That we made a Mistake about SK and VOID age?

I

Italian_demon

I'm not completly sure, but i think to have read that many consider Void and SK around 1000 years old, so i'd say Void as the youngest GH.......
but reading again the volume 13 i've started to have the strong impression that we are completly wrong about them and here it comes again the mystery of Gaiseric (is the legend correct about the matter that he lived one 1000 years ago...)...
SK hates Void and promised to strike him down, so that connects them as a personal relationship or an happening that involve both characters before Void was sommoned as a GH........ but the point that gives me doubts are:
1) VOid speaks like one of the wisest and in my opinion oldest of the GH (i can't picute any of the others as older than him sincerelly.....)
2) ZODD meeting SK he says: "i knew you'd show. You've opposed me for thousands of years!"
It wasn't for a "thousand of years"!
But for Thousands!! If the GHs were 4 which means we have around 5000 thousands years of story.... i wonder when did Void have been sommoned to GH and when Skully lived??
Then how could he meet Flora being still human?? Is Flora 5000 years old then??
Should we consider it just a wrong translation??
I still believe the SK have been branded but escaped from the Festival, then met Flora that gave him the Berserker to help him survive against some powerful Apostols... (Zodd??) Then something else happened....
But now it's getting really confusing, we are missing a lot of informations still about the past!!

I

Italian_demon

Shurikn said:
Do you know how the eclipse and festivals cycles work ?

Well maybe i'm wrong.......
now i realize that i made a mistake it was each 1000 years Eclip that could be summoned a GH, but that he could be reincarned to the human world, right??

I

Italian_demon

Shurikn said:
Do you know how the eclipse and festivals cycles work ?
If you can could you please explain it to me??
Really it not much i'm in this forum and i didn't read the older Topics and discussions....

But anyway, this doesn't explain why SK might have been there as a Zodd opponent thousands years ago....

cmz

Science Fry
Zodd :: Skullknight as Demon Baby :: Guts

I bet the Demon Baby will make a sacrifice!$#@$#@

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
cmz said:
Zodd :: Skullknight as Demon Baby :: Guts

I bet the Demon Baby will make a sacrifice!$#@$#@

Thats actully really interesting. Skullknight DID recogmend to kill the demon baby when it was born... perhapes he was talking out of experience.

cmz

Science Fry
DemonX said:
Thats actully really interesting. Skullknight DID recogmend to kill the demon baby when it was born... perhapes he was talking out of experience.

Well, at first my post was made in jest... but the more I think about it.. wouldn't it be real messed up if Skullknight was a reborn GH member, suddenly swayed to be a becon of light instead of darkness? I would suppose that he would need a body to make it back to the mortal plane of existance... and voila... out pops a very evil kid with a chip on his shoulder... The kid gets ahold of a behelit and becomes Zodd. And now... we're seeing the same sort of events transpire with Guts & Company. I don't know what role Flora could play in all of this, but I guess we'll find out in a few years :)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well I saw more as Guts as Skull knight and the kid as Zodd. We dont know if the kid is evil or not, and if it is the demon baby, it might have protected caska even if its evil just because caska is its mother.

And Flora to skully i think was shirke to guts in a way.

cmz

Science Fry
DemonX said:
Well I saw more as Guts as Skull knight and the kid as Zodd. We dont know if the kid is evil or not, and if it is the demon baby, it might have protected caska even if its evil just because caska is its mother.

And Flora to skully i think was shirke to guts in a way.

Hrm.. actually that's what I was thinking. Perhaps it didn't come out correctly.. and yeah, I don't think the "demon baby" is evil... who knows... someone had mentioned something a startling theory regarding the Griffith vs Demon Baby split. I was thinking something along the lines of Griffith sticking to his guns -- wanting his kingdom while still doing what it takes to accomplish his goals (i.e. getting rid of that nasty conscious aka the demon baby) -- hence the supposed "split."

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:

No i don't think so... SK wasn't negative against the Demon child, also he said he's just as any normal child to his parents..... In facts he helped and protected more than once both his parents... but SK suggest to Guts to stay away from him cause what he is, it is cause of a GH (he says "probably cause of a GH"), that will make GUTS hate his own baby forever....
I sincerelly feel very interested by the Demon child and i admire his behavior....
Griffit decided when rapped Caska that the Demon Child would have been his human body probably and offered him this option in exchange of powers to protect his parents, in my opinion.
But he might have been understimating the Childs soul force and love for his real parents....
Did i understand correctly?? Zodd the demon child of SK??
So why doesn't Zodd loves him as the Guts child does? and don't you think it is a little too cold when SK cold Zodd "undead thing" and Zodd just "you've been opposing me for thousands years"??

Italian_demon said:
I'm not completly sure, but i think to have read that many consider Void and SK around 1000 years old, so i'd say Void as the youngest GH.......
but reading again the volume 13 i've started to have the strong impression that we are completly wrong about them and here it comes again the mystery of Gaiseric (is the legend correct about the matter that he lived one 1000 years ago...)...

It's unknown if there were different Godhand before the current that were prehaps killed or whatever, but a normal eclipse is something like once in 216 years so Void could have still been born close to one thousand years ago when Gaiseric was around. You may be confusing this one to the eclipse once every thousand years giving a Godhand a human body and the ability to walk the world again.

SK hates Void and promised to strike him down, so that connects them as a personal relationship or an happening that involve both characters before Void was sommoned as a GH........ but the point that gives me doubts are:
1) VOid speaks like one of the wisest and in my opinion oldest of the GH (i can't picute any of the others as older than him sincerelly.....)
2) ZODD meeting SK he says: "i knew you'd show. You've opposed me for thousands of years!"
It wasn't for a "thousand of years"!
But for Thousands!! If the GHs were 4 which means we have around 5000 thousands years of story.... i wonder when did Void have been sommoned to GH and when Skully lived??

People here are convinced that the translations suggesting Skullknight saying that he is destined to strike down Void (I assume you speak of Skullknights words from volume 13, chapter 1, page 6) but he is actually saying something more along the lines of Void preaching about not being able to change fate, so if thats true then there is a fair difference between the two translations. Also on page 5 just before it where Zodd says "You have opposed me for thousands of years" is "you have opposed me for 1000 years". Knowing this should clear up a bit of your confusion.

Then how could he meet Flora being still human?? Is Flora 5000 years old then??
Should we consider it just a wrong translation??
I still believe the SK have been branded but escaped from the Festival, then met Flora that gave him the Berserker to help him survive against some powerful Apostols... (Zodd??) Then something else happened....
But now it's getting really confusing, we are missing a lot of informations still about the past!!

I don't recall Flora ever stating that she is as old as 5,000 but she was once friends with Skully at one stage, in fact she was probably friends with him while he was still human because she seems to have a history with the armor, implying she could be older than 1,000 years. I believe having a ability to use magic gives one the power to have a much longer than normal human life, but I don't think she is close to 5,000 years old personally.

I

Italian_demon

Thx Sparnage, i was wrong with the Eclips cycles, so then everything was messed up ;)

Italian_demon said:
If you can could you please explain it to me??
Really it not much i'm in this forum and i didn't read the older Topics and discussions....

But anyway, this doesn't explain why SK might have been there as a Zodd opponent thousands years ago....
Sorry for the delay.. i've been busy lately with school (yep i'm in school full time this summer.. damn university)

I found the thread talking about what you are looking for..
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2610.0

Enjoy the reading ! The years cycle is on page 2, look for Olivier Hague's posts, but you should read the first page too... just to be a good critic..

Top Bottom