Sexually explicit content. Yay!

Salvatore

I'm a llama!
Miura likes a touch of realism into his story, that´s how I see it. It reminds me also about the schools I studied in literature, Miura could surely be defined as naturalist(Once again, this is my point of view). The reason I say that is because he shows all characters w/ huge psicological introspection and because sometimes the characters behave like animals(example: when gatts goes berserk). I could go on and on w/ this, but, in the end, it´s just sex showed without censure. I think it´s a great work. It´s not like noone did that before, I already read books about lesbian nuns. Books considered to be a piece o art. So, look into it that way, it´s just art.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Walter said:
Did you know Guts stole his big sword from Cloud?
hahahaha that was a funny yet shitacular topic...guts didn't steal his sword from sagara sanosuke, besides sanosuke uses it only once i think. who cares anyway sega took the dragon slayer added a yellow outline and even dared to call it the Dragon Slayer and put it in phantasy star online (the gcn version has a different looking one)
heres the topic walter made fun of:
Doc AntMan said:
I think cloud's the one who made it really popular... the old I'm tough cause i got a big ass sword thing comes in..... ahh well I think Guts is really the only one who can justify this image!

Gatts0800

If you have an ass I will kick it!
Gatts could cut Cloud in two anyway. Anyways, I think the sexual content in Berserk is like most have said a way to advance the story or to even provide the reader with the certain emotions that are being felt at that time. For example, Casca's rape by Femto, when I read that I was pratically feeling what Gatts felt totally helpless. Or when Gatts and Casca got it on in vol 9 I was about to cry, because as a reader I wanted them to get together for so long and was happy that it finally happend and even when Gatts opened up to Casca made me pratically burst into tears. Now about vol 18 and the pagan orgy, look at the point in time when this was taking place. The plague was running rampant along with famine and natural disasters. So many people probably thought that god abandoned them so they reverted to paganism. And in that given pagan belief that is in the pages of Berserk sex is seen as a method of worship. Plus, I think Miuria drew that particular scence to show the almost animalistic characteristics of the pagan believers. About Farnese and her masterbation scences etc. is more than likely to show how much she is torn up about her emotions and her dispostion to express them. So in conclusion I think that the sex scences in Berserk are neccesary for the development of the story.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
theblakeman said:
Consider the fact that Berserk was made before FF7 (1989) and I think you will ifnd your answer. ::)
yeah I know, thats why that post was hilarious, If you took some time to looks more carefully you would see that was quoted from doc antman

G

Gechmir

Good lord! You missed that sarcasm? ::) (J/K)

Meh. I agree with previous posts. I too am against censorship in EVERY way. In one class, I did a fifteen page paper on it for a senior report. Its really ridiculous what is being censored.

The sexual stuff I am indifferent toward. If you "enjoy" it, have fun. If you are "offended" by such material, read up on Witchcrafts and such from the dark ages. What was that book... The Crucible I think it was?... A bunch of people were wrongfully executed once they were accused of being witches, who danced in the forest naked. Now this is an older book and the "dance in the forest naked" could be seen as different or one thing led to another, and the "Big Pimpin'" (As theblakeman so nicely puts it) commenced ;)

This adds to the effect. The stuff with Griffith raping Caska was meant to show what Guts went through. Plus, if you saw one frame of it, and guts hacked his arm off, it'd be too rushed. He was watching it, struggling for a minute or so before he hacked it off. The people didn't play board games for enjoyment in those ages! It was all about watching executions and sex. Well, not entirely, but that was the nitty gritty at times!

The bath scene with Farneze and Caska was meant for humor. Nothing demeaning there. Griffith with Charlotte was important. The father with Charlotte was important, depicting his insanity that Griffith brought to rise. Caska and Guts? Meh. It sealed the relationship. Personally, this stuff doesn't bug me at all 8)

PS: To reply to Walter's earlier statement... Some n00b on a game review of Berserk: Guts' Rage claimed that Guts was a Cloud ripoff. Oh, the irony :D

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
I've never found the sex in Berserk to be off-putting or particularly dark really. It's very human.

I was confused by the Femento-Casca rape scene however because, towards the end, it almost looked consensual. Maybe it was just me but it seemed more convoluted then only rape.

The demon-animal rape theme is begining to grate on my nerves but hey... Muira has to pay his bills.

What *really* bugged me was the demon child's birth scene. I mean, Casca's with Gatts what? Two weeks and she's preggers? What unbelievably crap luck.

G

Gechmir

Its a demon child. Even two years after its birth, it appeared as a young, seemingly pre-birth form of a child. Enhanced growth sounds proper to me :)

Top Bottom