spreading the word

FatalTapper

Some things are worth tapping for...
Hey people,

wow, my first post... i've been lurking for a looong time, its time to break my vow of silence.

Anyway, its 2:30 am, in the midst of an all nighter I feel like rambling.

Ok, just wondering, how many of you go out of your way to try and convert people into berserk fans? I've been lending out my berserk tapes to friends for a long time. Now before I knew it, the now converted are turning more and people into berserk. So this friday a bunch of people are going to be rounded for a berserk screening/possibly marathon at my friends place. I'm pretty psyched about it, and I think that everyone in this community should do something similar to expand berserk fandom.

I'll let you know this friday about the turnout/converted ratio...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*grins* welcome!!... ;D

so far I've shown Berserk to five people, that means all of my friends who are actually interested in watching something different than gladiator and deep blue sea. The reactions have varied:

One totally addicted like me, who liked berserk for the dark and wonderfully insightful writing.

One desperate addict who is still swearing about the fact that for some reason his laptop refuses to play some of the middle episodes of the series.

One guy who fell totally in love with Griffith and didn't stop playing the sopundtrack for weeks.

One who I think liked it... but is pissed because he did not discovered it first and thus doesn't like to admit it.

And finally... one who just watched the first episode, thought the sword was unrealisticly large and didn't want to watch anymore.

hehe all kinds of people out there...

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I did the same thing, except I made them come over and watch the mpegs with me while I played them through the tv with my computer... then I upgraded to the HK DVD set (they didn't seem interested in the original japanese only version ;)) and now some are berserk freaks!

I'm still trying to convince a few... but soon enough their fate shall be sealed!

Most of the people I know were converted already or won't let me. (One of the local anime clubs here shows it as a feature.) I have one friend who absolutly refuses to let me show it to her since we both love the same types of anime and she can't afford to get addicted to another series.

But I converted 1 person through the music and the manga scans. I don't have copies of the anime (someone lent them to me on tape) and so i had to do something. Now he is dying to see the anime. I have another I'm slowly converting through the music also.

I have tried to convert friends etc but most are too closed minded to accept anime as anything but cartoons. If it had guys drinking beer and talking about sex and football then maybe they would watch it. Hoenstly, I was already a big anime fan before I saw berserk..however, once started i could not stop until I reached ep 25 and was glad to find all the information I needed here to follow that up.

Anime is kind of an expensive hobby and most people I know are not resourceful enough to do anything that requires some work ( hunting down the manga and the Dvd's for example ) and would rather not bother.

I find that the hunt for info or a volume I need to be part of the fun.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
;D I was only successful with one! You guys probably saw bits and pieces of Viridis on this board asking random commentaries after I injected the anime into him with rediculus dorm connections! ;D

Other than that, I don't think it'd be easy to convince my other friends, I mean, Sarah Mcgauchlan (SP!) fans...*shudder*

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i am not trying to convince friends to watch berserk.
i think the interest should come from inside without any help...

and... most of the people, and even close friends of mine do not understand what a deep-going, beautiful and cool story... or should i say epos... berserk is.

FatalTapper

Some things are worth tapping for...
Well, I tell people about Berserk every chance I get. Not only because I want to discuss Berserk with people I know, but also to expand the berserk fan base in general. A strong demand naturally leads to supply, so in a way i'm doing what I can to bring berserk related goodies to the states.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Well, I tell people about Berserk every chance I get. Not only because I want to discuss Berserk with people I know, but also to expand the berserk fan base in general. A strong demand naturally leads to supply, so in a way i'm doing what I can to bring berserk related goodies to the states.

yeah, you're right in a way, but... you know what I want to avoid is:

"WHOA gAZ iS sO sTRNOG!!! HIS ALLMIHGTY sWODR ISS SO HUGE hE gONNA sQUEEZ Y'aLL"

:p

Top Bottom