The characters' origin

Amadeus

When dark and mysterious goes wrong... BE AFRAID!!
Hmm... If all this actually happened... Don't ya think we'd be reading about the infamous Zodd in history books?

Heh... I'll just go with them being Midlandians with different eye/hair/skin colors... What they are in actuality, we may never know.. Though I must say I find everyone's speculations interesting and amusing.. Oh yeah. And just to clear things up Beowulf was Danish. ^_~ And man if he looked anything like Gatsu..... Brawr...

~*Amadeus*~

Amadeus

typhonblue said:
Well, Gatts looks like my boyfriend so he obviously must be half black Irish, half German. :p

^_~ Oooh! Your hella lucky!

~*Amadeus*~

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Gutz said:
Nadiaska said:
And before somebody says that Berserk happens in another world and etc, etc........ the history was able very well to happen in the world that we knew, therefore in the times of the Medium Age existed several people, countries and kingdoms that today only found in the history books!

The landscape maybe base on the features of scotland, but i m quite sure this story happen in another world. The story and the history is totally different.i dont remember there was a city called midland, and i never heard of the name Gaiseric before in history book etc.

It might simply just happen in other world where story setting was base on the middle ages. And that y in this world there are existence of ghosts, monster, troll etc.

Everything that you said is true, but it is not that I really said that the history happens in the world that we knew, but that peacefully could happen! The atmosphere in that the history happens that is the Medium Age it is different from a fantasy medieval type The Lord of the Rings and Lodoss War! Of course Miura is not counting in Berserk the truthful history of Escandinavian , he was just used of her and of your legends for creating a good history increasing in her a lot of fantasy as countries and fictitious legends like Midland, Albion, behelits etc. I personally consider Berserk a history that happens in the Medium Age divided between the Real and the fantasy. The realism is in the rebuilding of the atmosphere (that I found similar to Scotland), of the medieval fights, clothes of the time, armors, swords, inquisition, diseases as the black plague, the a hundred year-old war, etc. The part of the fantasy is already of discussing why in that time the people they really believed that existed fairies, dwarfs, witches and demons that spread the evil and the good (in the case the fairies). Miura then invented a history in that he joined all this and it increased more terror elements and it fantasizes. The history books just teach us the necessary about the Medium Age, but if you is interested and to research deeply on her, will see as that time it is fascinating hiding facts, personalities, scandals, tragedies, cultures, people and kingdoms unknown for most of those school books ! It is not the tow that Miura decided to count your history in her! :)

Amadeus

Lliugusamui said:
Amadeus said:
typhonblue said:
Well, Gatts looks like my boyfriend so he obviously must be half black Irish, half German. :p

~*Amadeus*~
Btw, where are you from, amadeus?

Woah.. You can tell a loser from the amount of times they check an anime bill-board.. (Oookaaay... so that's TWICE today.. Three more to go!)

Anyway, I'm from California, USA and have no life. Boredom is going to eat me!!

~*Amadeus*~

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry

~*Amadeus*~

I was being sort of facetious. But yeah... I noticed the resemblence first from the cover of 17.

Personality wise they're miles apart. Dear boyfriend is like a mix of Pakk and Gatts. Frightening, no?

Amadeus

typhonblue said:

~*Amadeus*~

I was being sort of facetious. But yeah... I noticed the resemblence first from the cover of 17.

Personality wise they're miles apart. Dear boyfriend is like a mix of Pakk and Gatts. Frightening, no?

. . .

That's a BIT more than frightening.. That's... Er.... that's just kinda.. MEEP!!! (couldn't think of a better way to describe it!!) but anyway...

~*Amadeus*~

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
That's a BIT more than frightening.. That's... Er.... that's just kinda.. MEEP!!! (couldn't think of a better way to describe it!!) but anyway...

~*Amadeus*~

Imagine if you will the gratuitous evil of Gatts executed with the innocence and naive joy of Pakk. ;D

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
typhonblue said:

~*Amadeus*~

Imagine if you will the gratuitous evil of Gatts executed with the innocence and naive joy of Pakk. ;D
I want to meet this person.... >:D

Amadeus

Majin Tenshi said:
typhonblue said:

~*Amadeus*~

I want to meet this person.... >:D

Heh... as do I.

~*Amadeus*~

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
The Kushan look and dress like the traditional Mongol warriors of the Khan's army. That guy Silatt and his crew looked Arab/Middle Eastern.
Hmmm..Griffith....albino Anglo guy? Caska= Hispanic/gypsy? She's got a killer tan either way.

To me Pippin looked Hawaiian/Polynesian. I was just thinking this about the races in Midland....they seem to be many of them. Corkus reminds me of my uncle!!

Yet another facet of this story...multicultural diversity ;)

The fascination with caucasian features is nothing new.

LG

LG

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Does anyone know where the hell Griffith learned his sword skills and fighting skills from?? Maybe the Behelit he had gave him an edge? All you know about his character origins is that he grew up in the slums there with the castle looking down on his alleyway. So you can assume safely he was a poor kid.

I thought ( maybe mistaken) that in one of the Berserk character/art books it may be explained how he became the leader of the Hawks...that he was a highway robber before he became a mercenary.

LG

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Yeah it'd be cool seinga a prologue : Griffith meeting Judeau-circus, Pippin-mine , Corcus-thief and Rickert. Btw, we don't know anything of his past, except he may be come from a good 'noble?' family...
Guil

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
I look alot like gatsu hair attitud the only diffrence is he had a rough childhood and i dont have a huge sword

but im 100% itallian and love canolies ;D

Top Bottom