Tell Me Why

W

waqas786uk

Well I have a confession to make here.

When I first saw Berserk the thing that first i noticed about it was the opening music, and how bad it was. It seemingly had nothing to do with the anime and its mood and tone was completely different from the tone of the series. It really did seem out of place and I wondered what on earth possesed the producers of the show to use it. The thing I hated, and laughed at, most was the accent it was sung in. If they wanted and english opening why didnt they use an english song? or at least a japanese band with a front man with an accent you can understand? I mean, "Put your grasses on"? What the fuck is that? (yeah I know its really "Put your glasses on")

But as I watched more episodes and began listening to the opening more and more I suddenly found myself liking it. I couldn't believe that a song I hated was now part of my mp3 collection (which is pretty small and hard to get into ;)).

A lot of people hate Tell Me Why and I understand that its not for all taste's and I myself do wonder what makes me like it so much. I guess it could be the tune and lyrics which have a happy-go-lucky and a whatever happens will happen fell to them, a sentiment which is ironically foreign in the world of berserk where everone's destiney is pre-determined. Maybe thats why the shows producers wanted the song in there? Or maybe they have strange taste in music, like me!

For me, the best way to describe tunes like tell Me Why would be "insidious", at first I hated it, but as I heard it more and more i really started to like it, LOL only kidding! I just think its good song.

bye waqas

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
well... i still hate it. I hated it from the beginnig on, and now I hate it even more. It just doesn't fit in the world of berserk. The OST of Hirasawa is great though... why tha hell did they put in that song? Tell me why??

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
I also like the music but I can't understand the english.

Does anyone have the lyrics to this song.

W

waqas786uk

Tell Me Why Lyrics

Feel no shame about shape
Weather changes their phrase
Even mother will show you another way
So put your glasses on
Nothing will be wrong
There's no blame, there's no fame
It's up to you
The first words should be finded
Whatever hold you back
I can, I can get it off

* Tell me what, Tell me what, Tell me what you want
I don't know why, don't know why, don't know why you afraid
Tell me what, Tell me what, Tell me what you say
I don't know why, don't know why, Too late, it's too late

Have no fear for real
It's just a turning wheel
Once you start up there's no other way
Don't put your eyes on boots
Step forward your roots
There's no aid there's no trade
It belongs to you

# Before you miss something given
You should know what's the truth
I can, I can make it out

* Repeat
# Repeat
* Repeat (x 2)

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
i always took it as the Godhand's song about chasing dreams. little too cheery for supernatural spiritual entities that indulges in massacres tho ;D

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Thanks waqas786uk.

What is your opinion about the closing music? I think it is very creepy which suits the show well.

"Tell Me Why" grew on me also and when you think about it, it does fit the uplifting part of Berserk."Waiting So Long" is better imo and it is definitely eery.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
Ah Gorilla Guts, many's a time I remember singing "Killing Stuff." I think the Penpals have really struck a chord, and yes, Forces rocks so hard it sinks Atlantis.

Top Bottom