Superman..... is dead...

ParaParaJMo

Para Para Hawk
It's a pity that he had to die. I used to volunteer for the disabled students when I was in high school and people like Christoper Reeve gave me hope for them. I even believed that Christopher Reeve would walk again. Despite he was always connected to being Superman for most of his acting career, he was one of the best (at being Superman) and being an actor. Dean Cain and Tom Welling could never fill his shoes. RIP Reeve.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
"Griffith No More!" said:
Did he forclose on the farm, rape your grandma, steal your girlfriend!? You're not just some dipshit that hates people you read about in magazines are you?

And this is worse then people who morn the passing of someone who never had any personal attachment to them?

Conclusion:
Here we find out the various aspects of the relationship of a celebrity and its public, especially when such celebrity dies.  8)  :p

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
QUeeN typhonblue said:
And this is worse then people who morn the passing of someone who never had any personal attachment to them?

Oh... whu, no, oh no, I mean, what!? I'm confused! damn! You got me, I NEVER thought of THAT@! Damn blue, you shaken things UP toDAY! Wally, help, I've been mindfucked here!!!! Throw me a line!

Oh wait, I mean, UGH!

If he didn't like Reeve's movies, then he could trash him perfectly validly. But Kaka said himself he enjoyed his performances, as do others that mourn him now, in that way he touched their lives and they have a kind of relationship with the man. So unless he had a relationship with Reeve besides that of a perfermor to an audience (like anal rape, or maybe Reeve's ran over his dog), he has no right to speak in such a way. Well, save for the right of the foolish, confused, and sad. =)

I mean, just look at what he wrote for Christ's sake...*chuckle*

Kakkoii_Guts said:
Everyone started feeling sorry for Reeve's when he became paralyzed. They all forgot what a smug bastard he was. I didn't. I never liked the guy. And I never will like the guy.

For the record I do enjoy the Superman movies and Reeve's work as an actor. It is the person outside of the movies that I didn't enjoy.

URRRRRRRRRGH! REEEEEEEVVVES!! NEVAR FORGET!!! ;D

The real question here is: how could I not make fun of this?

"They all forgot what a smug bastard he was. I didn't. I never liked the guy. And I never will like the guy."

Hahahaha!!

typhonblue

If he didn't like Reeve's movies, then he could trash him perfectly validly. But Kaka said himself he enjoyed his performances, as do others that mourn him now, in that way he touched their lives and they have a kind of relationship with the man. So unless he had a relationship with Reeve besides that of a perfermor to an audience (like anal rape, or maybe Reeve's ran over his dog), he has no right to speak in such a way. Well, save for the right of the foolish, confused, and sad. =)

Since Reeve's movie carrer(thus his personal impact on people) ended in 1995, why morn it now?

Griffith

QUeeN typhonblue said:
Since Reeve's movie carrer(thus his personal impact on people) ended in 1995, why morn it now

I never said they were mourning his career. They mourn the man who's career touched them.

Try, "Why's Superman's suit blue?" on me next.

xechnao said:
I guess if Olivier had given his preview just yet mental masturbation would be on lower levels...slightly

Better keep your mouth closed, you might get some inside. ;)

typhonblue

I never said they were mourning his career. They mourn the man who's career touched them.

His death should have no affect on them since it was his *career* that touched them.

Griffith

QUeeN typhonblue said:
His death should have no affect on them since it was his *career* that touched them.

1820_shawshank_096.jpg

"Are you being obtuse?"​

You're really keeping me on my toes with this petty and banal line of questioning, that almost WASN'T word for word what I'd thought you'd ask. But, as I explained twice now, they mourn the man that they knew only through his works. They liked him because they liked his work, so they mourn his passing, as is the custom when one you like dies. Everybody got that?

Look, I understand (don't respect) the point you're trying to make, it's simply invalid. And before you ask the same question again, keep in mind his career DIDN'T end until the time of his death. He was still involved in directing and producing, he was also in a few films even after his accident I believe, but I am not sure. I didn't want to bring it up since your point sucks anyway. But know now that it doubly sucks. =)

Out: Game 7

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
QUeeN typhonblue said:

Yet he became so much more famouse when everyone started to feel sorry for him. People like pathetic celebrities, so every time people read about them, they could feel good about them selves. If you looked in a newspaper and read "C. Reeves stood up for 2 seconds!", what would you think?

"Aww, keep trying Chris, you will make it someday. Just keep trying..." would be the thoughts of the average american. They now have the ability to look down on him, seeing him as inferior. Why do you think people like carrot top so much? Personally, I think he is a fucking dumbass. But if he died right now, everyone would feel sad because theres one less lesser being to compare themselves to.

Its like when a sick puppy dies, it cant do shit, but people still feel sorry for it.

People dont like the idea they are one of the biggest losers in the country. So with someone disabled as C. Reeves, they have someone to compare to.

Do you think Reeves would ever find an equal? Can both feel the same about each other, and that equal can walk?

M

medievald00d

well, this is an interesting topic.

Should we feel sorry for christopher reeves?

Reasons why we should respect him:
After all, he opened up a paralysis foundation to help the crippled
He's given millions devoted to the research for paralysis
He's used his fame to help people with disabilities
He played Superman in a few movies.
He's dead

Reasons why we shouldnt respect him:
He opened up his foundation after he himself was paralyzed
Thousands of other famous and non famous people help other people every day, by donating to cancer foundations, aids walks, etc, even though they dont have the disease.
Reeves' actions, although altruistic, could be viewed as selfish at the same time; after all, he never donated to any cancer foundations...did he?

Personally, I didnt respect him too much, but i did feel sorry for him. Now that he's dead, i feel even more sorry for him. I guess.

Griffith

Queenfan01 said:
I could certainly be deeper than that for my sophisticated public restroom audience.   :(

I typically enjoy what I see on the restroom walls of my college, example...

"GOD HELP THIS SATE FULL OF WEAK FAGS!"

written underneth that

"yes, we want strong fags!"

Comedy gold.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
I typically enjoy what I see on the restroom walls of my college, example...

"GOD HELP THIS SATE FULL OF WEAK FAGS!"

written underneth that

"yes, we want strong fags!"

Comedy gold.
I rather enjoy the odd "Fuck" or "Shit" carved into the wall myself. Seeing as it's not really directed at anyone so it's just a random statement and as such doesn't mean anything, it's so juvenile I can't help but laugh whenever I see it.

Oh yeah, shit smeared all over the walls and kicked all over the floor is another awesome one. Y'know just walking into the bathroom and seeing a huge pile of shit on the drainpipe in the middle of the room really makes my day.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
I expect to see Reeve back within the month, four Christopher Reeves actually; one of steel, one of youth, one of machine, and one of sunglasses. =)

more like a peice of aluminum foil, a limbless child, a toaster, and one of sunglasses.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Fuck the words on bathroom walls, I like those detailed pictures of some woman with nutz on her chin. I only like those other colorful words that have meaning, like setting an appointment; Something like "For "brotherly" love, meet at 1:00 A.M..."

Never cared for him (he was an asshole) and his movies pretty much were tankers.
Aside from that he was cool. I guess that death is a part of the process, and that all we can do is fight it off aslong as we have the strength to swing our excessively large swords. Sorry had to slip a small Berserk pun in there some where. ;D
BLOODY NEEDLES​

Top Bottom