Spider Man 2

Im sure many people have seen a spiderman 2 trailer but oh well.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_2/

I long lost interest in western comics and stuff related to them but this looks pretty good.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I was never a big fan of these characters though. Except for Harry Osbourne, I like him for some reason.
Initially I expected this sequel to be just "another episode" with heightened CG effects. But so far this looks like a well developed plot.

Then again, there have been known to be horrible flicks that had enticing, dramatic trailers with plot points that were never touched upon (e.g. Matrix Revolutions).

I wasn't impressed with the first movie and I didn't like the power ranger costume reject used by the green goblin.

Looking at the trailers looks like it's setting up for Harrie Obsburne to be the Green Goblin in the third movie.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I forget the name of the "other" goblin...
hell, if there's a villian that needs to be seen in the big screen, its Venom and Carnage....

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Renegade said:
Hobgoblin...

Toby McGuire already signed a contract for three Spiderman movies, so if this one is successful as well, we could be in for a hell of a trilogy.
indeed... ;)
thanx for the clarification

Nomad said:
HobGoblin ?

edit : sorry i didn't read everything... i didn't see that renegade said it..

Nomad said:
hell, if there's a villian that needs to be seen in the big screen, its Venom and Carnage....
Yeeaaahhh it would be awesome :D

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
my cousin was on the set of making spider man 2 since hes an actor. Hes not famous but he was in a beutiful mind and some other stuff. If you saw the dancing thing on mtv for the best dancers, in new york my cousin made it on there for the top 20 best dancers in new york. he even tought himslef to dance is the funy part out of the thousands of people that tried out and spent there lifes geting lessons he jsut tought himeslf and made it on. Also sparnage im not a fan of my countrys comics too much but i do love spawn. Spawn has got to be the coolest western hero ever. Spider man 2 is looking decent though, unlike daredevil.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
looks ok. I have to say there are good comics and graphic novels out there that are really good but not japanese manga. I think that japan does the best art, hey they created berserk but to say that if its not manga it blows is not a good way to fly. its hard to find a really good werstern comic, but if you look hard enough at different comics from around the world im sure you will fine something that interests you thats not manga. Although we can all agree that berserk is the best.

nir085

Horse and Armor
ZODDGUTS said:
I wasn't impressed with the first movie and I didn't like the power ranger costume reject used by the green goblin.

Looking at the trailers looks like it's setting up for Harrie Obsburne to be the Green Goblin in the third movie.
I hated the Green Goblin costume too, it was poorly made. I don't know if they will introduce Harry Osbourne as the Green Goblin in the third movie. I kind of have a feeling that he will die somehow in this movie. At least I hope so because it would be stupid and pointless for the Green Goblin story to drag on for an entire trilogy. Only a Venom/Carnage story deserves to drag on for that long. Harry already tries to kill Parker in the second movie and begins his hatred for him in the first movie, so I'm sure it will be concluded in this next film. Maybe Harry Osbourne will die in the scene in the trailer where he raises a dagger above Spider-man's head. Then again, that could always be some poor bastard in Spiderman's costume. Besides, the Harry Osbourne in the comic book series was able to become the Green Goblin because Spiderman returned a dead Norman to him with his costume and all. In the movie that does not happen, perhaps for a reason, and Harry is not smart enough to manufacture a costume by himself. But I guess there is an equal chance that I'm wrong. Harry being omitted from the 3rd movie would make the plot kind of boring and I don't see him becoming a good guy anytime soon.
Nomad said:
Indeed. That would seem far fetched at first but imagine the results. So far the Spiderman movies have been like the other Marvel movies, they haven't really stood out in my opinion, but if they introduced Venom alone and introduced him well....that would make a revolutionary film. Sure the plot would have been condensed as hell and it would have cost an assload, but that would be the best CGI-fest ever. Carnage is even cooler than Venom, but there is no way in hell they'd be able to fit them both in one film. I'd worship them if they were able to fit one in one film. The Spiderman villains outside of Green Goblin, Venom, and Carnage are all mediocre or stupid.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well dont judge too fast, I mean about venom or carnage. These guys are super cool, they can't be pushovers. I mean theres only the 1st spiderman movie, and peter just learned how to use his powers. Dr.Octopus should be more of a challenge for him, and maybe they will add in after that some other bad guy. When they do Venom, he really has to pull out all the stops. I mean, Venom is cool with his changing shape and everything. Then Carnage is supposed to be psyco so hes supposed to come after. They should do it in an order.

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Venom or Carnage would make great villians for the big screen. But i liked the Spider-Man movie and two looks promising... Who knows, maybe venom or carnage will make thier way into SM3 if were lucky. Venom would be more probable than Carnage though.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Nomad said:
I hear ya, but that won't happen...
See the way I figure it they are trying to appeal to old fans of the Spidey comic as well as newer younger ones or ones who just want to see the movies.

And they need to use older enemies that older fans will recognize, such as Octavius and Green Goblin. Venom has only been around since I think '94 when Todd created him, and Carnage even less.

But if they did do Venom and Carnage my plan would be, introduce Venom and some lesser enemy like the shocker or the rhino in number two(they are not in cahoots though). Have him defeat the the lesser enemy then have him battle but Venom escapes etc. Then since we know Toby signed on for a third we introduce Carnage in the third and have them do that whole side story where Venom and Spidey team up against Carnage.

Thats how I would've done the movies anyway. (If I wasn't trying to appeal to older fans)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
You have some bad timing. http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11977

Heh, yeah the evil dead series was pretty sweet, I would read a bit if I had the chance.

As for Venom and Carnage, I see no chance of them making a appearence into spiderman movies even if it did go for more then 3 movies, I believe they are keeping the spiderman concepts around science fiction and wont start using things related to alien technology.

although i agree the chances of venom being in a spiderman movie are slim, they did mention eddie brocks name in the first movie. i can still dream of venom on the big screen. *drools*

Im a huge spiderman comic collector. I have everything. But, I wasn't much for the movie and this one will probrably be no different. A DVD rental at best.

Fasty_McNasty said:
although i agree the chances of venom being in a spiderman movie are slim, they did mention eddie brocks name in the first movie. i can still dream of venom on the big screen. *drools*

Yeah I notice that too when they mention eddie brock. Maybe they show Eddie Brock in the second movie and show sometype of a rivalry between brock and peter. :-\

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
nir085 said:
there is no way in hell they'd be able to fit them both in one film.
they did in 3 comics... best one ever... spiderman didnt had a chance...PERIOD...

Nomad said:
they did in 3 comics... best one ever... spiderman didnt had a chance...PERIOD...

The Spider Man cartoon that was on Fox a couple years ago had both carnage and venom in a couple of episodes. 8)

I think they'll leave the kingpin in the Daredevil franchise. As for Venom and Carnage, the director says he wants to put Venom in as early as the third movie or as late as the fourth movie. If I ever come across the site again I'll post a link. I'm willing to bet that we'll see the goblin team in the next movie. That or the Lizard.

Top Bottom