :-*

If Miura-sensei decides to make <insert name> into an apostle, he'll do it. And he'll make it seem utterly cool and unpredictable, to boot.

insert name: Erica. :???:

but seriously folks, like smith said, Serpico has really become part of the band now. It would almost (just almost) be as silly as Ishidro becoming an apostle to be a better swordsman.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
seriously folks, like smith said, Serpico has really become part of the band now. It would almost (just almost) be as silly as Isidro becoming an apostle to be a better swordsman.

Smith is clueless, and that's why he revived this thread in the way he did. The chances of Serpico becoming an apostle are as low now as they were 10 or 20 episodes ago, it's just a matter of perspective. The tone of Griffith's original post should have been enough to prevent this kind of discussion... The thread was originally about what his apostle form would be, not whether he'd become one or not.

Top Bottom