Serpy Colors

Didn't even notice you uploaded new version. You should make a new post saying what you did in the new version and so that your thread moves to the top again

Looks much better from the previous one I saw. Maybe just my inexperience talking, but the sunshine at the back may look too glowy... I don't know, I'll just wait on CnC opinion

Btw, why didn't you colored the Wind Spirits in your Serpico coloring?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't notice before, but Serpico's cloak is colored wrong. It should be green, not blue.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think its much better, also. I think the foreground characters pop out of the background a lot more effectively with the light behind them. Some issues I have with it still lie with the lighting. If the light is coming from behind them the characters would be darker for being back-lit. The trees still kinda compete with the subject nor do they adhere to the same lighting conditions.

From the original inks the light is indicated from the top/top right region of the picture. I think that should probably be kept in mind when you color this. From there you can go to how to best depict the scene.
Keep at it.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Shadowkin said:
Looks much better from the previous one I saw. Maybe just my inexperience talking, but the sunshine at the back may look too glowy... I don't know, I'll just wait on CnC opinion

Btw, why didn't you colored the Wind Spirits in your Serpico coloring?

Thanks, I agree with you. I was actually aiming for glowy but I don't think I managed to tie all the lighting together perfectly yet.

I never actually finished the Serpico/Farnese one. When I tackle it again though there is a few other things I'll try to do along with coloring the wind spirits.

CnC said:
If the light is coming from behind them the characters would be darker for being back-lit. The trees still kinda compete with the subject nor do they adhere to the same lighting conditions.

From the original inks the light is indicated from the top/top right region of the picture. I think that should probably be kept in mind when you color this. From there you can go to how to best depict the scene.

I see what you are saying, all good advice. I'll probably try to put it into action when I have the time and energy make a serious effort. What I really wanted to do from the start was cool lighting breaking through the trees almost straight down. I might move on in the meantime so I don't get too bored working on the same thing though. Got a lot of schoolwork to finish up though too.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Serpico said:
What I really wanted to do from the start was cool lighting breaking through the trees almost straight down.

Thats a good idea. If it were my piece I'd probably do something similar and use that to help pop out the foreground.

you are really talented :p
i loved your work so much specially that picture for Serpico & Farnese, man it took my head out >_<
hope to see more and more :p

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Shadow8 said:
This is the colo that I like the more in the creation station. Keep you good work!

Thanks. When I get the time I will work on some more.

serpicoo said:
you are really talented :p
i loved your work so much specially that picture for Serpico & Farnese, man it took my head out >_<
hope to see more and more :p

Thank you, There are a few more pages I want to get to. Basically all the good Serpico and Farnese pages actually.

Got a million and 10 things going on; pencil art, tablet art, 3D art, flash game, and digital colorations, 90% of that centered around Farnese. Probably won't finish anything till after my finals on the 17th, then I will have a bit of time.

Top Bottom